• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys localising Tokyo Xanadu for Vita and PC in 2017

CmeA7DEWgAAAtii.jpg:orig

https://twitter.com/VaguelyHorrible/status/749710104224755713

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/749709115438485504

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/749709265175080960

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/749709864947949568

Physical for Vita, No news on the PS4 one for now.

kurahador

Wait what?? I thought XSEED would be the one doing it.

PS4 is a wait and see? Huh...guess the translation is already in the works for a while.

Lehow

Wowm that is really surprising, I mean, XSEED has been partnering with falcom for a long time. I'm in though.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Aksys instead of Xseed?
I'm always happy to get more Falcom yummies here in the West (especially on a handheld), but why not Xseed? Did they refuse? Has there been a change in the Xseed/Falcom relationship?

Velcro Fly

Good news.

It's fine to spread it around too everyone. The more companies we have willing to localize games like this the better we all are.

Gu4n

Unexpected, but great news nonetheless! The writing in Tokyo Xanadu isn't Falcom's best, but I hope Aksys manages to deliver the lines on par with what we've gotten used to with XSEED.

I got a platinum trophy on the original game and have no plans to go through a localised version or eX+ PS4 version again, though.

I legitimately can't believe this. I thought Falcom had an exclusive agreement with XSEED or something.

The PS4 expanded version is a kick in the nuts but I don't even care, I finally get to play this game on my Vita!

Falcom greenlighting new PC ports of their newer games? *gasp*

Granted, they hinted at it in an interview a few months back, but it's nice to see it actually happening.

Big steal for Aksys. I hope it does well for them. But then again...

Wait, does this mean Falcom is making a PC version of a recent game?

I wouldn't be too surprised if Aksys is porting this themselves (or funding a third party to do the port). I also wouldn't be too surprised if that is a large part of the reason that managed to bag this game.

Psxphile

Xseed has a lot on their plate, I guess. I'm sure they got first right of refusal at any rate. People have been clamoring for Falcom to partner with other companies to get more of their stuff out there quicker so this is a win for them.

Aeana

Very disappointing if we had to wait this long for an English release and then it doesn't at least have the extra PS4 content on PC.

Xseed has a lot on their plate, I guess. I'm sure they got first right of refusal at any rate. People have been clamoring for Falcom to partner with other companies to get more of their stuff out there quicker so this is a win for them.

Yeah, Aksys handling this means Xseed can dedicate more time to the Crossbell games
please

Aeana

Not sure how I feel about a Falcom game without XSEED.

It's on PC though so I will definitely get it.
Falcom games came out in English before XSEED. I don't see the issue. I don't know why anyone would wish for XSEED to pick up yet another project at this point anyway. They're still working on stuff announced long ago.

18-Volt

Incredibly happy news.

Aksys are quite on a roll these days. Localization of Shiren is a big surprise enough but this? Yeah, they rule.

Ugh, I feel really conflicted. I've been waiting so long for this and I want to support it, but now that we know of the PS4 version, I don't know if I want to spend time playing though the lesser version.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, NOT Xseed? Weird. Though I might as well wait & see if they confirm the PS4 version since that has more content.

"The game plays as an action role-playing video game with many elements from the Persona series of games. It has a party-based realtime battle system with dungeon exploration." Well I like Persona, but "dungeon exploration" has me worried. Should I have interest in this game if I like JRPGs?

Yeah I'm happy but with the expanded PS4 version existing.. I don't know

This is another one of those JP company/localization things I just don't understand. Just terrible timing

Derkon

Going to be hard to want to pick this up knowing that the enhanced PS4 port is out there.

But at least good on Aksys for bringing a physical Vita release over.

WHAT

Are we getting the PS4 version on PC, though?

The fact that the PS4 version isn't listed as being localized would suggest that it's based on the original Vita release rather than the EX+ version. It wouldn't make sense to not localize the PS4 release if they're localizing its content in another version.

Requeim

So basically now the wait is for the eventual eX+ release, instead of the game itself. Bittersweet announcement.

The fact that the PS4 version isn't listed as being localized would suggest that it's based on the original Vita release rather than the EX+ version. It wouldn't make sense to not localize the PS4 release if they're localizing its content in another version.

It wouldn't make sense to port the Vita version in the first place instead of the PS4 one.

Yet here we are

Beartruck

Yeah, probably this. They are a very small company and can only handle a few projects at once I imagine.

Top Bottom