• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision issues one sentence statement on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 launch

Easy_D

never left the stone age
They come out looking worse than Warner Bros. That's not even neglience, that shit takes effort

16641_103499039669497_100000282035606_88733_7782311_n.jpg

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Pathetic statement. Could have at least mentioned the developers name and apologised.

I hope they don't see a profit on this game at all. I ain't holding my breath that they'll fix the game. There is no way they didn't know about the state of the game so they just decided to release it and cash in on the Tony Hawk brand.

Activision are the worst.

gossi

Regarding the lack of review thread - the publisher sent out no review copies, so there aren't enough reviews to have a review thread.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So basically:

ayyyy lmaooo

we got your money already

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Consumer Rights Act of 2015.

Eurogamer : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-01-new-consumer-rights-act-puts-gamers-in-the-driving-seat

BBC : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34403005

Basically, HUGE win for gamers. It means we can get refunds on buggy games within 30 days, and the knock-on effect that will have with retailers and publishers is going to be beneficial for us.

Great, another way for customers to raise their voice in a way that actually matters to publishers.

Alexm92

Eurogamer : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-01-new-consumer-rights-act-puts-gamers-in-the-driving-seat

Basically, HUGE win for gamers. It means we can get refunds on buggy games within 30 days, and the knock-on effect that will have with retailers and publishers is going to be beneficial for us.

Didnt know about this. Sounds like it will influence publishers positively. You dont see books and films come out in as bad of a state as some games do.

Ultima_5

Danlord

or many publishers will just stop releasing stuff in the uk

The UK is a considerably large market for publishers to ignore.

If a game is getting mass-refunds, retailers will be wary of keeping stock of said game, given they can't get a profit if too many people are returning the game. This will mean retailers will put pressure onto publishers to release games fit for purpose. At least, ideally.

But this new law is great news for everyone in the UK/

EpicBox

Ah the games industry... An industry where more attention is given to selling games than to making sure they are of a good quality.

It is interesting that new IPs are turning out with better quality and more polish than sequels are lately.

Fractal

Banned
That's more than I expected... not much to do aside from playing dumb and hoping everyone forgets all about it soon.

True Fire

Companies aren't being held accountable for releasing broken games, so to them it's more worthwhile to release a broken game on schedule than it is to delay the game (especially in the case of Tony Hawk and its expiring licensing deal). That needs to change.

Denton

Just Activision being Activision, the shitty company that it is. I am just glad they don't actually release any games I care about so I can continue not giving them my money.

super6646

Banned
Activision has become worse than EA in terms of broken games. On top of the fact they crap out on COD every year, I place an embargo on myself from playing their games. They don't really put anything interesting out anyway (except for of course CALL OF DUTY!!!!)

Chao

There should be legal consequences for this. Developers can't keep getting away with it, this should be taken to court and it needs to create a precedent.

If you're game is not finished, fuck you, you didn't meet the deadline, whatever. Why do you think releasing something in this condition is a better idea?

They're lying, everyone knows it. They're scammers and are selling an unfinished, defective, broken product for 60 dollars.

Someone needs to answer to this, as I said , in court.

And every scumbag developer who does the same after them too

Brannon

On one small hand, fuck Activision for being Activision, but at least you know what to expect.

On the other, larger hand, fuck everybody that saw the massive red flags this game was waving and bought it anyway because reasons and are still deciding to get upset about it. You deserve it. Not like they hid anything as hard as 343 hid their everything last year.

It's like last year never happened. Oh well, at least this quarter's shitstorm is starting early.

gossi

Legal issues need to go between the publisher and developer. I'm not spending my money and time taking legal action against companies over games. In the UK we can refund dodgy games, as can most of the EU nations.

Came to see a long ass sentence, was not disappointed.

That's a poor effort on both the game and the acknowledgment/non-apology. They had to know.
I kinda remember warning signs but I have never been into the series.

"We are aware of the issues that players have experienced following the launch of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 and are working with the developer to address these so that we can continue to improve the gameplay experience for all of the Tony Hawk fans who have known and loved this franchise for more than 16 years".
wXVzUEE.gif

Is it sad where this industry is when we can easily predict AAA games that are going to be released broken?

Let's just make that the new definition of "AAA". Not quality, not budget, not marketing hype.

"AAA game" = game that is released unfinished, extremely buggy, or completely broken.

Can we get one of those over here in the USA, please?

<looks at the makeup of Congress>

...never mind :(

Hahaha.

Activision was aware of the problems. Sony was aware of them. Microsoft. Their respective QA teams and executives.

I feel bad for the developers. Don't get me wrong, Robomodo is by no means absolved from the garbage they created. But Activision knowingly and willingly pushed out this trash. Sony and Microsoft knowingly and willing allowed this trash to be pushed to market. They have just as much fucking blame as Activision.

Robomodo made the best (worst?) of a shit situation and those other companies only compounded their problems by letting such fucking garbage into people's homes.

Expectations were already rock bottom, yet it looks like they've even got under that low bar.

Congrats Activision. Wear that crown of shit with pride.

Top Bottom