• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision's Deadpool, Spider-Man, and X-Men games disappear from digital stores

Eusis

I can never decide which is stupider. Shitty contracts in the gaming industry or melting down the history of cinema for the silver.
Latter, easily. Pending copyright bullshit time will eventually open doors for games, whereas restoring destroyed film is impossible.

Eusis

Are we sure this isn't Activisions choice? They seem to be dumping licences.
I think there's a really good chance of it actually, either the MvC3 thing happening with similar timing was coincidence or Activision may well have caused a chain reaction. Never mind that it could have been a two sided agreement or other details just weren't known to us.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Are we sure this isn't Activisions choice? They seem to be dumping licences.
Sure, Activision does have a history of unceremoniously dumping licenses as they have demonstrated with James Bond last year. But what makes us doubt this is just them voluntarily doing it again is that this also happened to Capcom with MvC3 and Konami with X-Men Arcade at the same time period. Hard for me to believe that three publishers dropping their Marvel licenses at the exact same time is a big fat coincidence.

More digging around tells me that Tony Hawk was signed up until 2015. No way Activision will be resigning that contact,,,

Although no one will miss this when it disappears...

MTxixYh.jpg

I am starting to think that a thread trying to guess/determine when games are going to get delisted might be helpful. Need to figure out when stuff like Aliens / Star Trek / F1 might be disappearing.

Uraizen

Banned
So, umm... I made a dumb mistake and accidentally got the Deadpool DLC (NA) for PS3 earlier. If anybody is looking for it feel free to hit me up. Just want to rectify this mistake and break even. Oops. >.>

Eusis

Sure, Activision does have a history of unceremoniously dumping licenses as they have demonstrated with James Bond last year. But what makes us doubt this is just them voluntarily doing it again is that this also happened to Capcom with MvC3 and Konami with X-Men Arcade at the same time period. Hard for me to believe that three publishers dropping their Marvel licenses at the exact same time is a big fat coincidence.
On the other hand didn't Simpsons Arcade also go down? The timing is suspicious, but Activision has a history of pulling this crap, Konami lost another arcade port, and Capcom still has Vita DLC up and MvCO. Though if there really is a concentrated effort to have One Licensee we'll see by E3 probably.

Top Bottom