• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Excited About Next-Gen Consoles: “An Opportunity to Showcase Our Premium Experiences”

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

During Activision Blizzard’s financial conference call for investors and analysts, chief operating officer Coddy Johnson was asked to comment on the upcoming next-generation of consoles.

Johnson mentioned that nowadays big franchises like Call of Duty enjoy broad appeal across multiple platforms (PC, consoles, and mobile), while several years ago this wasn’t always true.

This means that Activision is “well above any individual console change.” That being said, they’re “excited when partners come in and want to expand their platforms” including consoles.

“As the next-gen looks to be getting ready, we think it’s an opportunity to continue to showcase our premium experiences.
We also think increasingly… you see consoles being iterative, and that gives us the opportunity to keep our communities together. That’s why we made a strong investment to keep our communities playing togeter and either put these in the market or announce that we’re doing so. We think that continues with this console generation that is to come.”
Johnson continued by mentioning that consoles are only about a third of Activision’s business, and the company “sees itself having a robust growth pipeline across all the large platforms out there.”

Activision might as well say that those premium experiences are to cemsor streamers or gamers who don't adhere to the systems they put in place in their games...like a certain Yellow Disney Bear ruling one of the most populated Countries on earth.

That is the only way to beat Lootboxes as the most hated feature.

Well, Mr. JOHNSON. Let me tell you, I do believe there's a FAR more RRRROBUST, GRRRROOWTH PIPE..line if you go exclusively mobile. We'll really miss you on consoles but it's where all the money is really, think of all those Chinabucks you're missing out on!

Fuz

Banned
3fr2q2.jpg

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Can't wait to see loot boxes in glorious 8K with Ultra ultra texture on.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
1080p red dot $1
4k red dot $2
8k red dot $9.99

Random shooter dev: "Gamers, don't worry it's a dumb idea"

EA shooter studio: "Gamers, the team at EA will look into services satisfying all"

Activision: "Gamers, your wish has come true. Premium 8k reticules are now accessible in the latest patch"

Last edited:
Top Bottom