• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys wants you to take their visual novel survey

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Shame there wasn't an option to voice which specific VNs we wanted to see localized. I would have listed, along with the previously mentioned Steins;Gate on PS3/Vita (seriously, cross-save for VNs would be great) the Harem Paradise, Yandare Hell game as well. In any case, even if they don't appeal to me, hopefully they'll continue bringing them over & able to afford the localization costs.

I feel like I took a similar survey from Aksys a few months ago. Oh well, glad to do another one! Anything to encourage them to bring more visual novels out, on the Vita if possible.
I think it was related to Zero Escape. It was back in Nov.

Moonlight

Banned
Every VN I've played on a handheld has had dire audio.
Audio quality on Danganronpa and VLR are completely fine. VNs as an experience are way more suited to handheld than condemning yourself to a couple hours sitting in front of your desktop jamming the space bar.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Done deal! Can't wait to see more titles get localized! I wonder what they'll put out next...

androvsky

As much as I don't mind the PSP otome games, I hope they can get some more from other genres. I'd love to see some of the bigger name titles, even if they're much older. One nice thing about VNs is they should age quite a bit better than most games.

I also wish I could send the first sentence back in time a few years just to see the reaction to someone complaining about getting too many otome visual novels on Sony platforms in English.

hao chi

I got halfway through the server then it could no longer connect to their servers. :|

I might try it again later.

Marche90

The website died on me mid survey. Will try again later.

On Nintendo handhelds yes. The Vita has fine audio.

Which boggles the mind as to why, seeing how the 3DS cards have the same capacity as the Vita cards. Oh, well, whatever.

But of course I want more of 'em! Based Aksys

...though I'm having troubles filling in the survey. Sometimes the page fails to load

EDIT: Awesome... I didn't finished filling in the survey, but since page crapped on me when I wasn't done, it still counted as "Survey already filled in"

fedexpeon

Banned
WTF...There is no way the server is getting destroyed due to traffic from fans of VN.
It keeps timing out on me every time I try to take the survey.
Maybe I am underestimating VN/Anime fans.

Took the survey.

I'm glad that Aksys seems committed to releasing visual novels in English. The genre hasn't gotten enough love, but at least we're starting to get some more stuff available on handhelds.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
This wasn't really detailed at all it pretty much just asked what platforms, so I put the answers that pointed towards home consoles and PC as per my preference.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
There wasn't any option to say "I only want the ones that let me pretend to be related to questionably-famous game developers."

"Other" doesn't really cover that one, I don't think.

Yeah, it wasn't a very interesting survey, just a matter platform preference.

But I don't really care about platform, other than I don't want it on mobile.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yeah, it wasn't a very interesting survey, just a matter platform preference.

But I don't really care about platform, other than I don't want it on mobile.

Yeah my answers pretty much amounted to please get PC/Console ones, I'll buy them on handhelds if I have to (only released on those), and no mobile.

This survey isn't that good. I prefer it on PC but do not mind having it on the 3DS. There isn't really a both option. More of a one or the other.

DiscoJer

I've actually only played them on the PSP and Vita (counting that Shrine Maiden Story game on PS Mobile which was sort of cute) but I wouldn't mind playing them on PC, either.

Ridley327

Which boggles the mind as to why, seeing how the 3DS cards have the same capacity as the Vita cards. Oh, well, whatever.

Well, kind of. It's true that 3DS cards can store the same as Vita cards, but unlike Vita cards, 3DS cards come in a few different configurations. The smaller you go, the cheaper it is, which is why games like VLR suffered, since they opted for a smaller card to try and cram two audio tracks into.

Alex

More on Steam and tablets would suit me better. If it's quality stuff I don't mind handhelds, though, preferably Vita in that case.

FluxWaveZ

For.

i716antyvRr45.gif

Top Bottom