• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AfroFuture FEST charging white people twice the ticket price of POC's

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Show me those damn receipts for your claim.
Otherwise fuck off with your racist guilt-trip efforts.

The fairest middle-ground would be to encourage EVERYONE to donate to a worthy non-partisan charity, instead of donating to finance racist event organisers.

Also, from the tweet thread:

:messenger_tears_of_joy:
I will never understand black people saying biracial folks aren't black enough and attack them (verbally... Sometimes physically) for not knowing who Shaft is, never watched The Wood or some other "qualifier"

As far as the ticket thing .. that could have been handled so much better from jump! How about free tickets at black owned businesses and anyone who doesn't go into those businesses has to pay for their Tickets ... That helps out black business and the show.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Jul 7, 2018
WOW, dude. If your racism wasn't evident before (it was to me, but you're still here), then this is even more evident!
I would take your comment into consideration, if you had extent the same accusation to your co-POC that hosted that show, but as I see you did not, you are just another hypocrite that only sees racism when it suits him, so I can safely dismiss your opinion.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
I would take your comment into consideration, if you had extent the same accusation to your co-POC that hosted that show, but as I see you did not, you are just another hypocrite that only sees racism when it suits him, so I can safely dismiss your opinion.
You would dismiss my opinion regardless. Like you have in other threads.

And I offered a solution. I already said that could have been handled way better at the start.

Your racism is showing, person whose username sounds like the N-word.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Jul 7, 2018
You would dismiss my opinion regardless. Like you have in other threads.

And I offered a solution. I already said that could have been handled way better at the start.

Your racism is showing, person whose username sounds like the N-word.
1. I can safely dismiss any opinion that is incorrect and/or dishonest, thusly I am dismissing yours.

2. So, they get a pass on their racism because they match your skin colour, thanks for clarifying.

3. For someone who defends racism when your side does it, your throw that acussation at others with real ease.

Xenon

Yes, it is obvious that the Western countries are not fitting them well, they prefer to segregate with people of their own, so there is already a continent to do so.
No this is not a solution nor will it ever be. But I'm glad you edited the post. At the end of the day this just something that requires feedback from society to show that it is wrong. Problem is our history has made giving such feedback complicated, unnecessarily I will add, for fear people will take it as a slight against who they are rather than what they did. Which brings me to the perfect example of this....

Watching Phil fall all over himself for have what would be considered a cut and dry opinion is a perfect example of how biased the media is when it comes to these issues. Here its an easy call but you have to assume that anything that requires more subtle observation would be completely ignored simply because Phil feels his skin color makes him unworthy of having an option. They(left) have trained him well.

Dec 15, 2011
As far as the ticket thing .. that could have been handled so much better from jump! How about free tickets at black owned businesses and anyone who doesn't go into those businesses has to pay for their Tickets ... That helps out black business and the show.
No. That's still racist.
This is still using people's race to set discriminatory pricing to consumers.
This is no less racist than those who point fingers at others and act wounded by racist attitudes.
This perpetuates racism and racist attitudes.

Always do the test:
Swap the races / genders in the statement.
If you feel any different at all about the tone of the statement then you have your answer.

It is never any more complex than that.
Any arguments that seek to add "Yes, but what you have to also consider is.." is just noise.
Obfuscation attempting to muddy some very clear waters in order to justify racist thinking.

Those who refuse to treat all races as equal are the ones perpetuating racism.
Those that enable, endorse and justify it are equally at fault.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
No. That's still racist.
You're still using race to set pricing.
You are no less racist than those you point fingers at and clutch pearls at.
You are perpetuating racism and racist attitudes.

ALWAYS do the test:
Swap the races / genders.
If you feel different then you have your answer.
How am I using race to set pricing? White people can frequent black owned businesses, too. As can anyone!

I don't know if you know this, but many black owned businesses (small ones) need all the help they can get. This is free promotion (my idea) for them to get business (from anyone) and the show STILL gets People buying tickets (because the majority of people don't read about where to get free things). The ticket buyers always outnumber the ones getting free tickets. Even with promotions like that.

Plus, this is an AfroFuture Fest. Wouldn't it make sense to focus on small black businesses than ALL businesses?

It would make just as much sense if this was a Country music fest and they focused on small mom and pop Jean stores or something.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
How am I using race to set pricing?
Let me quote you back to you:

And your next sentence continues this race-based mentality:

White people can frequent black owned businesses, too. As can anyone!
Your critieria for pricing structure is set on race.
If you don't follow race-based criteria, you pay a different price.

As I said: Always do the test. Take your statements. Swap the races.

Congratulations. You are perpetuating racism and racist thinking.
You just think you're better than that.
As it turns out, you're not.

There are some that are so lost down the road of race-justified action that they simply cannot understand how to treat people equally.
Like Antifa, the pendulum swings so far to an extreme that they become the very thing they claim to be against.

Wouldn't it make sense to focus on small black businesses than ALL businesses?
You should think long and hard about that statement.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Let me quote you back to you:

And your next sentence continues this race-based mentality:

Your critieria for pricing structure is set on race.
If you don't follow race-based criteria, you pay a different price.

As I said: Always do the test.

Congratulations. You are perpetuating racism and racist thinking.
You just think you're better than that.
As it turns out, you're not.

There are some that are so lost down the road of race-justified action that they simply cannot understand how to treat people equally.
Like Antifa, the pendulum swings so far to an extreme that they become the very thing they claim to be against.
You are reaching and reading too much into what I said.

Nothing I say will ever convince you what you've already made up your mind on.

I'm racist and Enygger-tzu isn't? Ok. Keep on keeping on, bro.

• LOL
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Besides the conversational turn this thread took, the organizers had to change policy when someone with any sense of the law, and this countries history looked at it and decided that instead of paying out in a massive, and already lost lawsuit, they would instead try and make money instead, in a fair and legal way.

There is no way this was legal, so the appropriate action was taken.

Dec 15, 2011
So you would be ok with that? Even though it would have the same net effect?
My issue is with the racial discrimination used to set pricing.
It really shouldn't be so hard to understand.

And I would be wary of the motives in trying to dismantle this excruciatingly simple concept using the line of questioning you're attempting to bring to the fore.

As I said before: It's very very simple. Do the test.

Adding technicalities, noise, obfuscation - these are all smokescreens to justify something someone knows is morally and ethically bankrupt so they can still discriminate without being called out for it.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
This doesn’t seem like something black people would do. Self hating whites or whites who want so badly to feel like they aren’t lames I could absolutely see doing this. Either way, I look forward to not attending 👍
I think you underestimate upper middle class liberals.

Reactions: highrider

Clear

Feb 2, 2009
Just report the post guys. We really don't need this sort of asinine shit. Its just ammo for Resetera-types to claim that everyone who posts here is an alt-right goon.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: matt404au

IKSTUGA

Jan 9, 2019
POC is a retarded umbrella term that should never be used. Skin color shouldn't even be a topic in 2019. This sort of black/white thinking makes people sound like fucking children. There are just way more important and unifying human characteristics than skin color. Age, wealth, health, class? How about one of those for change?

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Well, have fun when he’s back in a month.
I cannot understand that decision. I also want to point out that the word "apemad" does not exist in the English speaking internet, just try googling that word. It is solely made up to call black people apes. How are black members of this forum supposed to feel if someone who talks like this about them is allowed back in? It is not a matter of insenstivity, it is a deliberate racist insult leveled at black people. People can get permed for console warring, but this kind of posting is just a time-out?

IKSTUGA

Jan 9, 2019
I think permaban is a fine solution to racist serial offenders.

Last edited:

guggnichso

Banned
May 16, 2005
germany
I think permaban is a fine solution to racist serial offenders.
Well, the dude got a perm at first, but it was retroactively changed to a temp. I mean, someone ACTUALLY looked at this and thought „well, that dude is so valuable to our community that we can’t lose his valuable opinion about telling black people to go back to africa for ever“.

