• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adult gaffers who secured PS5/ Xsx do you feel bad?

do you feel bad?

• now that you mention it, yeah i kinda feel bad

• not really, fuck them kids

Results are only viewable after voting.

-Arcadia-

Banned
We were just trying to act like our respective brand's teraflops 🤭

Honestly, that makes so much sense.

Xbox Gaf:

1B3EUxE.jpg

PS Gaf:

iuGR4zR.png

Nintendo Gaf:

6owro1M.jpg

PC Gaf (who should always be kept away from Nintendo Gaf:

VQGpBLN.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
PS5 and XSX's main target demographic is not kids or even teenagers, to be honest.

NinjaBoiX

As if you’re going to buy your kid a £500 console for Christmas, that’s way too much!

Buy them the controller and let them work a paper round to afford the console.

Then buy them Demon’s Souls next Christmas.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
On Sept 16th I finished my lecture at 12:50 then started watching state of play at 1:00.
Spent the next eight hours refreshing webpages and secured 2 pre-orders while my students were doing HW I assigned at the same time.

So, no guilty at. I got my ps5 and they got the knowledge which is priceless. :p

Last edited:
No. Life isnt (for most) all rainbows and getting what you want, so those damn kids can learn to be disappointed by not getting expensive gifts :messenger_savoring:

IMO it is just lame and intellectually lazy to bring out the "bbbbut think about the children!" card, like they would deserve something more than others.

It should be other way around, people whom are +90 years old dont have much left, so technically they deserve to enjoy from stuff earlier than spoiled smelly kids, whom have whole life a head. Unless they are terminally ill. Or murdered. Or kidnapped by aliens.

Life isnt fair:messenger_beaming:

If I would see a PS5 in a store today and grab it 10s before some family with 10 kids would, I would tell them to suck a potato and laugh my way out to the cashier, pick up the prettiest one and ask her to visit me later so I can close the door to her face and tell her "no one can play my PS5".

Trimesh

Banned
No one felt bad for me when the original Playstation came out.

That reminds me of something - when the original PlayStation was released I had been scheduled to go to Japan for the last 2 weeks of October - so I asked if it was possible to move the dates forward a week (without any mention of why). When the guy from the Tokyo office phoned me back the conversation went something like this:

Them: OK, we have rebooked your flights and hotel and your new outgoing flight is on the 22nd October with the return on the 6th November. I'll send you the bookings, please check them and let me know if you see any problems.
Me: Thanks, looking forward to seeing you all in a couple of months!
Them: So do you want us to preorder a PlayStation for you?
Me: Ummmm. Yes. Was it that obvious?

Ar¢tos

Kids make terrible beta testers, and are also not great at finding workarounds for early console bugs/glitches.
Console launches are meant for adults and not for all adults, but for those with patience.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Also the things to delicate in its current state having 6 year old Jacob-Zackerry pressing every button combo on the dash trying to watch minecraft videos or having 4 year old Ariana-Bailey trying to shove her breakfast pop tart in the disc slot.

I dread to think what would happen.

chigstoke

fuck kids.

theyre gonna find out santa isn't making these fucking things soon enough.
Let’s not doubt Santa’s ability to design and implement a custom IO hardware block to achieve 5.5 gb/s read speeds minimum or having an in-depth knowledge of variable clock frequencies up to 2.23ghz.

Last edited:

Orpheum

Fuck some other kids. I work my ass off the entire week and this was the only thing i was looking forward to during this sorry excuse of a year. I deserve this more than some little shit who cries to his parents that he wants a console for christmas

Rubik8

Two of my kids are excited about it. Two don’t give a shit. But let’s be honest, I bought it for me. And no I don’t feel bad about it at all. I work hard for a living and don’t have a lot of hobbies except gaming.

MrS

Banned
Been a PlayStation gamer since 1995. A child simply would not appreciate this console like I do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom