• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AfroFuture FEST charging white people twice the ticket price of POC's

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
A Detroit youth music festival is offering different ticket prices for different races, leading one rapper to withdraw from the event.
AfroFuture Fest tickets for “persons of color” cost half as much as tickets for “non-persons of color,” according to the event page.

Early bird tickets for white attendees run at $20, while early bird tickets for non-white attendees cost $10. After July 17, tickets for white people will cost $40, while tickets for non-white people will cost $20.

A spokeswoman for Eventbrite, a popular ticketing website hosting the festival, said the event will be removed if the terms aren’t changed.
“Our mission is to bring the world together through live experiences. We strive to provide a platform that enables people to gather for their chosen purpose, and that reflects diverse viewpoints, so long as they don’t violate our Terms,” the spokeswoman told the Daily Caller News Foundation in an emailed statement.
“We do not permit events that require attendees to pay different prices based on their protected characteristics such as race or ethnicity. In this case, we have notified the creator of the event about this violation and requested that they alter their event accordingly,” the spokeswoman added. “We have offered them the opportunity to do this on their own accord; should they not wish to comply we will unpublish the event completely from our site.”
LOL

Also imagine thinking some black dude from the hood wants to hang out with a bunch of entitled upper middle class people that sip soy lattes and eat organic non GMO guacamole from Whole Foods lmao.

Last edited:

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2018
Wouldn't the more sensible way of going about this be something like having a ticket giveaway directed towards communities that otherwise would likely find it difficult to afford to attend, and offsetting the cost of those free tickets by raising ticket prices for everyone else?

"If you have skin color A, you pay less. If you have skin color B, you pay more" is somehow better than that?

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
Dont see whats wrong with cuckolds having their own convention to go to. Its a legitimate fetish.

Reactions: Krelian91
Jul 6, 2015
These people that try to put so much emphasis on race are almost always the most racist people you'll ever meet, but because they're racist against white people they never face any consequences.

Reactions: Stilton Disco

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
You know what I wouldn't have a problem with this if they weren't so high and might and trying to stick it to the man. You want to drive up black attendance to your event, subsidize their tickets. Its basically a 2 for 1 sale in a sense.

But they had to get all woke with their reasoning and basically assume all non POC are just rich suckers who deserve to be played as fools. Like if I was black I would actually be offended that they think they need to offer lower prices because black people can't afford to pay 40$.

Ol'Scratch

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2019
You know what I wouldn't have a problem with this if they weren't so high and might and trying to stick it to the man. You want to drive up black attendance to your event, subsidize their tickets. Its basically a 2 for 1 sale in a sense.

But they had to get all woke with their reasoning and basically assume all non POC are just rich suckers who deserve to be played as fools. Like if I was black I would actually be offended that they think they need to offer lower prices because black people can't afford to pay 40$.
What I would probably do is have tickets for sale cheaper at local owned businesses, because that is a double bonus. Cheaper tickets plus you are bringing attention to local business. Here in St Petersburg some shows will show love to some smaller record stores and local food establishments by having tickets available and being able to skip the surcharges and such. It is a great way to do it.
I do not feel that is the real message trying to be expressed here.

I want this to show on on REEE soooo soo bad. I am literally twitching and keep peeking waiting for someone to post this over there because so many would glorify it and so many others would be buried.

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoadam

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
What a horrendously written event description.
SHUT THE FUCK UP WHITEY AND OPEN UP YOUR THIRD ANUS FOR THE 360 DREAMSCAPE AND FREE THE BLACK SPIRITS FROM THEIR SHACKLES SO THEY WILL BE FREE TO INHERIT AND REBUILD WAKANDA

• Triggered
Reactions: haxan7
Oct 26, 2018
SHUT THE FUCK UP WHITEY AND OPEN UP YOUR THIRD ANUS FOR THE 360 DREAMSCAPE AND FREE THE BLACK SPIRITS FROM THEIR SHACKLES SO THEY WILL BE FREE TO INHERIT AND REBUILD WAKANDA
THAT IS NON-SENSIBALISTIC WAY OF COMMUNICATION TO A FELLOW FORUM MEMBERSHIPATION HOMOSAPIEN. YOUR HYPER-SENSATION IS AGGRAVATING NEOGAF TO ULTIMATUM AT MULTIPLICATION OF 10 TO EXPONENTIZATION.

IF ALL NEOGAFATION USERS SHARE DNA BY GRASPING HANDS LIKE A FEMALE HOLDING A DILDO VIBRATION, THE PLANET WOULD BE MUCH HAPPIER-ATION.

• LOL
Reactions: brap
Dec 15, 2011

JOY and PLEASURE are free.
If you are so indoctrinated in racism, materialism and envy, then going to some gig isn't going to fix you.

Also, this claim needs a fuck-ton of receipts as this is the basis they use to justify their racist pricing structure.
No hyperbole. No emotion. No expressions of disbelief followed up with "I can't even.." nothingness.
Just verifiable data to support the claim.
With sources.

Perhaps the anyone who believes the claim would be kind enough to oblige the data that supports it.
Thanks.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

JOY and PLEASURE are free.
If you are so indoctrinated in racism, materialism and envy, then going to some gig isn't going to fix you.

