• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

iosefe

Random aside...

Looks like The Orville is a decent show. Not as bad as the promos made it look anyway. I guess Adrianne Palicki is gone for good, but at least she found something decent!

my mom is an old trekkie and likes the show. maybe i'll watch it one of these days

ayy, more Agent Piper

Supergirl will miss Agent Vasquez
It was still cool of Supergirl to still bring her in at least one episode despite having moved to Vancouver. Jessie Graff got an episode too despite also being LA-based.

Things like that are certainly less likely to happen if she becomes a regular at SHIELD, but I can't think of how they'd get quite that much mileage from the character.

I want Agent Ward back.

We just had that, and it worked as an interesting offshoot to the real Ward storyline.

I honestly dont want him back for real, as if he comes back it means storytelling in the show has no permanence. I'd like Aida back too, but for the same reason as Ward I'd rather all forms of her stay dead.

Writing new interesting characters and looking to the future is what all shows should strive for. Acknowledging the past, but not relying on it is best for both the writers and fans, as we'll get new amazing things to miss when they are gone.

We just had that, and it worked as an interesting offshoot to the real Ward storyline.

I honestly dont want him back for real, as if he comes back it means storytelling in the show has no permanence. I'd like Aida back too, but for the same reason as Ward I'd rather all forms of her stay dead.

Writing new interesting characters and looking to the future is what all shows should strive for. Acknowledging the past, but not relying on it is best for both the writers and fans, as we'll get new amazing things to miss when they are gone.

This is a well reasoned response. Unfortunately the reality is... "but comics though!"

AiFw6xF.png

Fuckin hate all this licensing bullshit. Narratively there's no reason to take SHIELD to space and not have SWORD involved or at least build to its creation from there.

Not like FOX is ever gonna use SWORD.

caliph95

Fuckin hate all this licensing bullshit. Narratively there's no reason to take SHIELD to space and not have SWORD involved or at least build to its creation from there.

Not like FOX is ever gonna use SWORD.
Well I guess time for the absolutely completely original SPEAR with a purple hair half alien boss

Pachimari

Is the panel going on now or later today? And will we get a trailer?
Don’t expect a trailer.

Also the premiere will be 2 hours. Will be horror/sci-if. And will be bloodier than most previous episodes.

Pilot has a headscrarching Season 3 call back. Great effects.

Clark Gregg directs Episode 6 which willl have a kickass fight scene and lots of humor.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
How many episodes will season 5 have? Was it cut short? I'm really hoping that since they're in space they can end the show right with a tie in to Infinity War somehow, but that would mean it needs to run till at least May 11th

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I called that date as the most likely. It didn't make sense for them to start the week after Inhumans ended because the week after that would be Thanksgiving and they wouldn't air a new episode on that Friday. Them starting on December 1st with a double episode is just like them starting right after Inhumans ends and then skipping Thanksgiving with the second episodes being on December 1st but without the annoying break.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
They got a full season order.
Ok, then it lines up just fine. They technically could run episodes for 3 weeks in December (which would be 4 episodes including the 2 hour premiere), take 4 weeks off for the holiday break, come back on Jan 12th then run every Friday until May 11th which would end at 22 episodes. Though I know they'll probably take a few weeks off here and there due to whatever ABC is doing at the time. So that'll push them a few weeks out past May 11th when they end it.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
God I hope they do a whole third of a season in space (budget allowing).

Like I said before earlier when the season ended, space should be cheaper for them. Indoor shoots of plain rooms and corridors, with windows showing space should be cheaper than episodes with outdoor shooting :)

HeySeuss

May hate in 2017 brehs

I've always hated Mays character and have been vocal about it every season. She drags down almost every scene she's in and there's no character growth or development. I have no doubt she's a good actor but I can't stand her in this show.

Pachimari

I've always hated Mays character and have been vocal about it every season. She drags down almost every scene she's in and there's no character growth or development. I have no doubt she's a good actor but I can't stand her in this show.
Have been vocal about this too. They need to either expand her emotional range or give her more interesting stuff to play off, or just finally cut out the character entirely.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Season 5 synopsis.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” returns for its fifth exciting season. Agent Coulson and the team escaped LMD Aida’s Framework and awakened in the real world. Little did they know that Aida was now fully human – and with multiple Inhuman abilities – with the dangerous notion that, with Fitz by her side, she could change the world. After defeating her with the aid of Ghost Rider, the team went out for a celebration but were interrupted by a mysterious man who rendered them frozen. The next thing we see is Coulson onboard a ship … in space.

Coulson will discover that some, but not all, of his S.H.I.E.L.D. colleagues were taken with him and placed onboard the ship. As they come in contact with some of the vessel’s inhabitants, it becomes abundantly clear that something has gone terribly awry, and the team will need to figure out their role and delve deeper into this nightmarish mystery to try to right what has gone incredibly wrong.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” was co-created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, who also serve as executive producers along with Jeffrey Bell, Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory.

Glass Rebel

Posted this in the MCU thread but...

There's apparently spoilers out for the Agents of SHIELD S5 premiere and this one stuck out:

There’s a new mysterious character whose mask resembles Star Lord’s mixed with Iron Man’s helmet.

Complete 100% speculation:

Could it be my boy Jack Flagg?

Posted this in the MCU thread but...

There's apparently spoilers out for the Agents of SHIELD S5 premiere and this one stuck out:

Complete 100% speculation:

Could it be my boy Jack Flagg?

Ironheart / Riri Williams.
Would be good to see SHIELD tackle a more modern character

Khaz

I'm definitely not reading that.

But I know by the time the season arrives, it will be old news and people will have posted it untagged :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm definitely not reading that.

But I know by the time the season arrives, it will be old news and people will have posted it untagged :(

Holy shit, Thanos is in season 5!?

Top Bottom