• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Lock if old:

Edit:Keep silly tweets out of this thread please

After it was revealed that Call of Duty: Ghosts would run at 1080p on PS4 through a listing on the PlayStation Store, many people have been wondering if this meant it would just output in 1080p, or if it would be native 1080p.

Speaking at the Brazil Game Show happening right now, Adam Boyes, VP of Publisher & Developer Relations at Sony Computer Entertainment America, confirmed that Call of Duty: Ghosts is “native 1080p on the PS4.”

Well good.

And the One?
17z7.png

FranXico

1080p of ugliness and robotic animations remain ugliness and robotic animations.

Enough of this CoD nonsense.

Krilekk

Banned
TBH we've had other corporate figures talk about native 1080p games that according to the dev always were 900p. It's time for the next three weeks to pass so we can replace all those shady PR people with actual facts.

Zornack

So Albert saying he has no way of knowing the resolution of third party games until launch was bullshit? He's higher up at Microsoft than Boyes is at Sony.

ethomaz

Banned
I predict this thread to be locked in 3... 2...

BTW I read the @famousmortimer blog right now... honest and interesting read.

FeiRR

Banned
I'd throw money at the screen if it changed "Call of Duty: Ghosts" to "Battlefield 4" in the title :/

Shadownet

Banned
Oh sheeeeet, now if Xbox team come out and say that the Xbox One is only 720p native.

Watch out people, close your doors, lock the windows and hold your PS4 tight.

It's going to be a glorious shitstorm.

I wonder how many CoD people will buy a PS4 instead lol

Honey Bunny

TBH we've had other corporate figures talk about native 1080p games that according to the dev always were 900p. It's time for the next three weeks to pass so we can replace all those shady PR people with actual facts.

He specifically says native, and he is obviously giving out this info in response to the XB1 720p fiasco. I'd say he has enough good sense to not be lying about this one.

Apparently the other thread got locked because of fake tweets.

This has been discussed a bit already in the IGN COD preview thread.

But I guess it's new news for those who haven't been reading that one.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I predict this thread to be locked in 3... 2...

BTW I read the @famousmortimer blog right now... honest and interesting read.

The first thread was locked because it got too personal and was based on rumours. The second thread got locked because I misread what it said on PSN, but this thread is confirmation from a Sony exec, so I see no reason why it would be locked.

ethomaz

Banned
The first thread was locked because it got too personal and was based on rumours. The second thread got locked because I misread what it said on PSN, but this thread is confirmation from a Sony exec, so I see no reason why it would be locked.

The other with this same Sony exec words get locked too early today... I don't know why.

Because that @famousmortimer wrote a blog post.

http://doddscientifics.com/2013/10/...ello-neogaf-and-twitter-a-dramatic-retelling/

The other with this same Sony exec words get locked too... I don't know why.

It got locked due to fake tweets being posted as a joke

From other thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87356710&postcount=64

famousmortimer said:
Amir0x said:
Alright then this pretty much means the entire rumour is true then...

It is.

When i first posted it was flimsy. I've since heard from enough people that it's no longer flimsy... but the thread was shut down so I didn't have anywhere to post it.

Activision is going balls out working on optimizing the game on the xbox one, maybe in time for launch, maybe afterwards, maybe they can't... but they are trying. But as of right now the version people are playing are 1080p on the ps4 and 720p on the xbox one. #truthfact #notflimsy #poundsign

Also

https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/393521489867075586

Catch 22 honestly

If it can do 1080p 60 fps yada yada then it's no big deal because it's just COD and not very demanding in the eyes of the interwebz

If it can't do 1080p 60 fps... red alert. DOOMSDAY ya'll

SMZC

Catch 22 honestly

If it can do 1080p 60 fps yada yada then it's no big deal because it's just COD and not very demanding in the eyes of the interwebz

Exactly what I was thinking.

system11

This thread reminded me that I need to pre-order today so I can get that extra map. With this and 2-3 of the indie/PSN games I think I'm good to go.

Catch 22 honestly

That's not a Catch 22. That's a normal case of succeeding/failing a modest expectation.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The implication by contrast is really the newsworthy thing.

Exactly. I can't believe how the narrative has changed over the last few weeks to '720p is fine'. It is worth considering though that the reason it looks so bad is because they're trying to optimise it for the X1 and don't want to make it even more difficult by adding in even more next gen assets.

As a prospective PS4 owner I demand 1080p/60fps from most games and in two years I'll be demanding 1080p/60fps from all games.

This is a lot of blabla... Is anyone actually reconsidering their purchase based on these last newses? (DC delay, Cod res,...) Buy the console that you think will be best for you in a long period. Not based on the next few months wtf..

BigDug13

The news is that it was a obvious dig at Microsoft. It seemed like it was something they went out of their way to say since CoD's resolution is a recent hot topic.

I agree. I saw it as a Sony exec twisting the knife a bit. (which I'm ok with in this particular instance)

Domino792

I agree. I saw it as a Sony exec twisting the knife a bit. (which I'm ok with in this particular instance)

Yeah i love the little jabs they've been throwing at Microsoft since E3.

So when an exec confirms something, it's now a dig? Are you serious? How about he said that to put PS4 owners minds at rest.

I did not mean Dig in a bad way, i think its awesome. And its Adam Boyes he reads Gaf so he knew he had a good topical point to bring up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom