• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

takoyaki

Somebody on twitter pointed out that – · – · – – · – – · · (aka CQD) is the distress signal sent when the Titanic sunk. Maybe this is what those three letters amount to?

This sounds very solid. The morse code from the tweet, Titanic=999 and it would also fit with what will
happen in Nevada
in ZE3.

from Wikipedia

Thus, "CQD" is understood by wireless operators to mean, "All stations: distress." Contrary to popular belief, CQD does not stand for "Come Quick, Danger", "Come Quickly: Distress", "Come Quick—Drowning!", or "C Q Danger" (Seek You, Danger)

grim-tales

Somebody on twitter pointed out that – · – · – – · – – · · (aka CQD) is the distress signal sent when the Titanic sunk. Maybe this is what those three letters amount to?

:eek: OH MY GOD.
That is brilliant.
In which case
maybe we will find out some mysteries that call back to 999 like Lord Gordain - maybe Gordain turns out to be Brother in ZE3 (introduced in VLR)
Maybe it could also be a Radical 6 distress signal?

D-Man

:eek: OH MY GOD.
That is brilliant.
In which case
maybe we will find out some mysteries that call back to 999 like Lord Gordain - maybe Gordain turns out to be Brother in ZE3 (introduced in VLR)
Maybe it could also be a Radical 6 distress signal?

I actually think that ZE3 will bring at least most of those mysteries from 999 to a close.
The whole thing with Free the Soul, Brother and Left, and the previous Nonary games along with Lord Gordain have to have some type of big overall connection.

I'm getting really excited guys. We're almost there!!!

Just saw that Q was added, hopped into this thread, and now I'm close to going insane from hype! Holy shit. I've never gotten this excited before! What is this? It's happening! It's actually going to happen! Oh my god!

*Takes a deep breath* Okay... Well damn... With Q revealed, there is literally nothing else this could be other than something ZE related!

I still have a 1% feeling that it could be a redone (mobile?) VLR to raise support for ZE3, though... But I'd still be cool with thay, since it'd give me a good reason to revisit the game.

whynotboth.gif

ze3 with republishing the games
True... I can dig that. I like the 4 infinity games releasing theory.

Also Aksys is tweeting with words like
Shrödinger's Cat and Quantum Theory.
... Would these count as 999/VLR spoilers? Either way, this is just so painful now... I've seen the light, and I can't turn away now! Ahhhhh

takoyaki

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/616007572072456192

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/616007172191694848

That should dispel any last second rumors about the reveal not being about Zero Escape.

Then again, it could be Zero Escape vs Danganronpa: Trial Fighters

Yeah, OK. That should convince even the most skeptical person.

edit: anyone still want in ;)

jpg108mjpv.jpg

Swamped

Banned
What would REALLY surprise me is if they announced that ZE3 was available for purchase right after the panel...but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

But honestly, do you guys think it might be available for preorder right after the announcement, with a cool ZE watch or something?

Speaking of which, I'm astonished that none of the teaser site words have had anything to do with watches. Maybe that would have been too obvious.

Nyoro SF

What would REALLY surprise me is if they announced that ZE3 was available for purchase right after the panel...but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

But honestly, do you guys think it might be available for preorder right after the announcement, with a cool ZE watch or something?

Speaking of which, I'm astonished that none of the teaser site words have had anything to do with watches. Maybe that would have been too obvious.

All three Zero Escape games on Steam, purchasable now after the panel is over

gabe_newell_dropping_dollars.mp4

redhood56

Banned
I got a hunch that development started sometime around the U.S. Trademark was announced(oct 7 2014) but that's just me. Now Aksys if you are reading this please don't do any limited watch runs. If you have to, make the watch available from a certain date to another so everyone gets a chance while not producing to many.

Something tells me Amazon would list it beforehand...

Someone on the Upcoming Vita Games thread said that there was speculation Aksys could announce the localization of a game called Metropolis Defenders at AX, is there anyone with knowledge about that game who can tell us if these words have anything to do with that game?

redhood56

Banned
Someone on the Upcoming Vita Games thread said that there was speculation Aksys could announce the localization of a game called Metropolis Defenders at AX, is there anyone with knowledge about that game who can tell us if these words have anything to do with that game?
Looks like some type of tower defense game. But last year Aksys announced 2 games at their panel so I wouldn't panic just yet.

takoyaki

Looks interesting, but I'm sure they will announce more than one game during a 1h long panel. This probably falls in the same category as Norn9 or Code:Realize, a cool game that gets announced on the side.

Oh hot damn.
I can't even begin to imagine where to start on decoding all these code words.

yami4ct

I'm really glad this teaser is almost over. The amount of time it's been going honestly has made it pretty tiring. Here's hoping it ends with something good!

It has to. It really does.

yami4ct

So how's everyone gonna react when this has nothing to do with any Zero Escape related media?

Unless it's something super cool, worthy of this huge buildup, I'll probably lose a good bit of respect for Aksys. You don't tease something for months and not give fans something worth waiting for.

I dont have an avatar, but you can throw my name in that room of hype =).

Would love them to not only announce ZE3 but also a release of 999 (maybe rebrand it as Zero Escape: 999 or something better) on Vita and 3DS. Never played 999 and I heard the mobile one is just the story so meh.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

Please add me. Everything points to this being ZE3. It would be GAF Fail of the year contender if it isn't.

D-Man

I dont have an avatar, but you can throw my name in that room of hype =).

Would love them to not only announce ZE3 but also a release of 999 (maybe rebrand it as Zero Escape: 999 or something better) on Vita and 3DS. Never played 999 and I heard the mobile one is just the story so meh.

The reprint of 999 actually added the Zero Escape brand to it. They added a logo on the top right that says "Zero Escape: Volume 1".

You should definitely get and play 999 when you get the chance. It's a really great experience.

I'd say the DS version is by far the best version, but the iOS version is a good alternative, if you can't play the original for whatever reason. You may lose the puzzles and most of the great puzzle dialogue and interactivity, but the story is strong enough to still have an impact without the puzzles, IMO.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's no alternative at all, it's not only missing the puzzles, which morph the game from an above average VN to something really special but it manages to cut out a great deal of dialogue from the puzzle rooms. The iOS version is a scam.

redhood56

Banned
I totally forgot about the Lord Gardain stuff. God damn that was so long ago and now we are finally getting answers. Only a couple more days!

yami4ct

It's no alternative at all, it's not only missing the puzzles, which morph the game from an above average VN to something really special but it manages to cut out a great deal of dialogue from the puzzle rooms. The iOS version is a scam.

I actually really didn't love the puzzles in 999. They were more tedious than anything. Aside from the final, amazing puzzle shift, they didn't add much for me. VLR fixed that for me for the most part. If the only way you can experience the game is on mobile, I say that's fine. It's not as good an experience, but it's better to get the story in some way versus none at all.

That being said, I would super dig a Vita/3DS release of 999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom