• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of Mayhem (Saints Row devs) 15/18 August release, new trailer

benzopil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdnti-wNh10&feature=youtu.be

Agents of MAYHEM is an single-player, open-world, third-person action game for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC gaming systems. Fun, funny and full of high-action moments and laugh-out-loud scenarios, in Agents of MAYHEM, you run a no-holds barred operation against the shadowy super-villain organization, LEGION, fighting to take back the world after the horrors of Devil's Night.

Explore the futuristic city of Seoul with a team of three interchangeable agents, each with their own distinct look, sense of humour, weapons, and skillset, with only one aim: to destroy LEGION, its operatives and their vile plans to take over the world.

Agents of Mayhem will be releasing on 15th August in USA and 18th August in Europe . When they weren't busy taking down Dr Babylon and generally causing havoc around Seoul, they took a time out to show you a little more about themselves and what they can do.

danmaku

The game is set in Seoul? Is it real life Seoul or just a fictional city? It would be a nice change of pace from the usual American city.

Not Drake

So it's a single player game? I got no idea why, buy I thought it's some 4-player co-op project. I'm interested to see how it turns out then. I liked the last few crazy Saints Row games (Gat out of Hell included) so I'll take a new IP with some new ideas.

Is this supposed to be set in the same universe as saints?

for a new IP it looks very very similar.

Probably. Ultor is mentioned, so it also takes place in the Red Faction universe. Of course after the ending of SR4 things are a little weird.

I'm looking forward to this game.

Skyzard

Banned
Looks like it could be fun.

I like the cartoon outline. Noticed a crotch scratch by a girl lol. One guy sounds exactly like the TF2 Heavy.

Evil Dr Babylon.
Bah.

black070

Is this supposed to be set in the same universe as saints?

for a new IP it looks very very similar.

It is:

Agents of Mayhem is a spiritual successor to the Saints Row series, taking place after the "recreate Earth" ending of Saints Row: Gat out of Hell. The game's plot revolves around an organization known as M.A.Y.H.E.M., founded by Persephone Brimstone (a character first seen in Gat out of Hell) and funded by the Ultor Corporation (one of the main antagonists of Saints Row 2 and the Red Faction series, later merging with the Saints in Saints Row: The Third). Bearing the Saints' purple fleur-de-lis logo, M.A.Y.H.E.M's goal is to stop terrorist organization L.E.G.I.O.N. from destroying the world's nations

glaurung

Looks mighty generic. The humor feels crude - and that crudeness overstayed its welcome already by the third Saints Row game.

Also, thumbs down for using the A-Team theme music for this crap.

MaxiLive

I really enjoyed the gameplay in Saint's Row but this almost looks like a re-skin and I'm kind of burnt out of Saint's Row gameplay.

It doesn't look like it is doing anything special but it will be interesting to see how it plays out once they show more of the game.

I'm guessing this is Violations stop-gap game while they work on their new engine for Saint's Row new-gen. It is however giving me some form of Crackdown vibes which is good it just looks dated (not just graphically but movement wise etc) and very samey.

Zaru

TIL Saints Row and Red Faction were made by the same devs and share a universe.

Now kiss. Imagine modern Saints Row (supercriminal/hero) with RF destruction. Though I guess that's kinda what Crackdown is doing now.

They played the A-Team theme, and I recognised it. Who would have thought a video game would reference another medium of entertainment? These developers certainly have their finger on the pulse of the industry.

NeoRaider

It looks cool and super fun to me. But we will see.
I never liked Saints Row, and i hope that i will have fun with this.

Polk

They played the A-Team theme, and I recognised it. Who would have thought a video game would reference another medium of entertainment? These developers certainly have their finger on the pulse of the industry.
There's also Knight Rider theme music.

KORNdoggy

not since the order 1886 have i been so confused as to why a game is single player only? it looks primed for co-op. multiple unique characters, open world, their previous games had co-op... i'm in though, but seriously, this is screaming out for co-op.

a harpy

Any word on if this is going to be multiplayer?

It looks like a game that would be a lot of fun to cause some havoc in with a friend.

ZzzZombi

Neo Member
Exactly what I expect from Volition after Saints Row. Over the top and goofy fun in an open-world with a cartoony art style to boot.

That looked pretty bad. It didn't show impressive graphics, action or destruction, and the characters looked very bland. Hope they have some tricks up their sleeve.

Kthulhu

Legal action pending dlc is pretty good.

not since the order 1886 have i been so confused as to why a game is single player only? it looks primed for co-op. multiple unique characters, open world, their previous games had co-op... i'm in though, but seriously, this is screaming out for co-op.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Bluth54

I enjoyed Saints Row The Third and Saints Row IV, and I especially enjoy the super powers in IV so I'll be keeping my eye on this game. Doesn't look too bad though you don't see much in this trailer.

hidys

Saints Row IV was okay and Saints Row the Third is one of my favorite games of last gen so I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Danneee

Damn this game begs for some Red Faction:G environmental destructability so bad.

It could elevate it to a generic open world Crackdown copy to something really awesome.

Nikodemos

Looks somewhat... Hm. I guess a critic could say it looks like a mixture between Overwatch and Borderlands (with a hint of TF2 in there).

Y'know, ironically, the cartoon artstyle that was considered 'fresh' back not even 3 years ago looks samey and generic now.

NeoRaider

I am very happy that this is SP only game.

The game is set in Seoul? Is it real life Seoul or just a fictional city? It would be a nice change of pace from the usual American city.

it's a fictional, futuristic version of Seoul. Nothing yet on whether it's a completely unique map or if they took some inspiration from the real city.

jobrro

If this is like Saints Row 3/4 I will be there day one. Loved SR4 at release, yeah there was that Hell version that was OK but have been waiting for a true sequel, although I guess this is more like a spin-off. Hopefully the tone remains the same.

dreamfall

The game needs some media previews or coverage or something - I like the personality of the Agents but any information on how the game is structured would be appreciated.

Is it open world? I'm getting serious hero/class based TPS vibes but it's single player only?

The game needs some media previews or coverage or something - I like the personality of the Agents but any information on how the game is structured would be appreciated.

Is it open world? I'm getting serious hero/class based TPS vibes but it's single player only?

Open world like Saints Row 2 (missions won't take place in self-contained levels like SR3/4)

Volition will be showcasing more on their Twitch stream this Thursday.

Kimbo Slice skin 🤔
I don't feel like I'm getting a real sense of how this game plays from the trailer. Small levels? Big levels? are they switching characters at will or was that some flashy shit for the trailer?

Top Bottom