• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision confirms new Call of Duty for Q4 2020 | Several “remastered” and “reimagined” titles in development

Mista

Banned
logo-activision-igra-logotip.jpg

Activision Blizzard confirmed several release plans for 2020 during its fourth quarter and 2019 financial results conference call.

Here is a summary:

Activision
  • A new Call of Duty title will be released in Q4 2020 (Act shocked)
  • Several “remastered” and “reimagined” titles are in development, which will be announced later in 2020.

Blizzard Entertainment
  • Diablo Immortal will enter alpha testing in mid-2020.
  • World of Warcraft Classic will receive new content just like other Blizzard Entertainment titles.

King
  • King will invest in new titles for 2020.
It is worth noting that in February 2019, the Pan European Game Information rated a still unannounced Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered. This could be one of the remastered titles Activision is referencing.

Gematsu

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
For how long can wow classic still get content? At some time they will run out.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Cashing out my stock today. 20% interest in less than 6 months ain't bad, thanks Actiblizz. I just don't trust you not to fuck it up at some point this year.

For how long can wow classic still get content? At some time they will run out.

We get raid #2 in a week and then there's still a mini-raid and 2 big ones left. Plenty for the rest of the year. Then they'll inevitably do TBC Classic which will take another year and a half.

Quezacolt

oh, the goold old activision remasters, that are actually remakes. They really don't know the difference between the 2 things.

Hoping for MW2 Remaster since the rumours around it is stronger than anything else

My hope is Black Ops 1 if they don't change anything about the gameplay, and MW2 if they do. I do not want to deal with one man army noob tubes, insane commando lunge, painkiller, martyrdom, etc. There were so many awful things is that otherwise amazing game. A lot of it was scheduled to be patched, and then they had to screw over the people running the show.

So we never got the good version of MW2 that we should have had. On the bright side, we did get Titanfall and Apex Legends.

Mista

Banned
My hope is Black Ops 1 if they don't change anything about the gameplay, and MW2 if they do. I do not want to deal with one man army noob tubes, insane commando lunge, painkiller, martyrdom, etc. There were so many awful things is that otherwise amazing game. A lot of it was scheduled to be patched, and then they had to screw over the people running the show.

So we never got the good version of MW2 that we should have had. On the bright side, we did get Titanfall and Apex Legends.
I’m a big Titanfall and Apex Legends head. I play Apex daily and Titanfall from time to time

logo-activision-igra-logotip.jpg

Activision Blizzard confirmed several release plans for 2020 during its fourth quarter and 2019 financial results conference call.

Here is a summary:

Activision
  • A new Call of Duty title will be released in Q4 2020 (Act shocked)
  • Several “remastered” and “reimagined” titles are in development, which will be announced later in 2020.

Blizzard Entertainment
  • Diablo Immortal will enter alpha testing in mid-2020.
  • World of Warcraft Classic will receive new content just like other Blizzard Entertainment titles.

King
  • King will invest in new titles for 2020.
It is worth noting that in February 2019, the Pan European Game Information rated a still unannounced Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered. This could be one of the remastered titles Activision is referencing.

Gematsu

Hope with all my heart there's a new tony hawk coming soon, even a remaster could be lovely

IKSTUGA

Just put out a good decent THPS game and I'm happy. Last THPS game I bought was that "remake" on XBLA, which they managed to fuck up pretty badly. The mechanics and framerate were total shite.

Caffeine

gonna take some guesses
tony hawk remaster
another crash game remaster
mw2+3 remaster no mp (reasoning most maps will be in mw2019)
something tenchu
a bo1 remaster makes no sense since black ops droping this fall is basically a reboot set in cold war.

diablo 2 remaster greenlit ( they will fuck it up) see warcraft 3 reforged.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Tony Hawk Remixed, with a selection of favorite stages + songs from TH 1, 2, and 3.

The licensing for the songs would be the most important part to me, since a lot of companies are just changing / removing tracks (like what happened for the modern digital release of Crazy Taxi)

Ingeniero

Is Diablo mobile free with in game microtransactions?

I'm ready for COD 17 gogogo.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Activision is pure cancer.

Can I just say that anyone old enough to remember how shocking it is looking at the games that EA and Activison published from the 90s to mid 2000s? I don't hesitate to call EA the best publisher during the PS2/Xbox era, they just were!

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Can I just say that anyone old enough to remember how shocking it is looking at the games that EA and Activison published from the 90s to mid 2000s? I don't hesitate to call EA the best publisher during the PS2/Xbox era, they just were!
Actually nobody ever hesitated to say that. Unfortunately the shitty practises ruined a lot of companies reputation

Good luck to them in gaining peoples trust back

dottme

Tony Hawk Remixed, with a selection of favorite stages + songs from TH 1, 2, and 3.

The licensing for the songs would be the most important part to me, since a lot of companies are just changing / removing tracks (like what happened for the modern digital release of Crazy Taxi)
Didn’t they loose the Tony Hawk license?

VAVA Mk2

You guys if we stop buying it, then it will go away! Pretty simple! Just stop buying CoD! It hit its peak years ago.

Boss Mog

Fool me once... Modern Warefare has been the biggest letdown in the franchise for me. The only CoD game I'll pay more than 10 bucks from now on is MW2 remastered and it needs to be remastered like MW1 was, true to the original in every way except graphics.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
The yearly release schedule is was pushed me away from investing my time into any CoD.

I’m just hoping that there strictly is a long-game online only CoD more experience. I’d be all for that if they did it.

Like there’s no point to pick up the game anytime later than launch window itself.

Ten_Fold

MW2 remaster, no new weapons, no balance changes, just add more tags or whatever and update the graphics, maybe import more MW1 maps and we are good. I DON'T want too much added. I will pass on any new COD.

Top Bottom