• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sessler leaves G4/X-Play

chiablo

As much as I'd love Sessler to join Giant Bomb, I don't know if they would really make a cohesive unit.

Giant Bomb is very relaxed, like a bunch of bros sitting on the couch drinking beer and playing some vidja games.

Sessler is like a hyper Jack Russell Terrier that wants to change the world.

Don't watch much Xplay or tv in general, but when I did Adam was pretty much the best part of Xplay. A shame to see him go without a bang. Hope he finds something better.

sixghost

As much as I'd love Sessler to join Giant Bomb, I don't know if they would really make a cohesive unit.

Giant Bomb is very relaxed, like a bunch of bros sitting on the couch drinking beer and playing some vidja games.

He was on one of the E3/GDC podcasts and yelled everything he said. Maybe he was just drunk.

Sky Chief

I think it would be great precisely because of the differences in personality.

WillyFive

I know this has been mentioned before, but this is the perfect opportunity to make Meet the Sess a reality.

Wherever he goes now, he should at least try that.

LQX

With E3 moving to Spike TV G4 is not even worth watching anymore. Would be nice if he lands somewhere like GiantBomb but that might be a big downgrade. Anything other than TV would be a downgrade really. He wont make as much money anywhere on the web.

Good for him. That station/channel lost it after that whole TechTV thing. Hope he finds something better.

Hate that channel so much now.

That whole network is a joke. Remember when it was gaming 24-7?

They used to show hours of just gameplay footage...........what happened to that network man.

Sessler leaving is because they want to be like Spike TV and distance themselves from anything gaming. Morgan will be next. Attack of the Show will soon follow.

Patryn

So will his farewell be on tonights X-PLAY? Guess I should record that.

Sounds like it was filmed much earlier, and I doubt it will be acknowledged as his final episode beyond maybe an added screen, given the rumors of an acrimonious breakup.

That whole network is a joke. Remember when it was gaming 24-7?

They used to show hours of just gameplay footage...........what happened to that network man.

Sessler leaving is because they want to be like Spike TV and distance themselves from anything gaming. Morgan will be next. Attack of the Show will soon follow.

As I said earlier, why would gamers watch hours of gameplay footage when they could just play a game instead?

There's room for gaming shows, but I don't think a gaming network is sustainable.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
End of an era. I watched Extended Play and X-Play religiously for years. I can't remember the last time I watched X-Play though. I think around 2007-ish, when my TV habits changed and I no longer wanted to be tied to the TV everyday at 4. But I still have tons of fond memories of those shows, and Adam was a great personality. (I liked Morgan too)

I usually don't watch any of G4's E3 coverage outside of the press conferences, so that aspect doesn't really bother me. Maybe GTTV can get him to come on for their E3 coverage or something.

Raoh

Adam Sessler for QORE 2.0 2013 confirmed!

Raoh ducks from all the broken gaming peripherals thrown at him

rdrr gnr

Didn't know Sessler was so well liked. He was and is a terrible critic and profoundly embarrassing writer. I find many of his reviews cringe-worthy. I guess I'd give him more credit than a typical games "journalist" but that isn't saying much.

I hope he lands someplace on the internet. Its the only place for that kind of stuff. I even stopped Tivoing Xplay except for the E3 specials because more than half the time it was some other program.

Lime

Why is this thread almost 4 pages long (100 post view)? From what I have read and heard of this guy, he's just as terrible as the usual gaming journalist. Could someone explain to me the redeeming qualities that makes this journalist worthy of this many posts (if not thread worthy)?

Mully

I'm really glad he left G4. It seemed like he felt really uncomfortable there. I have a feeling he's going to be huge for the industry going forward. The dog's off it's leash.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
This will make room for more Campus PD reruns, so G4 can continue down the path of TLC.

Meanwhile Sessler can take any site's video shows and instantly make them huger, presumably.

Maybe he'll end up over at Microsoft like Tina Wood and Laura Foy, where Major Nelson will force him to review bad Windows phone apps and the latest Kinect shovelware if he wants to be able to let out of his cell.

Mully

If he hasn't lost his passion for video games after what he probably went through at G4 he has two smart options.

1. Create his own site and be the Roger Ebert of video games.

2. Link up with Giantbomb and run shit with Jeff, Ryan, and Davison.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Who wouldn't go to Giant Bomb honestly. Best option imo.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Oh wow. Just seeing this thread. I like Sessler. I wonder how this will affect the show. I have to have my daily fix of Webb. I do agree though that Adam has always had balls to call out things he didn't like in the industry unlike others.

So sad. The only one from G4 I remotely like that's left is Morgan.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Other people actually watched Cinematech? I thought I was the only one.

I never knew how interesting it was to watch trailers and gameplay footage from random games.

Top Bottom