Also, this claim needs a fuck-ton of receipts as this is the basis they use to justify their racist pricing structure.
No hyperbole. No emotion. No expressions of disbelief followed up with "I can't even.." nothingness.
Just verifiable data to support the claim.
With sources.

Perhaps the anyone who believes the claim would be kind enough to oblige the data that supports it.
Thanks.
If they really wanted to be alturistic they would make it free for POC or donation based. Its more like hey we can make some profit off of POC and double off of whitey.

Oct 26, 2018
If they really wanted to be alturistic they would make it free for POC or donation based. Its more like hey we can make some profit off of POC and double off of whitey.
Make early bird tix $15 and regular priced tix $30 for everyone. Problem solved.

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
I once wondered in to a bar in Cambridge, UK. I was stopped at the door and asked to pay the £10 entry fee. A few black people strolled in without being stopped and I said to one of my friends "they must have paid and gone for a fag". The doorman replied "no, we don't charge blacks, just white people."

He explained it was so that blacks and minorities had a club to go to where white people weren't. Which was a little bit of a lie. There were A LOT of white women. We were the only white dudes. Drinks were four times more expensive for us than anyone else. We didn't stay for long.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I once wondered in to a bar in Cambridge, UK. I was stopped at the door and asked to pay the £10 entry fee. A few black people strolled in without being stopped and I said to one of my friends "they must have paid and gone for a fag". The doorman replied "no, we don't charge blacks, just white people."

He explained it was so that blacks and minorities had a club to go to where white people weren't. Which was a little bit of a lie. There were A LOT of white women. We were the only white dudes. Drinks were four times more expensive for us than anyone else. We didn't stay for long.

Now where in history have I heard this before? 🤔

• Thoughtful
Reactions: brap

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Something, something, something. What is that something? Oh, I remember now. Slippery slopes are a logical fallacy.

:messenger_poop:

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

It's not surprising that there were a lot of white women there. Many white English girls have become enamoured by the black inner-city “gangsta” culture that now blights many cities across England. They often find out the hard way that these type of guys are bad news (to put it mildly).

In my view, Britain flatters blackness and black cultures in a way that is not repeated with other non-white groups. You only have to look at the world of British television – particularly TV adverts – to see this.White do-gooder intellectuals repeatedly make up all sorts of excuses for the failings within the British black community while simultaneously praising the violent, resentment-filled lyrics of grime and drill music (Stormzy's Glastonbury performance was recently described as a “glorious victory lap for black British culture” by the Guardian's head pop music critic).

People in Britain are increasingly encouraged to see black people as Immaculate Victims who are less morally culpable. The craven response to London's spiralling gun and knife crime problem is a symptom of this kind of thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sleepydays
Dec 15, 2011

Whitesnake

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2018
They reversed the decision.

Now the tickets cost the same but “Non-POC individuals are encouraged to provide additional donations”.

This is both because some artists were voicing discomfort and one even dropped out and because Eventbrite, the service through which they were selling online tickets, threatened to cancel on them unless they changed it.

The rapper that dropped out is a biracial woman that goes by the name Tiny Jag, and the smoothbrains on Twitter have been going after her for it.

Tiny Jag’s statement:

Dec 15, 2011
“Non-POC individuals are encouraged to provide additional donations”.
Show me those damn receipts for your claim.
Otherwise fuck off with your racist guilt-trip efforts.

The fairest middle-ground would be to encourage EVERYONE to donate to a worthy non-partisan charity, instead of donating to finance racist event organisers.

Also, from the tweet thread:

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2018
Yeah she’s getting shit on by a lot of “woke” lefty black people just because she decided not to toe the line.

Personal attacks toward her, her family, and her career, accusations that she’s playing the victim or trying appeal to “incels”, attacks on her racial identity by claiming she “wants to be white” and implying that biracial people with white moms are invalid, and of course scrawny self-flagellating white guys who think they need to explain racism to her because she doesn’t agree with them.

You’ll be hard-pressed to find people who want to hold black people back more than other black people. The left has them convinced that if a black person tries to move past the victim mentality that they’re not really a valid black person so they can be disrespected and discarded. Terms like “coon”, “uncle tom”, and “housenigger” have seen a rise in use on social media because of this.

Of course, Twitter will do fuck-all about this behavior, because it’s not being done by white people.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
Yeah she’s getting shit on by a lot of “woke” lefty black people just because she decided not to toe the line.

Personal attacks toward her, her family, and her career, accusations that she’s playing the victim or trying appeal to “incels”, attacks on her racial identity by claiming she “wants to be white” and implying that biracial people with white moms are invalid, and of course scrawny self-flagellating white guys who think they need to explain racism to her because she doesn’t agree with them.

You’ll be hard-pressed to find people who want to hold black people back more than other black people. The left has them convinced that if a black person tries to move past the victim mentality that they’re not really a valid black person so they can be disrespected and discarded. Terms like “coon”, “uncle tom”, and “housenigger” have seen a rise in use on social media because of this.

Of course, Twitter will do fuck-all about this behavior, because it’s not being done by white people.
This is the behaviour of people so entrenched in their racist view that they genuinely believe it to be acceptable.
And, thanks to Twitter's platform and group-think, that acceptance of pervasive racist attitudes is being enabled.

You're either for racism or against it.
There is no middle ground.