• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After almost 3 months since the release of the RTX 4090, what is the consensus on DLSS 3.0 ?

Kuranghi

Can you use the FG without the upscaling? So native res but with FG. I'm very sensitive to interpolation artifacts but this isn't really the same as 2D MEMC on a video via offline tools or in a display, its much better. I can still see the issues but there are some games where they are almost invisible from what I've seen, maybe natively I could see issues still but I don't have a 40-series.

hlm666

Is there a list of all DLSS 3 games?

Witcher is a stuttering mess even with DLSS 3
These 2 links cover most of what you should be expecting to see with dlss 3 in the near term.

Gaiff

Can you use the FG without the upscaling? So native res but with FG. I'm very sensitive to interpolation artifacts but this isn't really the same as 2D MEMC on a video via offline tools or in a display, its much better. I can still see the issues but there are some games where they are almost invisible from what I've seen, maybe natively I could see issues still but I don't have a 40-series.
Yes.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Regarding latency, according to tom's hardware iirc the added latency in Cyberpunk with FG was around 15-20 ms. So, with Nvidia Reflex f.ex. the total latency with FG was still less than native on some other cards. Which means It could be seen as a pretty damn good option for most games - Unless you try to use it to boost very low framerates of course (=high latency and worse iq)..

Last edited:

Poppyseed

100% this. I’ve been playing (the massively overrated) Plague Tale Requiem on my 4090 at 150-160fps maxed out at 4K and it’s glorious.
I just beat the game last night and overall loved it, despite not being captured after 4-5 hours. The world was beautiful, and got more interesting actually the further you get into it. Some of the gameplay was frustrating, requiring trial and error or just multiple attempts, and the lip syncing was atrocious (see Ragnarok for how to do it properly), but the voice acting was fantastic and the music was something truly special.

Overall, definitely worth playing, and emotionally hard to do so!

Oh, and as a side-note more on topic, DLSS3 with frame generation on the 4090 + Requiem was truly fantastic.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I am very happy with dlss 2.0. I can't tell any difference in graphics quality. They seem to have kept the same status and doubled the fps in the 3rd version.

My only complaint about version 3 is that nvidia fucked the 3000 series users.

GymWolf

I was dubious but in not super frantic single player games like atomic heart and hogwarts it's pretty good.

Competitive multyplayer, super fast paced games and racing games are probably where the tech give its worse.

GymWolf

My question for dlss3 is do you still have quality , balanced, performance to pick from ?

Currently I always pick dlss quality for games I do in 4k, or I drop it down to 1440P to maintain 60fps while using ray tracing. Balanced and performance are utter dog shit and turn games with motion blur off into nothing but blur and smear past 2 feet in front of the character.

So, does this give you all the fps it touts at quality level of current or does it turn it all into a smear ?
They are separate settings so you can still chose qhat type of dlss you want.

Very few games support FG but one that does is Hogwarts Legacy and that game is optimized like shit so people who have FG really benefit from it

NVIDIA DLSS DLL 3.1.11 is out, people are saying is the best so far.

This is a DLL for regular DLSS, not DLSS FG

Anyone can use it, including RTX 20 and 30 series owners

Nvidia does not currently make publicly available DLL's for FG, only a few games support it anyways

Last edited:

Rea

I Use FG whenever i can, i don't feel significant input lag and it looks very smooth, don't listen to others tech reviewers or youtubers, it's not perfect but definitely not noticeable when you're playing and immersed in the game.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Thought it was awesome in Plaguetale! only game Ive used it on...I think? oh tell a lie..Hogwarts too. Yeah it's cool

Top Bottom