• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

AG Barr calls Russian Collusion Hoax Investigation "very troubling;" says Media Complicit, Familiar Names on Durham's List

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

Barr declined to say whether he has seen evidence of criminal wrongdoing, but he said he is “very troubled by what has been called to my attention so far.”
“The Durham team has been working very aggressively to move forward, and as I’ve also said, this isn’t being driven by producing the report. We are trying to get to a point where we can hold accountable anyone who crossed the line and committed a criminal violation.” (RELATED: John Durham Forges Ahead With Probe Of Trump-Russia Probe Origins)
Barr said he is concerned that the FBI continued its investigation of the Trump campaign — which started in July 2016 — even after discovering that “there wasn’t really much there” regarding coordination between the Trump campaign and Kremlin.
“It’s very hard to understand why they continued to push and even make public in testimony that they had an investigation going when it was becoming painfully obvious, or should have been obvious to anyone, that there was nothing there,” Barr said.

Barr reiterated his previous comments that he does not expect that former President Barack Obama or former Vice President Joe Biden will be implicated in the investigation, but he said that “some” of those targeted in the probe are names that are familiar to the American public.
“For the first time in American history, police organizations or national security organizations were used for spying on a campaign,” he said.

He took a swipe at the media, saying that news outlets “largely drove … all kinds of sensational claims.

So I'm beginning to think we are going to see people burn for this, and according to Barr, those people will be names we are familiar with, not some anonymous low level hack scapegoat. Place your bets folks, it's about to get interesting. Also glad to see him castigate the media, which really was shameful in its gleeful reporting of outright lies and has never to this date made any sort of public apology for its disgusting, misleading behavior .

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
The wheels of justice are slow, as they should be.

It is the heart of the people who are at stake. The people who might or might not get locked up are already lost souls. Will people in the USA and even around the world snap out of their stupor when the truth comes out? What will it take to finally get the cultists out of the cult? Some people still believe Russiagate and pee tapes and all that.

mickaus

Gold Member
May 30, 2019
I am still surprised that the investigations are continuing four years later. I thought that after the mueller investigation ended with nothing, the issue was at rest. AG Barr has really been an effective part of the Trump administration, I hope Trump wins a second term and the investigations are allowed to run their full course.

Feb 7, 2012
The wheels of justice are slow, as they should be.

It is the heart of the people who are at stake. The people who might or might not get locked up are already lost souls. Will people in the USA and even around the world snap out of their stupor when the truth comes out? What will it take to finally get the cultists out of the cult? Some people still believe Russiagate and pee tapes and all that.

I mean you know, no matter what happens...none of this is going to be in the media spotlight, there could be evidence of Biden and Obama gangraping a village of russian children to get information on the campaign and it would be passed over. The only thing that matters now is BLMorElse and the current crisis and thats the way it will be until a month from now when there is a new crisis to deal with. I havnt seen anything about implicating people show up on the headline in any major media source....certainly not in the way of the impeachment trial was.