• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision groups Wii centric titles: Wee 1ST

Labelled Wee 1ST, the first titles released under the new brand will be Little League World Series 2008, Rapala Fishing Frenzy and Dancing with the Stars: Get Your Dance On...

Activision isn't the only publisher to focus specificially on the Wii market. Last month, EA unveiled the All Play brand grouping a number of sports titles together for the Nintendo home console.
GamesIndustry.biz

e. Better info from Next-Gen.biz
The new consumer initiative will see a number of Wee 1ST titles hit stores in time for the holiday season...

All of the games included in the new range, which will be supported by a national television and print advertising campaign launching this fall, will feature Wee 1ST branding on the front of boxes and at retail locations.

use-the-force-funny-Star-Wars-pictu.jpg

How appealing can they make a Little League World Series game? There wouldnt be any recognizable players. There isnt any logical way to make a career mode. You cant even steal bases.

Sadist

This reminds me: all three of the big ones (EA, Ubisoft and Activision) have a "casual" label now. Man, such creativity... :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sadist said:
This reminds me: all three of the big ones (EA, Ubisoft and Activision) have a "casual" label now. Man, such creativity... :lol

well think about it , for them it's 4 to 5 years opportunity to sell shovelwares like hotcake , so why they don't take it ?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sadist said:

And who`s the evil now ? Ea does a far better job than ubi crap and activision concerning their casual labels...they at least try to put some effort in those games...

Sadist

Seriously, I wonder what kind of productmanagers thought up these stupid names. And they get paid for it.

I wonder what Nintendo thinks about big publishers labeling their Wii games with "casual" since Nintendo never did that. I hope I can hear take on that @ E3.

Taker666

Oh Activision...you don't need branding..you need Wii games people actually want and you need to advertise them (see Guitar Hero 3).

A first person Spider-man lightgun style webshooter game

Guitar Hero with Nintendo music and charcaters.

That's what you should be doing for the casuals.

A ridiculous name for sure, but maybe it will allow the Activision brand itself to be associated only with the quality likes of Call of Duty and GH.

But still, what a name...

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Travis, remember to Wee 1ST, and head... for the Garden... of Madness!

Vinci

Danish
DXB-KNIGHT said:
I wonder what Nintendo thinks about big publishers labeling their Wii games with "casual" since Nintendo never did that. I hope I can hear take on that @ E3.

They likely won't piss on any of it, which is what they should do. But they won't because, hell, they're still going to make money - and more money no less - because of fuck-ups of this magnitude. Must be interesting to be in their position, knowing they're the only company that truly gets it.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Vinci said:
They likely won't piss on any of it, which is what they should do. But they won't because, hell, they're still going to make money - and more money no less - because of fuck-ups of this magnitude. Must be interesting to be in their position, knowing they're the only company that truly gets it.
well, i don't really think they should piss on it at all really. basically, they can let the publishers learn the hard way, though i'm certain when asked a question about it at E3, Nintendo people will more than likely mention how "some people" don't get it and how they're doing their best on every game that comes out.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Not a bad idea to segregate the games somewhat.

This way we can fairly criticize them for non Wee games if they turn out dumbed down, and if they are Wee, then we know to expect a more simple approach, no hardcore expectations.

Its not much different than say EA's BIG label, we knew it was not a realistic simulation when we saw the BIG label on SSX.

I do think the name is unfortunate.

Furret

Banned
The UK is the third biggest individual market for console games in the world.

Does Activision not care that "wee" means urine here?

At least the Wii is spelt differently, but this just is wee!?

I fear I've asked a rhetorical question.

agrajag

Banned
Furret said:

Sadly enough, they are probably well aware of that fact.

Xater

Furret said:

I am pretty sure it does not only mean that for people in the UK but for everyone who learned Oxford English. :lol

Top Bottom