• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Empires Castle Siege announced

Neo Child

Banned
they could just port AoE 1/2/3 to ios/android instead?

never played 3 tho.

There was absolutely no reason to play that instead of AoE2, outside of prettier (though cartoony) graphics. I do not want to play 10 bucks per civilization (or more?)..I have like 15 here, already, with no need to level up my army doing incredibly boring missions.

okay so.

prettier graphics.

i didnt spend 1 dime on the entire game? i had a couple of civs, abilities to play vs comp or human or play co-op missions with humans!

also, these "boring" missions is basically the campaign of the game. so your getting rewards to build a town with by doing missions. which afaik you didnt get anything for in the old games?

also i dont have any money so i cant afford AoE2 HD where as I could play AoE online.

Daigoro

i stumbled across it on the store today and played for about 20 minutes. its cute. worth it for a free download. seems like a good time waster.

its like a Civ lite lite lite, crossed with a tower defense, crossed with a farming/town building game.

you put up resource buildings and tap away at them to get wood/food/gold. upgrade buildings and units, build up your little castle with defenses, and then you attack other peoples castles with your army and try to bring down their castle.

seems like something you can fire up and play for a few minutes every day. i think its going to try and send me some notification when i turn on the tablet tomorrow. it has xbox achievements you can grind for that dont seem too bad for this type of game.

not bad for a freebie.

Top Bottom