• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Rated in Brazil, Hinting a Release May be Coming Soon

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Strategy fans should begin preparing for battle, because it seems Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition may be arriving soon. AoE3: Definitive Edition has been in closed beta testing for a while now, so clearly its getting close to being ready, and now the game has been rated by Brazil’s Classificacao Indicativa rating board. Here’s screenshot proof…

WCCFageofempires32.jpg

HE1NZ

Banned
They've been betatesting it for a while now. More news for AoE 3 & 4 news at 23 July event?

Kadve

Would love to get into this franchise if they ever bring any of them over to Xbox.

I'm not sure the series would even work with a gamepad without a major UI redesign. Which i doubt would come from any "Definitive edition"

There was Ps2 port of the second game, and from what i've heard it was a nightmare to control.

Maybe the fourth game if you are lucky.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
I'm not sure the series would even work with a gamepad without a major UI redesign. Which i doubt would come from any "Definitive edition"

There was Ps2 port of the second game, and from what i've heard it was a nightmare to control.

It, along with Half Life, Unreal and so many others has full keyboard and mouse support

Estocolmo

I’m a Mac owner and wish I could play AoE on my Xbox, with a keyboard and mouse of course. Really really want to play AoE!

Tschumi

I... Really didn't enjoy age of empires 3.. expected so much from the teasers but in the end we got... Ottomans racing to the fountain of youth in the Amazon? No sir'y bob. Nope.

I'll pass on this remaster~

I never played AOE3 now that I think about it. I still play AOE2 to this date (HD and Definitive), this game is timeless. I might try it out and play few LAN games with my girlfriend.

ShaikhCroft

Yeah it's the worst of Age of games. For the from the best to worse serial:

1. Age of Empires 2
  2. Age of Mythology
  3. Age of Empires
  4. Age of Empires 3

Hudo

Finally some news! I was worried about that project, tbh. I liked the game back when I played it. It wasn't as good as Age of Mythology or Age of Empires II but it was still damn good RTS.
However, I still don't know what the new things are that the Definitive Edition is going to add to Age 3. Yeah, 4K and all that but is that it? Age 2: DE received redone graphics/spritework, new campaigns and other new features for online play.

Last edited:

SinDelta

Can't wait for 3 remaster, and 4. Found 3's focus on a single narrative interesting (and the QoL mechanics compared to 1 and 2.)

Though a Age of Mythology Remake would be amazing.
So would a Rise of Nations Remake. And a Rise of Legends too, so I can actually play it.

Top Bottom