• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actual John Wick coming to Fortnite in limited time event

Boss Mog

fortnite-john-wick.png

Kinda brilliant marketing for JW3 if you ask me since Fortnite had a skin that players affectionately called "John Wick" due to its resemblance to the action hero.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Very cool! Although it's kind of funny that they're putting this into a game where a large portion of the players can't go see the movie unless they have a parent or guardian accompanying them.

Codes 208

Adverting an adult movie in a game which playerbase is mostly composed of underaged players. yup
If this were Minecraft than I’d say you have a point. But like halo and cod before it, it’s an adult MP game that just happens to be cool to kids. So this event isn’t wasted on me, my friends or half of youtubers I used to watch that converted to being fortnite streamers.

Codes 208

Or is it more a kids MP game that is popular with adults?
It’s crowded with kids now but that didn’t feel like an issue prior to season 4. When it first started out it certainly was more adult oriented.

On another note, this is actually the second time they’ve added John wick to the game and the first time was fairly successful.

Did anyone think the new John Wick movie was good or not? I'm thinking of taking Kojima's daughter out on a date and wanna know if it's the right kind of movie for a first date. She doesn't like Fortnite which is a huge turn-on for me.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I dropped this game then jumped on Apex but Apex is letting me down right now with how slow content updates are.... Is it time for me to return?

Remember when robocop, toxic avenger, alien, terminator etc, where marketed towards kids? Ah the good old days.

Isn't that back when kids went outside and knew the difference between the real world and the cyber-safehaven they live in?

Robocop, alien and terminator were so violent and ultra-violent in a time when people saw it as almost 'funny' but we all knew real life was, well, real life.

Look at the snowflakes nowadays. No way in hell would I want them to see a Robocop or play Soldier of Fortune, they'd all turn into mass murderers or would become catatonic from sheer panic :messenger_tears_of_joy:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I like what Fortnight has, I just don't think this fad will last, pressure is on them to release updates, how well does it do without DLC?

Gamernyc78

Banned
It's cool how the assassin hotel from the movie is in the game and when you enter it you automatically lose the ability to kill others just like how it was a neutral zone in the movie. Those little details.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
I like what Fortnight has, I just don't think this fad will last, pressure is on them to release updates, how well does it do without DLC?

Fad? Shit is already at Season 9 and as popular as ever. It might have reached its Zenith but this beast isn't going nowhere. It's already been a couple of years ppl have been playing, it isn't a fad.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I've earned every seasons Victory Royal umbrella since I started, and I've wanted a solid black victory umbrella ever since I started playing during season 4 when it released on Switch.

None of my friends play this, and the Wick's Bounty limited time mode is seemingly impossible to solo. 😔

Fortnite is increasingly being used for cross media promotions. While it can be fun sometimes, it is getting to the point where I feel like I’m playing more ads than Fortnite.

Roitorb

I've earned every seasons Victory Royal umbrella since I started, and I've wanted a solid black victory umbrella ever since I started playing during season 4 when it released on Switch.

None of my friends play this, and the Wick's Bounty limited time mode is seemingly impossible to solo. 😔

I’ve got one and got to get one for my son over the weekend if you want. I’m happy to team up with a fellow gaffer.

Gamernyc78

Banned

Keep trying, I won yesterday with auto fill and some randoms. I've atually noticed tht more often than not I've been randomly grouped with good players that try to win.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Fortnite is increasingly being used for cross media promotions. While it can be fun sometimes, it is getting to the point where I feel like I’m playing more ads than Fortnite.

I am glad these cross collaborations exist, it keeps the game fresh and adds ideas which devs use to create different modes. Otherwise this game would be more stagnant. It's cool to see how they pull it off and how good epic is at implementing these collabos.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I’ve got one and got to get one for my son over the weekend if you want. I’m happy to team up with a fellow gaffer.

Thank you so much! My free time this weekend will be a bit erratic, but I highly appreciate the offer and will let you know if I find the time. Do you play on Switch too, or are you on PC, Xbox, or PS4?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

I got my black umbrella with randos, it's doable Ailynn.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Very cool! Although it's kind of funny that they're putting this into a game where a large portion of the players can't go see the movie unless they have a parent or guardian accompanying them.
Maybe that's the entire point. Selling the kid on the movie means two ticket sales instead of just one.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
haven't touched Fortnite in forever but this is kinda cool. not worth downloading the entire game for it though.

Brilliant marketing a 17+ movie in a game only played by 1 2 year olds.
i think you'll find plenty of 12 year old boys are into movies like this so yeah i agree it's brilliant marketing.

oh and loads of adults play the game too.

tell me, how much did you pay for Fortnite Battle Royale?

also it's a limited time event...chill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom