• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

Here it is:

hDNpiOD.png

redhood56

Banned
This will be a slow burn :( I'll keep checking though because I have nothing better else to do. I have no idea what's going on with the words.

Me neither. Theyre different from the first sets of words Aksys revealed right?

Completely so.

We should clarify in the OP that "ring" changes place based on your zoom level and the device you view it on.

Also I think the word "coin"s 15 second interval might have something to do with base-15, but I have no idea how we would use that.

grim-tales

How do you count in base 15? This could possibly point to ZE3 as hexidecimal numbers featured in 999. There wasnt really anything like that in VLR though.

Uchikoshi replied to two tweets that said "We all scream for ice cream!" by saying "good answer". The said tweets were a response to Uchikoshi's "Did you scream?" tweet.

takoyaki

Speculation(probably reading too much into it):

The first thing "ice cream" makes me think of in this context is the beginning of Ever17.

"ring" could be connected to the ending of Ever17, either
the structure of the laboratory
or one very memorable image at the end of Tsumugi's story.

the word "coin" seems to be stuck in an Infinity Loop. The concept of Schrödinger's Cat has appeared in most (maybe all) Infnity/ZE games. My memory is a little fuzzy about it, but wasn't the idea of flipping a coin used in one of the Infinity games to explain it?

edit: The first set of words on A and B didn't look like they were connected to Infinity/ZE, so this is probably just looking for stuff that isn't there on my part.

All the new info and some corrections should be listed in the OP now, let's see what next week brings :)

You could add the fact that "coin" scrolls at intervals of fifteen seconds (checked it again the other day and it was 15.0)

Otherwise, great update!

takoyaki

You could add the fact that "coin" scrolls at intervals of fifteen seconds (checked it again the other day and it was 15.0)

Otherwise, great update!

Thanks! I tried it on a few different devices myself and the time it takes the word "coin" to complete one round varies greatly.

ipad(no zoom): about 10sec
iphone(no zoom): about 5.5 sec
mac (firefox, a little zoomed in): about 4.5 sec
mac (safari, no zoom): about 10 sec

Therefore I didn't include it in the OP. I'm starting to get a bit suspicious about the strange behavior of the word "ring" as well, but this probably has to do with formatting as well.

Let's do it like this: If two other people say that it takes around 15sec, I'll put it in the OP. Just wanna make sure this thread doesn't get locked on a technicality ;)

Anime Expo more likely, which happens around the same time. Aksys likes to announce stuff there.

Yep. If the countdown keeps its pattern, it'll end one week after E3 and one week before the Anime Expo.

They'll probably give us a little teaser on June 26th and then do a full blown reveal at the Anime Expo! :D

takoyaki

Yep. If the countdown keeps its pattern, it'll end one week after E3 and one week before the Anime Expo.

They'll probably give us a little teaser on June 26th and then do a full blown reveal at the Anime Expo! :D

Or one of the two remaining months has 05 weeks, then it would end right in the middle of AX (July 2nd-5th) on July 3rd . I could see them ending the counter live on stage during a panel.

Or one of the two remaining months has 05 weeks, then it would end right in the middle of AX (July 2nd-5th) on July 3rd . I could see them ending the counter live on stage during a panel.

Man, just thinking about when they reveal this gets me so hyped! I'm gonna cry if this isn't Zero Escape 3.

takoyaki

Man, just thinking about when they reveal this gets me so hyped! I'm gonna cry if this isn't Zero Escape 3.

The length of this teaser has to be some kind of record. I usually ignore stupid teasers and move on, but this "slow burn" kind of hype mixed with sudden spikes when a new word or tweet shows up has me hooked. I'm pretty confident this will turn out well, but let's just hope long-ass teasers don't become "a thing" ;)

One thing I am sure about is that if this teaser is not pointing to ZE3, it will not acbieve its main purpose of generating hype. Way too many people expect this to be Zero Escape 3, anything other than that and the general reception will be that the teaser was underwhelming.

Edit: I am feeling the "slow burn" too.

FluxWaveZ

One thing I am sure about is that if this teaser is not pointing to ZE3, it will not acbieve its main purpose of generating hype. Way too many people expect this to be Zero Escape 3, anything other than that and the general reception will be that the teaser was underwhelming.

Does retrospect matter when the end goal of this sort of teaser is to generate interest for the project it is teasing? If this turned out to not be ZE3, it could still have brought more eyes on what it would actually turn out to be than if it didn't have this lead up.

Does retrospect matter when the end goal of this sort of teaser is to generate interest for the project it is teasing? If this turned out to not be ZE3, it could still have brought more eyes on what it would actually turn out to be than if it didn't have this lead up.

Possible, but I think the public reception would still be rather negative (compared to what it would be had this been ZE3)

FluxWaveZ

Possible, but I think the public reception would still be rather negative (compared to what it would be had this been ZE3)

Sure, for those who really want this to be ZE3. But the reason I think a company like Square Enix has used this strategy several times for games which turned out to be underwhelming for those going in with certain expectations is because they might actually work, for the purpose of building up discussion and overall word of mouth about a tease. Not the best strategy when it comes to building a relationship of trust with dedicated fans, but it might be an effective marketing tactic.

Sure, for those who really want this to be ZE3. But the reason I think a company like Square Enix has used this strategy several times for games which turned out to be underwhelming for those going in with certain expectations is because they might actually work, for the purpose of building up discussion and overall word of mouth about a tease. Not the best strategy when it comes to building a relationship of trust with dedicated fans, but it might be an effective marketing tactic.
Agreed.

Swamped

Banned
Does anyone else just feel really exhausted by this? Three month wait to an announcement for a game that may or may not be what we want, that will probably come out at least 6 months later and then needs to be localized which will take another 6 months...

No! I gotta stay positive!

takoyaki

Does anyone else just feel really exhausted by this? Three month wait to an announcement for a game that may or may not be what we want, that will probably come out at least 6 months later and then needs to be localized which will take another 6 months...

Sure, after the initial days where we all thought this would be "solved" quickly, I felt exhausted as well. This would have worked better (at least for us) if the teaser was shorter or if there were more frequent updates that give you the sense that something is happening.

If Aksys is involved with the development from an early stage, the localization might be done quicker than usual. Here's hoping they are using the remaining time for translating the script while we are staring at the word "ice cream" ;)

Well, since this is Aksys' announcement (as opposed to Spike Chunsoft), the English version may be the first one being released. It's quite unusual for a localization firm to announce a new game, so if this does end up being ZE3, then it might be closer than you think.

And the ZE series does do much better in the west than Japan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom