• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys Games announces Sweet Fuse (PSP)

Volcynika

Known as Bakudan Handan in Japan. Screens and such at the links.

rArJA5T.jpg

Aksys Games is pleased to announce a new visual novel adventure title, Sweet Fuse: At Your Side, a heart-felt blend of bomb-defusing action and death-defying romance for the PlayStation®Portable. Developed by the Idea Factory Otomate Studio, Sweet Fuse: At Your Side is the newest addition to a growing catalog of adventure titles published by Aksys Games. Featuring an eccentric cast, engaging puzzle mechanics, and numerous unique story segments, Sweet Fuse: At Your Side is your ticket to a wild and explosive adventure.

Hit the jump or head over to the official page for more details!

Story Summary

Saki Inafune, niece to legendary game developer Keiji Inafune, can’t wait to visit her uncle’s new theme park. She’s been invited to the opening day ceremonies, and is looking forward to a day of fun and excitement when suddenly Count Hogstein—a villain as corpulent and cliché as he is evil—blows up the Ferris wheel, takes the park management hostage, and declares the beginning of a deadly series of games.

Desperate to save her uncle, Saki volunteers to be one of the participants in Hogstein’s games, and finds herself thrust into the midst of excitement very different from what she’d expected when she woke up that morning. She’ll need all of her cunning, determination, and exceptional insight to get herself and her fellow participants—all available bachelors—out alive and maybe, with a little luck, find love along the way.

Sweet Fuse: At Your Side Features

-Vast, Diverging Story – 14 different endings and a host of unexpected twists and turns allow for over 30 hours of compelling gameplay.

-Stylish Art – Sweet Fuse: At Your Side is an experience that is stylish and easy on the eyes, with complex, eye-catching character designs.

-Disarm Perilous Puzzles – Reach an epiphany and solve dangerous puzzles; the fate of you and your companions depends on your insight.

-Unique Characters and Interactions – Blow your fuse or stay completely cool, the choice is yours when dealing with this crazy cast of characters.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2013/02/14/a-sweet-valentine-announcement-sweet-fuse-at-your-side/

This summer.

Oh, I remember this game when it was first announced in Japan.

Well I can't say no to finding the perfect man while my life is in danger.

mollipen

Another visual novel otome game on the PlayStation Portable... in English.

It's like God loves me or something.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Long live the PSP! :)

I hope you guys are as excited to play it as we are to release it!

Also, I have a soft spot for the art in the game due to the artist ;)

And, Happy Valentine's Day!

notworksafe

"Saki Inafune, niece to legendary game developer Keiji Inafune, can’t wait to visit her uncle’s new theme park. "

What the hell? Not one for otome games but my interest is piqued.

oni_saru

Awesome! More otome games! Maybe eventually we'll get the BL ones.
Haha wishful thinking. :')

will day one this!!

mollipen

pick01.jpg

I think this was the last time I officially used my PSP before the Vita stole away my attention. I might have to fix that by going back to play this on my PSP, the way the lord intended it.

Why do you have to die PSP? Can't you bring me weird, lovable, niche Japanese games forever and ever? :(

Mzo

pick01.jpg

I think this was the last time I officially used my PSP before the Vita stole away my attention. I might have to fix that by going back to play this on my PSP, the way the lord intended it.

Why do you have to die PSP? Can't you bring me weird, lovable, niche Japanese games forever and ever? :(
I busted out the PSP for the Corpse Party sequel.

Maybe the Vita will be just as niche someday =[

I wonder if that one bomb defusing game that came out at the PSP's launch could have sold more than 10 copies if it had some hunky guys on the cover?

I love that there are some actual muscular, attractive guys you can date in this one, (Shinpachi ;_;) and not just pretty boys. (Idea Factory Otome games can sometimes have some pretty bland/samey romance options.) Maybe one day I won't have to only be a female protagonist, but at least we're on our way.

Is Sweet Fuse supposed to be a pun or something? If so, I don't get it. ("It's so sweet that we fused"? XD)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hope this means that there's a chance that english Bishojo games will come over... And Senran Kagura. :p

Btw, can uh... Guys play this without being embarrassed if you know what I mean?

oni_saru

I love that there are some actual muscular, attractive guys you can date in this one, (Shinpachi ;_;) and not just pretty boys.

Shinpachi not being date-able in Hakuoki was just painful!! ;~; it wasn't just dem abs but everything about Shinpachi was great!

Jintor

Saki Inafune, niece to legendary game developer Keiji Inafune, can’t wait to visit her uncle’s new theme park. She’s been invited to the opening day ceremonies, and is looking forward to a day of fun and excitement when suddenly Count Hogstein—a villain as corpulent and cliché as he is evil—blows up the Ferris wheel, takes the park management hostage, and declares the beginning of a deadly series of games.

What

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I love you, Aksys. Thanks for the V-Day present~ <3

PSP is not dead yet. I'm so happy.

I was interested in it when the JP version was first announced, but I didn't pay much attention to it post-release. A friend of mine picked it up and said it was relatively decent (ie: the first half is alright; the second half not so much), so I'd like to try the English release out and judge for myself.

And I think this is what IF should honestly stick to. Their other stuff ain't that great, but their Otome games seem to be ok to good.

The game was called Bakudan Handan if that rings any bells.

Here's a link to the Japanese site for people that want to see some more media.
And a possible extra love interest?!? Or maybe he's the Shinpachi of the game...

Btw, can uh... Guys play this without being embarrassed if you know what I mean?
Of course. Straight ladies and gay guys have been playing games with "man pursues lady" mechanics for years. If the story/gameplay interests you, then go for it.

I know you want to get your mack on ULTROS!

Top Bottom