• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AHCA: what is considered "pre existing conditions", and why it's worse than that

IC5

Did I read that right, average cost of premiums for retired age people will be $18,000?

Insane. Many working Americans could not afford that. Let alone a retiree, depending on pension (if they have one) and Medicare ( if they even get approved) And then the government keeps trying to cut it, even though its our money which we pay with each paycheck.

Zoe

Pregnancy? What the fuck?
Say you're uninsured and your doctor tells you you're pregnant. Insurance companies will want to deny you or charge you more because getting insurance coverage isn't meant to be reactive.

If you had insurance the entire time, there wouldn't be an issue.

Uh oh... Severe obesity is on the list, Trump voters in the south am cry.

But honestly, go to hell republican asshats. Why do they go out of their way to make our lives worse? Why?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Uh oh... Severe obesity is on the list, Trump voters in the south am cry.

But honestly, go to hell republican asshats. Why do they go out of their way to make our lives worse? Why?

We all know why. The question is why in fuck does anyone in this country support it.

malfcn

If the Republicans trust the market so much, let them buy their own health care in the wild. They won't enjoy being denied coverage, or paying obscene costs - even if they are rich.

n0razi

Serious question. At what point does the general population decide to remove this govenment by any means neccesary? When is enough enough? The government has clearly failed the people. This should not be allowed.

When the vast majority of people agree that the government has failed the people... unfortunately many people still think this is better and would gladly vote for Trump again

We all know why. The question is why in fuck does anyone in this country support it.
Boils down to this quote from LBJ:
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

I'm confident the massive resistance to first world levels of social assistance can be traced back to the fact that many people don't want to see PoC potentially benefit from those programs. They'll support politicians who make it seem like the "others" will benefit, which takes away from the "rightful" people who otherwise would.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
If this does end up ramming it's way through Senate and back through the house to become law I fully expect there to be discrimination cases that make their way to the supreme court.

This is such a poorly thought through bill. I don't even know if I can say it's been thought through. These fucking GOP morons wanted a 'win' so bad they would have passed an actual dog turd.

Chichikov

If this does end up ramming it's way through Senate and back through the house to become law I fully expect there to be discrimination cases that make their way to the supreme court.

This is such a poorly thought through bill. I don't even know if I can say it's been thought through. These fucking GOP morons wanted a 'win' so bad they would have passed an actual dog turd.
They wanted a tax cut for the rich and to cut benefits for the poor, and that's exactly what that bill does, on a pretty massive scale (I think it's the biggest cut to benefits in American history).
As horrible as this pre-existing conditions garbage they put there is, it's a sideshow and a distraction from what they're doing to medicaid and the fact that this is a massive wealth transfer from the poor to the rich (and honestly, I don't think states will go for that waiver anyway).

Top Bottom