• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adult Swim cancelling Venture Bros

Owari

According to a tweet by Ken Plume, longtime friend of the show and author of the Go Team Venture book, AS has cancelled their best show.

There was still at least a seasons worth of story to tell and ending it like this after 17 years makes zero sense.

spam the hashtags #goteamventure #renewventurebros and #venturebros!

Valonquar

Venture Bros is great! Very sad if true. They def need to give it a send off season at least. Cartoon Network / Adult Swim never do seem to understand how to keep their best stuff going.

notseqi

while I didnt watch it past an early season I can see the comedic appeal to NA audiences, and I don't get the cancellation if they had ideas for it.

Why would they cancel it? I need more info.

Also, I think that was the only show left on that network that I watched.

There's been a lot of internet talk the past couple of years how the people in Turner who run AS now are assholes. Started around when Metalocalypse was cancelled and AS were being pricks about it. I remember AS being super childish about cancelling Metalocalypse.

After Metalocalypse and now Venture Bros not getting final seasons I'm starting to believe it.

Kadayi

Banned
200.gif

I know the seasons have taken an age to get out, but VB is so goddamn good......FUCK :messenger_anguished:

HUELEN10

Cancelled by Adult Swim, but I can totally see a Final Season to find Hank and wrap up last loose ends, only on HBOMax.

Illo

HBO Max better come in to save the day. (Seeing as they are funding any CN show it feels like) the show needs at least one more season or a movie after the last ending we got.

I'm sure the showrunners would had made more seasons, but I rather see a conclusion by now. The show has been running for 17 years now.

I binge-watched this show and then couldn't remember what was going on two years later when the latest season came out. Sorta shelved it and never managed to get back into it. I will now, though. So much good stuff in there.

Carna

Banned
Not a huge fan, but it was still better than the majority of stoner crap on that block. I heard The Shivering Truth was good though.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, AS is run by retards that fuck people over (google it) anyway so this doesn't surprise me.

Enjay

Banned
Why would they cancel it? I need more info.

Also, I think that was the only show left on that network that I watched.
Probably because it took them 3 years on average to produce a measly 8 episodes. Glad to see this show canned.

Edit: Just read they were in the middle of only writing season 8 a few months ago when they got word they were cancelled. I already know exactly how it went:

AS - Okay it's been a lot of money and a few years, what've you got for us?

VB - Well we've got 1 episode written...

AS - 2 years and the animation budget and all you've got is one episode written?

VB - We've been enjoying spending our money too much.

AS - Well enjoy talking about how you used to enjoy spending money with Brendan Small, Mike Tyson, and Brad Neely.

Last edited:

softwarepagan

Neo Member
Is everybody allergic to not sucking now? That was pretty much the last good show on Adult Swim. There are some halfway-decent things on there now but nothing truly good.

oagboghi2

Probably because it took them 3 years on average to produce a measly 8 episodes. Glad to see this show canned.

Edit: Just read they were in the middle of only writing season 8 a few months ago when they got word they were cancelled. I already know exactly how it went:

AS - Okay it's been a lot of money and a few years, what've you got for us?

VB - Well we've got 1 episode written...

AS - 2 years and the animation budget and all you've got is one episode written?

VB - We've been enjoying spending our money too much.

AS - Well enjoy talking about how you used to enjoy spending money with Brendan Small, Mike Tyson, and Brad Neely.
What money? Adult Swim doesn't pay hourly dude 🙄🤣

Always an excuse for these corporations

oagboghi2

They paid for/provided the production.
They hadn't gone into production. They were still writing scripts.

So I'm supposed to believe that AS was strained by putting the writing team back on the payroll a few months ago. Please, this is bullshit.

AS is just trying to cut anything that costs more than a dime because they are cheap

Enjay

Banned
They hadn't gone into production. They were still writing scripts.

So I'm supposed to believe that AS was strained by putting the writing team back on the payroll a few months ago. Please, this is bullshit.

AS is just trying to cut anything that costs more than a dime because they are cheap
Well their parent company has the debt of a small nation atm. They are no longer in a position to pay people who clearly didn't wanna work anymore.

Top Bottom