• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After finishing Life is Strange: Before the Storm, I have no doubts about my final decision in Life is Strange(Spoiler inside)

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
At the end of Life is Strange, I chose bae over Bay(chose Chloe). I felt decent about my decision at the time, but wasn't 100% sold on it. Boy oh boy after finishing Before the Storm, there is no doubt I feel like I made the right decision. Chloe was dealt a terrible hand. I think she's the most interesting character in the story and her pain and suffering is more palpable than anyone's. She lost her father, she lost Rachel Amber, she lost Max. All she dealt with is loss. It would have been wrong to sacrifice her to save Arcadia Bay even if it was sacrificing the few for the good of the many, she deserved to live and find happiness even in the midst of destruction. Just my take.

And man, it's kinda messed up when you find out Rachel kinda played Chloe. She acts all in love with her, asks her to run away, and then when you reference it back to LiS, she slept around and really broke Chloe's heart.

Does anyone know if Chloe is supposed to be a character in Life is Strange 2 and if it will link back to the decisions you made in the previous entries?

Last edited:

NovumAngel

Banned
At the time I chose Bay over bae, thinking that saving the whole town was better than saving the one person. The ending scene afterwards made me kinda regret that though.

I agree with you about Before the Storm, there's so much insight in Chloe's character making her go from just this edgy teenager that a lot of people didn't seem to like in the original, to showing us why she was like, why she acts and says those things, it was a great prequel.

Answering that last part, no Chloe won't be in the second season, they're using a whole new cast of characters.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
At the time I chose Bay over bae, thinking that saving the whole town was better than saving the one person. The ending scene afterwards made me kinda regret that though.

I agree with you about Before the Storm, there's so much insight in Chloe's character making her go from just this edgy teenager that a lot of people didn't seem to like in the original, to showing us why she was like, why she acts and says those things, it was a great prequel.

Answering that last part, no Chloe won't be in the second season, they're using a whole new cast of characters.

Bummer. I mean I get it, not sure how they could create a story like that all over again without it feeling redundant, but still would have liked a little more closure or aftermath. Maybe they will release an "After the storm" lol.

And you're right, not only did Before the Storm give us greater insight, but to me if you really look back, the theme of the story was overcoming loss. And how the bond of great friendship can be the one thing that gets you through loss. So looking back, I actually think after having played both, not only did sacrificing Arcadia Bay become easier to stomach, but in hindsight it actually made more sense in relation to the plot, which I wasn't so sure of after the orginal, but theme-wise I think it fit the theme of the story better. It was always about Max and Chloe overcoming the odds despite loss, and this time the grandest loss of all.

I dunno if it is just me, as there isn't too many people talking about it, but I really didn't love Before the Storm. I adored the original LiS, and BtS was good, it just felt bland and plodding. The characters didn't seem as well written and I felt less attachment to them this time around. I just Finished farewell which I thought was a great wee bite sized episode, maybe better than some of the full episodes in BtS.

Is the next series being done by DontNod?

Last edited:

Dunki

I have not played Before the Storm but I really did hate Chole in Life is Strange. She was the worst person in this whole game and it all came around her that people in this town did suffer. I somehow doubt that before the storm would change my decision in the end. There were so many scenes that really pissed my off with her. Also the fact that the developers always tried to hammer in how sad I should be about Chole's life dd not help at all when she for example wanted to steal all the charity money collected for the disabled kids. And I even caught myself laughing and thinking yeah that is what you deserve after the end of I think it was Ep 3? And I felt terrible after thinking this.

Chole is still my most hated charcter in video game history so far. Boy did she piss me off^^

But glad you enjoyed the prequel and its great to have different opinions^^

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I dunno if it is just me, as there isn't too many people talking about it, but I really didn't love Before the Storm. I adored the original LiS, and BtS was good, it just felt bland and plodding. The characters didn't seem as well written and I felt less attachment to them this time around. I just Finished farewell which I thought was a great wee bite sized episode, maybe better than some of the full episodes in BtS.

I agree, it wasn't as good as LiS. Not close, really. But it still gave enough in context to LiS to make me care about the characters and the story.

I have not played Before the Storm but I really did hate Chole in Life is Strange. She was the worst person in this whole game and it all came around her that people in this town did suffer. I somehow doubt that before the storm would change my decision in the end. There were so many scenes that really pissed my off with her. Also the fact that the developers always tried to hammer in how sad I should be about Chole's life dd not help at all when she for example wanted to steal all the charity money collected for the disabled kids. And I even caught myself laughing and thinking yeah that is what you deserve after the end of I think it was Ep 3? And I felt terrible after thinking this.

Chole is still my most hated charcter in video game history so far. Boy did she piss me off^^

But glad you enjoyed the prequel and its great to have different opinions^^

I really think it would change your opinion on her. I mean, there's a major reason for the way she is. You find that out in LiS, she's basically acting out and being a rebel because her 3 best friends and favorite people in the entire world were taken away from her. That would change anyone and make them cynical and rebellious.

NovumAngel

Banned

Yeah it's going back to DontNod, we should have some more news about it soon enough
https://gematsu.com/2018/03/next-life-strange-new-story-characters-detailed-coming-months

Dunki

I agree, it wasn't as good as LiS. Not close, really. But it still gave enough in context to LiS to make me care about the characters and the story.

I really think it would change your opinion on her. I mean, there's a major reason for the way she is. You find that out in LiS, she's basically acting out and being a rebel because her 3 best friends and favorite people in the entire world were taken away from her. That would change anyone and make them cynical and rebellious.
I really do not know. A lot of people have to suffer these kinds of losses and do not become such an asshole. I had more symphaties with his Step Father who obviously had PTSD and went crazy because all he wanted to do his to protect his new family and Chole always was such a dick to him.

plushyp

I sympathise with her but regardless of what happened to Chloe, for me there was only one choice. I didn't have to think twice about which option to select. As Spock famously said "the needs of many outweigh the needs of one". No regrets about saving the whole town over a single person.

Top Bottom