• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ad-hoc Party Beta thread (compatibility better than expected!)

duckroll said:
Here are some multiplayer games I have on PSP:

Monster Hunter Freedom (US MHP2)
MGA (US)
MGA2 (US)
Katamari (JP)
Armored Core Formula Front (Asia English)
GTALCS (US)
Tekken DR (JP)
Hot Shots Golf 1 (US)

I can't wait to see if other folks are interested in battling their AI-driven creations! You're a champ for even owning this, Duckroll! Double kudos.

duckroll

Pylon_Trooper said:
I can't wait to see if other folks are interested in battling their AI-driven creations! You're a champ for even owning this, Duckroll! Double kudos.

The English versions have non-AI normal battles. :p

Dre

Metalmurphy said:
That's really odd. When using remote play on the PS3 I can choose to connect directly to the PS3 or trough my router, if I connect directly I still have access to PSN so it's connecting both to the router and the PSP wirelessly. Why can't they do the same for this?

Does someone actually have a technical explanation for this ?

Defuser

Cruzader said:
Wait ppls are complaining already?! Amazing!

"oh wait I need a PSP, Fuck you Sony" :lol :lol :lol

If some of you cant get an ethernet cable, then you fail at life, seriously. They're cheap and it aint like the PS3 was, so if you can afford an HD console, go get a damn cable.
I got plenty of Ethernet cables lying around but I can't wired them to the router because it's far away and can't move it. Good job for not reading my later post. douche.

Flek

Banned
Lets just use this thread for meat ups k?

Some games i would like to try out - if you have the same region version and want to try / play just pm me :)

me & my katamari (eu)
metal gear acid 1 & 2 (US)
Lumines (jap)

duckroll

Okay, here are the results from our little adventure:

Lumine 1 kinda works, if you scroll through the skins to select one it will disconnect. If you select Shining, it works but is kinda laggy (could be my connection, not sure) and it disconnects before a round is even over.

MGA1/2 might work, might not work, who knows. Flek has no saves so we couldn't even try it! :lol

GTA LCS might work, but by the time we got to that my PSP shut up autotmatically when WLAN was in use because the session totally made my battery go flat. :lol

Can't say it was very successful, but the interface works and is pretty cool.

Flek

Banned
duckroll said:
Okay, here are the results from our little adventure:

Lumine 1 kinda works, if you scroll through the skins to select one it will disconnect. If you select Shining, it works but is kinda laggy (could be my connection, not sure) and it disconnects before a round is even over.

MGA1/2 might work, might not work, who knows. Flek has no saves so we couldn't even try it! :lol

GTA LCS might work, but by the time we got to that my PSP shut up autotmatically when WLAN was in use because the session totally made my battery go flat. :lol

Can't say it was very successful, but the interface works and is pretty cool.

i have to confirm this :lol i need to put my saves back on the psp ... asap.

Also i forgot iam really looking for someone with TAIKO NO TASUJIN 2 for Multiplayer !!!

Anyone know if Portable Ops works? It notices everything and such when in AdHoc Party, but can't find people to play. If it does work, anyone interested?

ShadowKingpin said:
Anyone know if Portable Ops works? It notices everything and such when in AdHoc Party, but can't find people to play. If it does work, anyone interested?
oO

Portable Ops has infrastructure mode.

Cruzader

Banned
Defuser said:
I got plenty of Ethernet cables lying around but I can't wired them to the router because it's far away and can't move it. Good job for not reading my later post. douche.
Somehow Sony put your router really far away from your PS3 so its gotta be their fault so yea fuck sony amirite?

Also got TKDR US. anyone wanna try tomorrow?

robox

had a fairly successful session of monster hunter freedom 2, us version yesterday.

tried out multiple psp's to 1 ps3 and it works!

had a couple instances of dropping out in the middle of a mission where through few hours of play. and the quest may not always show up reliable. but just trying and it'll show up and doesn't seem to amount to anything more serious.

RpgN

CurseoftheGods said:
Do any of those games support voice chat?

All of them :D

You use your headset wireless etc. It's because the programm is on the ps3, you chat there and play the game on your psp. Great combination.

Kyoufu

Bump.

Got 2 questions.

1. Does Adhoc Party, just like Xlink Kai allow cross-compatibility between region games? For example can I use my JP MHP2 and play with the US MHP2?

2. I have a 20gb lulz, can I use a USB wifi bridge card thing or am I fucked?

Carlisle

Kyoufu said:
Bump.

Got 2 questions.

1. Does Adhoc Party, just like Xlink Kai allow cross-compatibility between region games? For example can I use my JP MHP2 and play with the US MHP2?

2. I have a 20gb lulz, can I use a USB wifi bridge card thing or am I fucked?

I am also interested in #1.

