• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agatsuma Entertainment (Code of Princess, Yumi’s Odd Odyssey) Is Defunct

Ouch. They went out on a good note (Umihara Kawase trilogy now on Steam), but I have to wonder if that project was a Hail Mary they needed to do really well just to survive. Hopefully their staff will find jobs at other companies or ease out of the industry on favorable terms.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ouch. They went out on a good note (Umihara Kawase trilogy now on Steam), but I have to wonder if that project was a Hail Mary they needed to do really well just to survive. Hopefully their staff will find jobs at other companies or ease out of the industry on favorable terms.

I am wondering what this means for the supposed Steam port of Code of Princess.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Agatsuma published those games but it didn't make them; they were developed by Studio Saizensen, a company formed by one of the creators of Umihara Kawase (and the company that owns the IP).

Sad news, especially considering they had a Code of Princess port in the works.

Played Code of Princess for a few hours (5).

I can't say that game was worth a full retail price. It felt very repetitive and literally did nothing throughout itself. Shoulda been an eShop game at like, 10 bucks. It had a hell of a nice special collectors figure in Japan though.

Sucks that they're defunct. Didn't like the gameplay of Code of Princess, but the music and art were really pretty. =l They could have made great games in the future.

Ogawa-san

They co-developed Code of Princess, so maybe there's still hope?

It's a fun little game that'd greatly benefit from being... well, anywhere else. It runs so badly on 3DS...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Weiss

Banned
I remember being so hyped for Code of Princess. I loved playing Guardian Heroes on XBLA and more of that on my shiny new handheld sounded like it was too good to be true.

Then it came out and it sucked.

-Horizon-

wow that sucks :(

I've bought code of princess and only played a bit of it before too much stuff happened in life and I just never found the time to get back in.

Voliko

:(

I was looking forward to seeing more from them. Code of Princess was OK but Sayonara Umihara Kawase was pretty great. Even got it day 1 on 3DS. No one makes those kind of games anymore...

Agatsuma published those games but it didn't make them; they were developed by Studio Saizensen, a company formed by one of the creators of Umihara Kawase (and the company that owns the IP).

Sad news, especially considering they had a Code of Princess port in the works.
Well nevermind then.

UCBooties

Was disappointing to see this. Code of Princess did get repetitive but I loved just how much there was to unlock and mess around with.

Kanashimi

I found this out a few days ago when my company reached out to do an interview with them... and they told us they were being liquidated. Sad to hear, I liked a lot of things they did. The team is made up of talented people though, so I hope to see them do other things in the future.

Shizuka

They also removed some PSX import titles from the do download list when they were delisted.
I think some came back a few years later.

I wish someone had a list for that, for how many times people claim of games being removed altogether when there are so very little.

Mandelbo

Well, so long as the actual developers of Umihara Kawase are still around I'm fine, but it's still a shame to see the publishers go bust :/

Top Bottom