• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Confirms CoD, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk and Spider-Man Games Due in 2010

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62315

Publisher Activision Blizzard today confirmed that, as expected, it plans to unleash a deluge of fresh entries in its popular franchises by the end of calendar year 2010, including new Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero and Spider-Man games.

In addition, the company reaffirmed that Blizzard's anticipated sequel StarCraft II and World of Warcraft expansion Cataclysm are slated to arrive sometime during the year.

The new Tony Hawk entry will once again utilize the motion-sensitive skateboard peripheral released alongside 2009's Tony Hawk: Ride.

Rumors have previously suggested that this year's Call of Duty entry will be handled by Call of Duty: World at War developer Treyarch, and could be set in the Vietnam-era.

Shitvision indeed.

2ni0l03.jpg

Raide

The new Tony Hawk entry will once again utilize the motion-sensitive skateboard peripheral released alongside 2009's Tony Hawk: Ride.

Did it sell that well to really warrant another?

markatisu

God another game for that horrible skateboard, it either means they need to recoup the money in anyway they can.....or enough people bought that piece of shit to warrant a sequel

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Only two Hero games next year, too. I guess spamming half a dozen mediocre games in a year didn't work out that well.

Raide said:
Did it sell that well to really warrant another?

It sold 100k+ the first month. I don't think anything was said about it afterwards. Still, the board itself is broken. Building a game around it is just going to end the same every time.

markatisu said:
God another game for that horrible skateboard, it either means they need to recoup the money in anyway they can.....or enough people bought that piece of shit to warrant a sequel
Has it been established that the fault lies with the hardware and not the software?

Penguin

The sad thing is, I'm almost certain if you searched, the thread title for last year would be insanely similar. :lol

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Lijik said:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Lijik/Stuff/callofduty7.png

It's missing the sub-title "Friend or Foe" from Spiderman, dude. :lol

Razor210

Publisher Activision Blizzard today confirmed that, as expected, it plans to unleash a deluge of fresh entries in its popular franchises by the end of calendar year 2010, including new Call of Duty, Tony Hawk

EDIT: read OP

I wonder what they are going to do with the spider-man game this year. I enjoyed Web of Shadows for the most part, it just felt like it needed a bit more polish.

Top Bottom