• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AI recreate games as 80's movies

Hugare

Title is self explanatory

Youtube recommendations brought me these videos and I became addicted to them

Some results are meh, but others are pretty impressive and worth watching, imo

The MGS V one is particularly fascinating

Really impressive what AI's are able to achieve today

MGS V

Cyberpunk 2077

Witcher 3

Fallout 3

Fallout NV

Bloodborne

Skyrim

Last edited:

Hugare

There's no movies here. Just pics.
Errr

Pics from fictional movies created by the AI, obviously

The aesthetic of some of these are pretty on point. They look like authentic 80's B-movies, complete with the traditional matte-painting backgrounds.

Yeah, I was surprised with some of these

There are also videos recreating movies, series and etc. with 80's aesthetic, like the LOTR movies, and results are pretty dope

Won't post it here to derail the thread, but you can easily find it on Youtube

Amiga

Awesome! :messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts:

2023 starting with great content already.

Would love to know how they got the AI to do it (can we just call it Ai, lets not be too formal and act polite with Ai please).

Last edited:

Hugare

Not sure OP knows what a movie is?
( I think someone asked ChatGPT to create a thread about a thread about an ai making an ai created movie)
English is not my first language, so no need to be a jerk

I'm pretty sure that you can figure out what the thread is about despite its title. You may have to use your brain for a bit tho.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Title is self explanatory

Youtube recommendations brought me these videos and I became addicted to them

Some results are meh, but others are pretty impressive and worth watching, imo

The MGS V one is particularly fascinating

Really impressive what AI's are able to achieve today

MGS V

Fallout 3

Fallout NV

Bloodborne

Skyrim

Oh oh 😃.... Can this I. A. Make a Gravity Rush movie please!!!! 👏🏻

Last edited:

flying_sq

Sign me up, but they better have some sick synth beats on the soundtrack.

On a side note, I'm surprised Snake Plisken hasn't been in COD yet.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I randomly came across one of these in my recommendations the other day, I forgot what the property was, but it was rendered in dark Fantasy 80's style film. Cool shit.

hlm666

In a similar vein if you havn't checked out some of the videos of people using song lyrics to generate images they are fascinating aswell. If the song choice annoys check out the rest of his channel.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am already tired of this generic crap. It all looks the same.
I swear, yt recommends me 3 new of these every day.
The Dark Souls is still the best

Last edited:

Rhazkul

PYg2LQf.png

mpSXXH7.png

This is what the AI generated for me. Cool Stuff...i could spend ours with that thing.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
All I see in these "movies" are still shots that prove that AI is still limited by human developers; because a lot of of those, well the majority, look fucking terrible.

. . .these threads are fast becoming the "Oh My God! Person On Internet Creates Open World Superhero Game In Unreal! Amazing Graphics!" and its just some low-effort asset flip.

I just want to know how they get realistic people in the images instead of artistic looking characters. I want to do one for Uncharted!

Hugare

All I see in these "movies" are still shots that prove that AI is still limited by human developers; because a lot of of those, well the majority, look fucking terrible.

. . .these threads are fast becoming the "Oh My God! Person On Internet Creates Open World Superhero Game In Unreal! Amazing Graphics!" and its just some low-effort asset flip.
Imagine comparing an AI generating those images just from some words to some UE 5 project using asset flips

How many threads about this topic can you find on GAF?

Some big brain comparison

No shit that AI are limited by human developers. Were you expecting Skynet?

Still, for what it is, its seriously impressive, showing tech that wasnt possible 2-3 years ago

Gambit2483

MGSV actually takes place in the 80s....Kojima was always promoting advanced A.I. in his games....Kojima secretly wants to just make movies anyways...🤔

sounds like MGS is coming into full circle...

deeptech

impressive, checked only mgsv and bb ones, some scenes are way too sick, makes you think what is possible with utilizing AI like this, and we're only in the beginning

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Imagine comparing an AI generating those images just from some words to some UE 5 project using asset flips

How many threads about this topic can you find on GAF?

Some big brain comparison

No shit that AI are limited by human developers. Were you expecting Skynet?

Still, for what it is, its seriously impressive, showing tech that wasnt possible 2-3 years ago

First, relax; you created a thread not a child, and don't need to defend criticism as if you had. Two, this isn't the first thread about "AI Generated Whatever" and every thread I see I get the same whiff as from the "ZOMG UE5" threads - people wildly over-impressed by absolutely mediocre product. . .which is what I feel like all these "movies" are.

The Fartist

Gold Member
First, relax; you created a thread not a child, and don't need to defend criticism as if you had. Two, this isn't the first thread about "AI Generated Whatever" and every thread I see I get the same whiff as from the "ZOMG UE5" threads - people wildly over-impressed by absolutely mediocre product. . .which is what I feel like all these "movies" are.
Why do you feel you need to shit on people being impressed by something you deem unimpressive? Don't be that guy, I mean, do whatever you want but know it comes off as pretty douchey. This AI shit is in its infancy and has never, ever existed before, while, yeah, it's far, far from perfect, for now, it's still pretty damn crazy that you feed a computer some info or scripts (obviously I don't know how it's done) and it spits out something like this? Come on man, don't be so damn jaded.

Kilau

Gold Member
This is great, if RLM ever runs out of bad 80s movies we can just have AI create more for them.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Why do you feel you need to shit on people being impressed by something you deem unimpressive? Don't be that guy, I mean, do whatever you want but know it comes off as pretty douchey. This AI shit is in its infancy and has never, ever existed before, while, yeah, it's far, far from perfect, for now, it's still pretty damn crazy that you feed a computer some info or scripts (obviously I don't know how it's done) and it spits out something like this? Come on man, don't be so damn jaded.

I haven't "shit on" a single person. I've simply said nothing I've seen has been more than mediocre. I like Batman Forever as a Batman movie; I wouldn't take it personally if someone else told me they found Batman Forever complete dogshit.

. . .is the tech impressive? Sure. Just not what people are doing with it. Just like with all the "ZOMG UE5" threads and videos. Which is what I said. Which isn't an attack on a single person for feeling otherwise.

Hugare

QroD3Xg.png

Cyberpunk 2077

Last edited:
Top Bottom