Peak community building right there.

And yes, I already requested my account closure this morning, so no need to report me 😘

Last edited:

pennythots

Gold Member
May 14, 2019
Well, the dude got a perm at first, but it was retroactively changed to a temp. I mean, someone ACTUALLY looked at this and thought „well, that dude is so valuable to our community that we can’t lose his valuable opinion about telling black people to go back to africa for ever“.

And yes, I already requested my account closure this morning, so no need to report me 😘
That's a bit dramatic

guggnichso

Banned
May 16, 2005
germany
That's a bit dramatic
It was a consequence of a long build up. This here together with the skull shape NAZI pseudoscience (and I mean ACTUAL NAZI pseudoscience, not resetera level „literal Nazi“ bullshit) is just more than enough for me. Especially the latter is very likely to be a legal problem in Germany, and as I requested my account closure on resetera a while back when the continuous threads of violence against politicians became a problem I couldn’t ignore any more, I don’t want to be associated with yet another forum where such posts are kept up and deemed ok.

I have a job and a wife and a child soon, I refuse to be on a social media platform that does not adequately moderate extremism, especially extremism to a point where the posts are deemed illegal in my home country.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeafTourette

guggnichso

Banned
May 16, 2005
germany
I'll never understand how people like him think that just because there are conservative voices here that they'll somehow not face the consequences of being racist.
Probably because he obviously does not have to face much of a consequence for being racist. He can chill for about 5 or 6 weeks and then come back and voice his shit a little bit less direct according to the moderation on this site.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
It was a consequence of a long build up. This here together with the skull shape NAZI pseudoscience (and I mean ACTUAL NAZI pseudoscience, not resetera level „literal Nazi“ bullshit) is just more than enough for me. Especially the latter is very likely to be a legal problem in Germany, and as I requested my account closure on resetera a while back when the continuous threads of violence against politicians became a problem I couldn’t ignore any more, I don’t want to be associated with yet another forum where such posts are kept up and deemed ok.

I have a job and a wife and a child soon, I refuse to be on a social media platform that does not adequately moderate extremism, especially extremism to a point where the posts are deemed illegal in my home country.
You be good, man. Take it easy. And I know how you feel.

Jan 18, 2018
Berlin

Schade. Las deine Posts immer gern.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

Danke, schön zu hören, aber ich glaub nicht dass mich irgendwer hier wirklich vermissen wird.
Get a hold of yourself. You're fine. Not everyone agrees with everyone here.

Last edited:

guggnichso

Banned
May 16, 2005
germany

Get a hold of yourself. You're fine. Not everyone agrees with everyone here.
Naa, it’s just unintentional shivers.

Telling a dude that wants black people to go back to africa that he is a despicable fucking racist is surely just a matter of differing opinions, nothing more.

And being unhappy with moderation deeming this racist important enough for this community to change his ban from permanent to a month is completely normal and fine. ROFL.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
POC is a retarded umbrella term that should never be used. Skin color shouldn't even be a topic in 2019. This sort of black/white thinking makes people sound like fucking children. There are just way more important and unifying human characteristics than skin color. Age, wealth, health, class? How about one of those for change?
The most fair policies are ones that apply to everyone equally.

No progressive tax rates, no senior discounts (which is price discrimination but nobody seems to give a shit a retired guy whose loaded can but cheaper bus tickets than a broke guy making min wage), no racially awarded scholarships or diversity ratio hiring practices or anything else. Just simple to understand blanket policies everyone adheres to equally.

That would get rid of all the hyprocracy where one side of the mouth says equality, but than the other says lets give some secret perks to others.

But good luck finding a place like that.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004

1) You're lying, he wasn't permed at first and then retroactively changed to a temp. The system logs only show the one ban action.

2) Our mods try to remain disciplined and restrained with their bans, giving most people an opportunity to reform. A temp ban is not an endorsement of someone's behavior, and your logic matrix must be broken to think so. That said, I'm increasing this ban to a perm as it's pretty awful stuff.

3) Bye.