• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Blizzard says most of its games are on track ‘for now’

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

During an interview with CNBC, Kotick was asked how the move to homeworking has impacted game production at the Call of Duty publisher.

“I don’t know that we quite know yet,” he responded. “Most of the things that we have in production and development are on track for now. I think we’ll have to really reassess that in a month and in three months.

“We’ve been doing things like encouraging our employees to upgrade their home broadband to the highest bandwidth service and we’re paying for that, we had equipment available for take home so everyone in the software development, art or animation functions, we made equipment available so they had the newest most secure devices, but I think it’s still too early to know what the consequences [on] development will be for the next year or so.”

While suggesting “no one wins in a situation like this”, Kotick also told CNBC that Activision’s games are being played more than normal after social distancing measures were put in place in many countries.

“We’re very fortunate, we launched a new free-to-play Call of Duty a few weeks ago and we’ve had over 50 million people sign up to play,” he said. “Candy Crush is performing exceptionally well. Most of our games are seeing record levels of engagement and people are getting the benefit of entertainment at home for what we do.”

Last edited:
Top Bottom