• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akira Tago, puzzle designer of Professor Layton, passed away

This makes me really sad, best wishes to all his family and those that knew him. I'm glad he was able to bring so many awesome puzzles worldwide

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
RIP

The man re-invigorated my love for puzzle games. Layton games will always have a special space in my gaming collection.

vareon

Layton was a brilliant package. While the art, story, and characters are charming, the logic puzzles and their presentation were reaaally fun and satisfying. Rest in piece.

galvatron

Layton is one of the few games I played through with my wife when we're traveling.
Thanks for the great puzzles...
RIP.

Aw what a legend. The first Layton game is one of my favourites ever.

[edit]
Penny Arcade did an amusing jpeg when the first game was released:

254126408_82Zob-2100x20000.jpg

mp1990

Banned
I've yet to play through the Layton series, but considering how passionate the fans talk about it, his presence and work will definitely be missed. RIP

Ultimadrago

RIP.

Thanks for the puzzles, man. I couldn't believe how engaged I was in a riddle game thanks to how good some of them were in the original.

georly

I was just playing layton last night. RIP puzzle master, thank you for all the joy you've brought me this last decade or so. ;_;

xzeldax3

90??? That is a pretty good number to reach. He made some awesome stuff and provided me with hours of entertainment.

Read the interview with him in the World of Layton book that was translated, it was great that he let his work reach more people through video games.
Cheers for making me feel both smart and stupid in equal measure, RIP.

Masked Man

I said wow
Truly a shame. His puzzles forced me to rack my brain harder than I have for any other game thus far. Thanks for the memories, and RIP. :(

Top Bottom