• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action UT

=W=

Action Quake 2 is my favorite mod ever, but I stopped playing after I got into Half-Life and its various mods, and AHL just paled so much in comparison, I didn't play it for very long. I think AHL is good in its own right, but it just completely lacked the "feel" of its predecessor. I much preferred the smoother mechanics of AQ2; I thought it just fit better with the style of mod (though I did like the dives).

That having been said, I think this mod is much more in the spirit of the original, and I can't wait for a full release. It has quite a few bugs, but it's still loads of fun. When they get the play mechanics smoothed out and add some maps (preferably a few that are a bit more simple in design), I can easily see this becoming my favorite UT mod. One thing I miss from AQ2 is the unfaltering accuracy of the sniper rifle. I liked how the bullet always went where the crosshair was no matter the circumstances, and in my time, this little detail made me one of the best HPB snipers around. I can understand why it's not that way anymore, since the game isn't quite as fastpaced now as it was then, but I still miss it.

Anyway, has anybody else been playing this? Perhaps we could get a GAF game up some time?

http://www.ateamproductions.net/

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Heh, AQ2...you know my clan still plays that game? Fucking crazy. I think we're the longest lasting clan for that mod

Dilbert

I'll have to download this mod and try it out. Is there a single-player version of it, or is it online only?

=W=

-jinx- said:
I'll have to download this mod and try it out. Is there a single-player version of it, or is it online only?
I'm fairly positive you can use bots in it. Don't take my word for it though, I've never tried.

Top Bottom