• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akame ga Kill! |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blusby

k0QNW17.jpg

Synopsis: In a fantasy world, fighter Tatsumi sets out for the Capitol to earn money for his starving village, and finds a world of unimaginable corruption, all spreading from the depraved Prime Minister who controls the child Emperor's ear. After nearly becoming a victim of this corruption himself, Tatsumi is recruited by Night Raid, a group of assassins dedicated to eliminating the corruption plaguing the Capitol by mercilessly killing those responsible.

Studio: White Fox
Director: Koboyashi, Tomoki (Amagami SS+, Sola, Tears to Tiara, Utawarerumono)
Music: Iwasaki, Taku (Gurren Lagann, Ruroni kenshin: Trust & Betrayal, Gatchaman Crowds, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency)
Series Composition: Uezu, Makoto (Arpeggio, Humanity has Declined, Katanagatari, Utawarerumono, Carnival Phantasm)
Character Design/Animation Director: Nakamura, Kazuhisa (Jormungand, Katanagatari, Steins;Gate)
Original Creator/Scenario Director: Takahiro (Writes the Majikoi visual novels)

Site: http://akame.tv/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/akame_tv

Cast:

Akame, voiced by: Amamiya, Sora

Akame is one of the members of the Assassin's group, Night raid. She is the first member to attack Tatsumi, and comes very close to killing him. She initially appears very serious and cold-hearted, but she is actually caring and worries about the safety of her comrades. She has a younger sister named Kurome, who is a member of the Jaegers, and loyal to the Empire.

Tatsumi, voiced by Saito, Soma

Tatsumi is a swordsman from a small village. He set out to the capital with two of his companions in hope of raising money for the village. He got separated from his friends and reaches the capital. Tatsumi was not aware of the type of place the capital really was. After a series of events centered around his naivety of the true nature of the capital he found himself being saved be Night Raid(Assassination Group) and later join them to rid the capital of its corrupt inhabitants.

Mine, voiced by Tamura, Yukari

Mine is a self pro-claimed "Genius Sniper", as well as being a sharp-tongued and quick-witted member of the assassin's group, Night Raid. She is often quick to anger, and easily irritated with those she does not know well. Despite this cold exterior, she has shown to be warm and kind to those she has opened up to.

Leone, voiced by Asakawa, Yuu

Leone is one of the older members of the assassination group, Night Raid. She has a very relaxed and cheerful personality, tends to display a lack of ladylike manners, such as shoving Tatsumi into her breasts, putting her feet on the table, or consuming large amounts of Sake. She serves as a sort of big sister figure to Tatsumi and the younger members in Night Raid, often referring to herself as "onee-san". Despite the morally dodgy nature she can sometimes display, Leone is not one to tolerate injustice, and can be especially vicious to those who commit the most vile acts. She excels at gathering information and exercising calm judgement when necessary.

Lubbock, voiced by Matsuoka, Yoshitsugu

Lubbock is a member of the assassin group, Night Raid. He is often shown being a pervert, including trying to peep on Leone while bathing, usually these attempts end in failure. In the city, his cover is an owner of a bookstore.

Sheele, voiced by Noto, Mamiko

Sheele is one of the members of the Assassin's group, Night Raid. She seems to be clumsy and ditzy on the surface, but is a very caring and sweet person. Bears the teigu 'Ecstasy', a huge pair of scissors that can cut through anything.

Bulat, voiced by Konishi, Katsuyuki

A cool older brother-type who helps Tatsumi adjust to his new life in Night Raid, uses the teigu 'Incursio's which is an armor-type teigu that takes the form of a short sword with a chain link tassel in its sealed form. Once released, the user is enveloped in a full body armor.

Najenda, voiced by Mizuno, Risa

Najenda, also known as The Hunk of the Rebellion is the head of the assassin group Night Raid. Taciturn, sharp-minded and level-headed, she leads the group with a surprisingly gentle but firm air. Her years of experience serving in the Empire as a general have made her a highly capable leader. Najenda is sometimes mistaken as a man due to her boyish appearance, even sometimes being nicknamed 'The Hunk of the Rebellion" by her cohorts. She tends to have a habit of telling "cold jokes" and making bad puns.

Esdeath, voiced by Akesaka, Satomi

Esdeath is a high-ranking general of the Empire and is commonly called "The Empire's Strongest".

Not to crazy about the character designs, but I will give this a try. Utawarerumono had some good points! I miss good sword slashing anime:(

OT needs a subtitle like "KILL THE EDGE" or something. You know, because it's edgy... okay, that might be a shitty subtitle.

For those unfamiliar with the series, this is pretty much the most depraved modern shounen out there. First episode is comparatively light, and that's saying something.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
id love to see the reactions for first time viewers. wish this was on toonami

Savitar

I read quite a bit of the manga, it was charming with quite a few holy shit things got dark big time fast. I mean we're talking The Walking Dead levels of surprises at times.

Of course there was one power that was shown to be quite...."seriously?!" on the BS scale.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Looking forward to seeing some key moments animated. I'm watching this with my little bro who isn't familiar with the manga, so it should be a fun ride.

Hopefully the manga won't turn to pure shit now that the series got animated. I still can't believe how bad Shingeki is right now.

Esdeath is a dumb name.

Esdese is much better :p

Ep 2

I see they skipped most of chapter 2, meaning they'll probably go through the abilities of the rest of Night Raid individually to make them stand out more. Eh, I can live with that. Still not much censorship, but the atmosphere is still kind of bah. Hope they can fix that when good stuff starts.

Adrian

Banned
Reached the point where Esdese appears at the Manga and still no strong plot, they seem to just circle around the idea of being justice agents always waiting for the next opponent without a main goal... but I'll keep watching/reading due character design.

so by the sounds of it, this is something from this season worth getting involved in?

All I'm watching currently is Dandy, Haikyuu, and Terror Bebop...

I've watched the first 4 episodes and really like a lot going on, the edginess is dumb but pretty fun. The quality of the action animation seems a little at odds with the super standardness of the rest of it.

Stage On

I was tempted to read the manga but I'm glad I didn't since what happened in the latest episode came out of left field and took me totally by surprise.

Man that was just gruesome especially the little details afterwards as you can see the Dog imperial arms still chewing on the victims arm.

Ninjimbo

Are all the waifus secretly nuts?
No. Just some of them. Always root for pink or purple as a general rule.

Anyways, since I've read the manga, I haven't watched the show. Knowing what's coming down the road kind of kills the weekly format for me. I'm waiting to binge it sometime soon. Since the story is completely bonkers everything is fresh in my mind.

I can guess what happened this week that has people worked up. That was pretty shocking when I read it. I think it only gets better.

Xamdou

Anime interested me a lot so I started reading the manga. The anime is very faithful to the manga thus far and hope it continues that way!

klee123

One thing I have to say is though, is the contrast between the character designs and how dark and violent the story is.

Which is something I actually don't mind it at all!

the author of this needs jesus.

also, i'm having more trouble than i should taking the anime character designs seriously for some reason.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
No. Just some of them. Always root for pink or purple as a general rule.

Anyways, since I've read the manga, I haven't watched the show. Knowing what's coming down the road kind of kills the weekly format for me. I'm waiting to binge it sometime soon. Since the story is completely bonkers everything is fresh in my mind.

I can guess what happened this week that has people worked up. That was pretty shocking when I read it. I think it only gets better.

I can guess too. I wonder how far this series is planning on going.

I wish the animation was a little better.

I guess everyone is expendable in this series. Totally wasnt expecting it, and so early in the series as well. But then again, the first episode set a pretty fucked up tone for the rest of the series so I cant be surprised.

Xamdou

I wish the animation was a little better.

I guess everyone is expendable in this series. Totally wasnt expecting it, and so early in the series as well. But then again, the first episode set a pretty fucked up tone for the rest of the series so I cant be surprised.

Reminds me of Game Of Thrones.

Edit: Damn again, ill stop posting from my Ipad Air...

Love the manga and the show is a great adaptation. More people need to watch/read this.

Edit: And Esdeath is also my favorite waifu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom