• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What a crazy weekend this turned out to be and to think we're still weeks away from launch....

fade_

Seeing your Twitter account go batshit fanboy over anything MS announces, I'm sure this is worth every penny.

Literally.

d01677254f5f6a34eca7be8d97c7b58b_bigger.jpeg

Its funny how in his post he TRIES to sound unbiased but he just can't do it...not even close.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay. So as long as Sony hasn't said that you aren't allowed to capture PS4 footage at all, then it doesn't seem like too big of a deal. It's still stupid on their part, but if it's easy to get around then it doesn't seem like something worth getting angry over.

One thing I can think of is there might be certain things restricted from capture. Publishers have really weird embargoes sometimes... case in point, my review NDA for Kingdom Hearts HD:

Please don't reveal spoiler content.
Do not capture CGI.
Entire cutscenes cannot be captured.

So yeah, pretty crazy right? Especially for a 11 year old game...

Nah. I think the point Kevin Dent brought up about being asked to not to report on the publisher event is quite insulting to journalists. Even if they are video game journalists and hence their job depends largely on their relationship with big publishers, it doesn't mean they are not journalists at heart.

The Sony-invite event? Probably shitty review exclusivity deals meant Sony invites everyone but no one's allowed to talk about it.

thuway

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

Battlefield 4 on PS4 is 900p on PS4. So speculation could be rampant, but this is where they are at now.

Also COD Ghosts has framerate issues to be ironed out by launch. Both machines.

One more bit of information, but working on getting another source for that will be nigh impossible, I have informed Kagari about it.

TheCloser

Banned
You should know by now that Kevin Dent is nothing more than a troll and an unpleasant person. I got into an argument with him once on Twitter for going around trolling someone when he had done nothing noteworthy. He's a bigger douche than gies.

Radec

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

Battlefield 4 on PS4 is 900p on PS4.

Also COD Ghosts has framerate issues to be ironed out by launch.

One more bit of information, but working on getting another source for that will be nigh impossible, I have informed Kagari about it.

Boom.gif

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

Battlefield 4 on PS4 is 900p on PS4. So speculation could be rampant, but this is where they are at now.

Nevermind...answered...

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

Not like this...

Bedlam

I've read it four times now, and I'm still baffled. The part about 720p vs 1080p in particular makes exactly zero sense.
That part was indeed confusing, I thought he mixed up his words there. Was he actually trying to say that we should not buy 1080p games... because, and that's even more confusing, devs "who go that route don't love money"? Basically, "720p > 1080p"?

:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/

no news ever since. You're basically speculating. And without solid sources at that. How can I take your entire post seriously?

My philosophy, if you have to think about it, it's probably bullshit.

You are on fucking drugs. I mean that literally. There's no way you made this post sober.

goddamn. lol

I dunno if you guys know this but Kevin Dent is kind of a scumbag and probably worth just ignoring

This is turning out better than the closed COD thread

ib1yR8bZ2Gmime.gif

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

Frame rate issues

Is this also why people are crying in a corner.... Really

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

AAAAAAND HERE WE GOOOOOO.

Slashlen

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

I was just about to go to sleep, and this happens...

jwk94

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

Dam...

Trevelyon

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

Damn, yo!

cdkee

Banned
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

MEGATON

ref

Framerate issues on CoD Ghosts?

This new engine or whatever they are using must be heavily unoptimized, there is no reason for a game that looks as mediocre as CoD Ghosts to have framerate issues.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

lol. expecting something like 40-60. I don't think current gen was stable 60 either for previous CoD.

SpartanN92

Banned
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

rTylATn.gif

I dont think we respect the fact that these are still launch games.

We're getting like 20 across both consoles. It's really all good.

The meltdowns are fun, but it is really all good.

PTG

Can't these reviewers just use game footage that's already released for their reviews? I don't see what the big deal is. We already knew that Sony said that the HDCP was going to be removed after launch. Did they expect to receive special PS4's without the HDCP or something?

Wille517

Neo Member
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

Thank ou for making a clear statement and confirmation but I dont think those first 2 a are shock to anyone who has kept abreast of the news here

ethomaz

Banned
One thing I can think of is there might be certain things restricted from capture. Publishers have really weird embargoes sometimes... case in point, my review NDA for Kingdom Hearts HD:

Please don't reveal spoiler content.
Do not capture CGI.
Entire cutscenes cannot be captured.

So yeah, pretty crazy right? Especially for a 11 year old game...
I think spoiler is a fair restriction... I plan to play the game just now :) I don't like reviews with spoilers (story spoilers... not gameplay or others things).

Metfanant

Its funny how in his post he TRIES to sound unbiased but he just can't do it...not even close.

yeahhhh it was quite obvious...especially the whole development costs thing...

trying to say that a small studio only needs to buy 10 xbone's at $500 instead of $5000 PS4 dev kits....when in reality we all know that MS has been mum as shit about turning your xbone into a dev kit ever since they announced it wouldnt be available at launch...so a lot of good those 10 xbone's will do your development team....he even brushes off the free PS4 dev kits with a "but they cant get them to everyone." Also funny how he and all these colleagues he has lean Xbox, yet we dont hear any of these small devs speaking out about it...only all the little indie devs praising Sony....

weird...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FINALLY GREEN LIGHT.

New thread! New thread! Lets keep this going till launch!!!!

Symbiotx

devkits actually do cost money. and he also did mention the loaners. not defending him, but what you said doesn't discredit what he wrote about the devkits. except maybe the actual pricing of the kits. Wii U devkits are around $2000 to $5000, so I would think PS4 is around the same range.

He said one guy in a basement can't make games for the ps4 at that price. If they're loaning them for free, that makes what he said wrong.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Since people keep asking about the Thuway issue, basically we asked him to not post the last rumor because it was about the resolution of a game that had at least a year of development time left.

Given how game development works, it's not overly fruitful to draw conclusions about a game in that early of a state versus discussing a game that has already went gold such as Call of Duty: Ghosts or Battlefield 4.

For example, this was the first unaltered screenshot we ever received of a next-gen Ubisoft game:

1.) It barely looks any different than Assassin's Creed 2.
2.) The screenshot is 1024x640 and has additional black bars.
3.) It's running at 13 FPS.

Now obviously the game wouldn't have shipped this way. It quite possibly could have had the same resolution at the end, but everything is so early about this image that you can see why there probably wasn't a ton of value in discussing it yet.

We're not against forum rumors, but we do like to focus on ones that are about things that are more related to final products or what consumers will definitely end up seeing.

Can't these reviewers just use game footage that's already released for their reviews? I don't see what the big deal is. We already knew that Sony said that the HDCP was going to be removed after launch. Did they expect to receive special PS4's without the HDCP or something?

To drive hits, you need unique experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom