• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision turns Toys For Bob into a CoD support studio; Crash/Spyro teams laid off

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

Last edited:
The mobile game made more money confirmed. I dont think the recent release did anything like the remakes. Sony should have bought the studio and the IP. But too late now.

”Not by me or by my team” I wonder how the micro transactions are doing in crash racing.

Kamina

Golden Boy
These classic games are apparently outdated, so they flood the market with copy pased trash that offer them more opportunities to milk CoD-kiddies through micro transactions.

Last edited:

LMJ

Ape Escape!

This, Ryan READ this, no better studio to do a remake/new game of Ape Escape than these talanted folks!!!

What horrendously depressing news, Activision continues to suck... hate that these greedy fucks own Spyro and Crash...(and yeah I'll stand by that statement, it sure as shit wasn't TFB asking for money for a reticle via DLC IN Cod)

Thief1987

Oh no did Crash 4 not do well?
It has only 500k players(on PS4) on gamstat two months after release, and if you suggest that majority of sales is on playstation, yeah it's nowhere near Activision's expectations after the massive hit that was N'Sane Trilogy.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Activision shouldn't have flooded the market with Skylander games year after year and the toys. They were onto a good thing, if they had spaced those games out more, they might still be profitable. some of the titles were pretty decent.

Bobby did his part and took a pay cut ($800k or something). He tried to save them....

No, he really did....

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
So despite critical success for 3 older IP's in Crash, Spyro and Tony Hawk, they're just done? Wow, I mean that sucks so bad for them, I though with Crash 4 doing so well we'd get more stuff in the future
Well is not as good as what they expected as return on their investment. EA, Activision, and the likes are all about massive returns for the least amount of money they can afford to capture it for.

It is sad how much single focused they are on COD and seeing how they took two studios that had an amazing crack at Crash Bandicoot (Vicarious Visions and Toys For Bob) and just trashed them :/.

Vae_Victis

Banned
If it doesn't absolutely break the bank and it can be hyper-monetized with microtransactions and lootboxes, Activision is not interested.

This is obviously a reckless strategy for the long term, for such a big company with such margins expectations to put all their eggs in less and less baskets over time. But considering they were the ones that in a financial record year decided to lay off a bunch of people just because the profit was not looking record enough for their linking, and they wanted to remove some costs last-minute to artificially inflate it even more, I think we know how much they think long-term and short-term.

VN1X

Banned
Good. Those Spyro and Crash games are for babies anyway and babies shouldn't be playing videogames to begin with. They should be out in a yard with a stick, digging a hole or something, playing pretend cops and robbers.

#LETSGO

Seriously, Sony is worse than Nintendo when it comes on sleeping on IPs.

where the fuck is Twisted Metal ? Wipe Out ? its really sad the new sony forgot what made PlayStation a great system.
Seems like unless they are guaranteed to sell millions and millions, they probably won’t mess with the dormant IP’s unfortunately.

ahmyleg

Banned
Well....$40 for remakes of 3 classic games - great deal. $60 for the new game, which is probably ultimately similar (I haven't played it, so correct me if I wrong) - not as good of a deal.

Top Bottom