• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sessler leaves G4/X-Play

Patryn

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Welp, there goes the only person I liked at G4.

Edit: well Feep is at G4, but he is a writer.

. http://kotaku.com/5905119/adam-sessler-out-at-g4

Longrunning gaming personality Adam Sessler is no longer at G4, the TV host's representative said today.

Here's a statement from Sessler's representative:

Television personality Adam Sessler and TV network G4 are parting ways, with Adam's last episode as host of G4's "X-Play" airing on the network today, Wednesday, April 25. Adam has been hosting the show since it first aired as ZDTV's "Gamespot TV" in July 1998 and he also served as Editor In Chief of games content at G4. His current projects include starring as himself in the Summer 2012 movie "noobz" and consulting with a film production company on theatrical feature adaptations of video games. Adam intends to stay in front of the camera and continue as a key voice within the games industry. He also sings and is available for weddings and bar mitzvahs.

CyReN

Been watching the guy for almost a decade now from TechTV Extended Play. Loved Soapbox, X-Play, and Feedback podcast.

X-Play has no "integrity", at least no more than any other "gaming journalism" outlet. Sessler leaving will change nothing. I've sort of started to disagree with him more and more as time goes on.

RPGCrazied

Good for him. That station/channel lost it after that whole TechTV thing. Hope he finds something better.

Hate that channel so much now.

Ravidrath

Whatever's next for him, I wish him the best.

I didn't have a lot of interaction with him when I wrote for X-Play, but he was always very cool and down-to-earth when we did meet.

He is probably going to Polygon.

That seems to be where all the game writers are going in the mass exodus.

The real question is, where will they all go in a year when Polygon goes under as it inevitably will. Will they all try to go crawling back to their old jobs?

Patryn

I've added Kotaku's confirmation to the OP. Can a mod please change the title to reflect that it's not a rumor?

Codeblue

Hope he finds a more respectable place, which would really be anywhere considering what G4 is today.

Best of luck to him.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Good. I think he was the only person left who had things to say that you would want to listen to. Excited for what he does next.

Never understood why people rate him. He just seems to be on some pedestal because he worked at a television network. Whenever he's said something controversial or provocative I've disagreed with him.

Top Bottom