No45

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/12/18/ad-hoc-party-now-supports-a-ton-of-titles/

Full list of supporting titles, apparently:

Arc System Works
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Guilty Gear Judgement

Ertain
The Con
Xyanide
Boxers Road 2: The Real
Lost Regnum

Idea Factory
Cardinal Arc

Irem
Sengoku Efuda Yuugi: Hototogisu Ran

AQ Interactive
Jitsuroku Oniyome Nikki

Electronic Arts
NBA Street Showdown
Tiger Woods PGA Tour
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Need For Speed Underground Rivals
Burnout Dominator

ESP
Hajime no Ippo Portable Victorious Spirits

Enterbrain
Derby Stallion P

Alchemist
Higurashi Daybreak Portable

Gust
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance

Capcom
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
Capcom Classics Collection
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Street Fighter Alpha 3: Double Upper
Powerstone Portable
Monster Hunter Portable
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd
Monster Hunter Portable 2G

Global A
Dungeon Maker II

Genki
Carnage Heart Portable
Daisenryaku Portable 2

Koei
Mahjong Taikai

Konami
Coded Arms
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable 2
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable 3
Metal Gear Acid 2

Cyber Front
Korkor! Koron

Success
Saikyou Shogi Bonanza
Shanghai
Nunpure 10000-mon

System Soft Alpha
Daisenryaku VII Exceed

Square Enix
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable

Spike
Kenka Banchou 3: Zenkoku Seiha
Tomb Raider Legend

Sega
Intial D Special Stage
Sega Rally Revo
Nou ni Kaikan: Minna de Aha Taiken!
Nouryoku Training Portable 2
Phantasy Star Portable

Sony Computer Entertainment
Kazuo
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ape Escape: On the Loose
Saru Get You: SaruSaru Daisakusen
Saru Get You: Saru Racer
Derby Time
Derby Time 2006
Tenchi no Mon 2
Dokodemo Issho
Dokodemo Issho: Let’s Gakkou
Nippon no Asoko de
Mercury
Patapon 2
Ape Escape Academy
Ape Escape Academy 2
Formula One 2005 Portable
Bleach Heat the Soul
Bleach Heat the Soul 4
Bleach Heat the Soul 5
Boku no Natsuyasumi Portable
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2
Echochrome
Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
LocoRoco
LocoRoco 2
Wipeout Pure

Taito
Ultra Puzzle Bobble Pocket
Ooedo Senryoubako
Space Invaders Extreme
Densha de Go! Pocket: Osaka Kanjousen Hen
Densha de Go! Pocket: Toukaidousen Hen
Densha de Go! Pocket: Chuuousen Hen
Densha de Go! Pocket: Yamanotesen Hen

D3 Publisher
The IQ Cube
The Table Game
The Puzzle Quest
The My Taxi

Nippon Ichi Software
Prinny: Can I Be The Hero?
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Nihon Falcom
Vantage Master Portable

Hudson
Dungeon Explorer
Rengoku: The Stairway of Heaven

Namco Bandai
Gundam Battle Chronicle
Gundam Battle Tactics
Gundam Battle Universe
Gundam Battle Royale
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Alliance vs. Z.A.F.T. Portable
Quiz Mobile Suit Gundam: Toi Senshi DX
Gunpey-R
Smash Court Tennis 3
Taiko no Tatsujin Portable
Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2
Chuugen no Hasha: Sangoku Shouseiden
Tales of the World: Raidant Mythology
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 2
Naruto: Narutimate Portable Mugenjou no Maki
Bounty Hounds
Me & My Katamari
Macross Ace Frontier

From Software
Adventure Player
Armored Core Formula Front
Armored Core Formula Front International

Marvelous
Valhalla Knights
AI Mahjong
Hitman Reborn: Battle Arena
New Rainbow Islands
Fish Eyes Portable

Ashour

Konami

Coded Arms
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable 2
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable 3
Metal Gear Acid 2

What no MGS PO, are they dump or what or do they want to create Konami ID for that too, I know it has it's own online but come on playing this on the Ad-hoc system would rock.

robox

how is everybody doing on the drop rate and disconnects? i've had times where it's fairly good (if you call a couple drops over a few hours) and other times where it's pretty hard to keep a connection for that long. does it matter that i was still using beta?

-Rogue5-

Is it labeled "AdhocParty" on the jpn PSN store? If not, how would someone who doesn't know a lick of Japanese know what to download?

Edit: Also, why hasn't SCEA and SCEE released this? It seems like all that's needed is a simple translation of the gui.

Captain N

-Rogue5- said:
Is it labeled "AdhocParty" on the jpn PSN store? If not, how would someone who doesn't know a lick of Japanese know what to download?

Edit: Also, why hasn't SCEA and SCEE released this? It seems like all that's needed is a simple translation of the gui.

I'd also like to know where I can find this in the Japanese PsN store.

RpgN

Aru said:
Is anyone interested in playing Guilty Gear Judgment US version ?

Sure though don't expect a pro XD

EDIT

Send me a PM if you're interested and we'll plan a date. I have to go now.

Teknoman

Actually emailed Sony about it...doubt i'll get anything other than a canned response, but it'll be interesting still.

Aru

RpgN said:
Sure though don't expect a pro XD

EDIT

Send me a PM if you're interested and we'll plan a date. I have to go now.

Sorry, I didn't see your post back then.
I've sent you a PM.

I'm not a pro either :p

Teknoman

So how many GAF members / people in general play Monster Hunter Freedom 2 over ad-hoc party? Thinking about getting that and Phantasy Star Portable soon.

Teknoman

SecretBonusPoint said:
Best to wait for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite at this point really! Supposedly out "this spring".

Yeah thats true. Probably going to end up with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and PSP.

Teknoman

Ugh. Damn it...

35celqv.jpg

rhooz7.png

At least when Nintendo sends you a response, its actually about the question you asked, regardless of whether it actually answers your question.

d58e7

Has anyone tried sending an email to someone from the Sony blog, maybe they can actually post an update on the blog as to when the US/EU will see AdHoc party. I don't see why they can't just translate the text and pass it off on the other servers so we can all test it out.

Edit: I thought there was an email option, guess not :(

Teknoman

d58e7 said:
Has anyone tried sending an email to someone from the Sony blog, maybe they can actually post an update on the blog as to when the US/EU will see AdHoc party. I don't see why they can't just translate the text and pass it off on the other servers so we can all test it out.

Edit: I thought there was an email option, guess not :(

Hmm forgot about that. There has to be some way to contact them right? Either that or maybe bug Sven at Capcom along with Monster hunter unite info?

Teknoman

Sorry for the double post. Maybe im blind...but wasnt this topic supposed to have an ad-hoc party setup guide?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. But I still think there should be more info how to set it up, as well as the JP account info in the original post.

Teknoman

For Ad-Hoc Party Beta

mummite said:
Make sure you have a wired connection to your PS3

Here is a brief translation to the front end title screen in order from top to bottom, there are only 4 selections and it’s easy to navigate through.

• Start: "Start" is the ad hoc Party portal allowing to select a server called "World" and a meeting area called "Lobby"

• Jump: "Jump" is made for selecting "Friend List" (フレンドリスト) or "Bookmark" (ブックマーク) which allows to directly join a connected PSN friend's Lobby, or to select a bookmarked Lobby.

• Ad hoc : "ad hoc" is used to connect the PlayStation 3 with an activated PlayStation Portable.

• Information page: The "Information page" is the PlayStation 3 built-in web browser restricted online user manual for adhoc Party.

To add to that, after searching around I found this *Taken from the official playstation forums and edited for general PSP gaming*

How to join a game:

Press circle to choose the first option on the Ad Hoc Party screen. You will be taken to and place that says 'World A' you can scroll through the worlds with the L1 and R1 buttons.

Find the World of your choice, now using the left or right analog stick find the lobby of your choice , then press circle to go into the lobby.

You will now see a close up of the lobby, press circle.

Now you may or may not see other people, you can talk to these people buy pressing start to bring up your keyboard. You can also press circle over their name, the first option makes you walk to them, the second option you can talk to them, the third option is 'add to friends list'.

You will also see houses. Each house represents someone hosting a game. Which game are playing? Well you don't really know until you go into the house. Some of the houses are named based on what game they are playing, but not always, so feel free to pop into any open house and ask what they are playing if you cannot tell. To enter a house, use the analog stick and set the target over the house, press circle, then chose the 2nd option. To exit a house press triangle, then chose the first option, then chose the option to the left.

Once you are in a house you can hook up a headset to your PS3 for voice chat.

Start up the PSP game of your choice and go into it's MP mode and search for a host. Make sure your WLAN switch is turned on.

How to host a game:

Use the analog stick to move the cursor find a clear spot in the lobby. Press Circle.

Chose the second option.

Three more options will appear. Press Circle on the First Box to name your house.

In the third box you can set a password.

You are now hosting a game. While hosting a game you can press Triangle to bring up host options:

The first box is to leave your house. Simply press Circle, then chose the option on the left.

The Second box is to set the description of your house, press circle on the second option and a key board will come up.

Third option is to open or close the door. An open door means anyone can come in, a closed door means no one can come in. It is a good idea to close the door if your party is full. The option on the left opens the door, the option on the right closes the door.

The fourth option is to kick the player from the room. It bans them and they cant get back in.

Im going to try and host a game in World J Lobby 64. It'll be Phantasy Star Portable trial mode, but still worth a shot. Apparently retail version games can still play with trial version games. Password is believe.

dak1dsk1

Banned
It really sucks that you need a PS3 for this. Someone should code a program for the PC that emulates the PS3 tunneling service.

Top Bottom