• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 to be revealed this year!?

Sorry to revive this thread from the dead.

But Ilkka Villi (Alan Wake) was on a morning TV show. Apparently he's working with Remedy on something which he can't talk about. (Alan Wake? Probably)

BELIEVE
QQhTWMX.png

wwm0nkey

Hey a bump that is actually something!

Yeah I can't see him doing anything but Alan Wake so....more Alan Wake then!

I'm guessing it's a cameo in Quantum Break.

Would be amazing if it was AW2 though or another smaller title to help fill the gap between AM and AW2.

scently

But Ilkka Villi (Alan Wake) was on a morning TV show. Apparently he's working with Remedy on something which he can't talk about. (Alan Wake? Probably)

BELIEVE

Maan, I really hope it is. Alan Wake is one of those few games I have played through several times. Severely underrated.

coughlanio

Better be on PS4, but I wouldn't mind have another game on the list of reasons to buy an Xbox One, might actually get me to pick one up.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Alan Wake 2 would be a Killer App for me and would let me buy a Xbox One directly.

The first one was for me the best game of this gen.

GCX

Although Remedy has about 100 employees now (compared to the 40 or so from a few years back) I doubt they'd still be able to develop two big projects simultaneously.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Although Remedy has about 100 employees now (compared to the 40 or so from a few years back) I doubt they'd still be able to develop two big projects simultaneously.

A smaller pre-production team working on Alan Wake 2 isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Wizz-Art

Oh God, I just realised it's a thread from the beginning of this year. Instant purchase of Xbox One and Alan Wake (season) II LE/CE when true. It's the best game this past gen for me, loved everything about it.

tpax

Banned
AW2 would also be a killer app for me. I probably even would drop the though to go PC only from now on.

This would get me to buy an Xbox One. I've said it before. It's still true. I'd rather this happen than not. But I think we're reading too much into it. Imagine if James Mcaffrey had said the same thing prior to Alan Wake's reveal.

We'd all have been like... WOO MAX PAYNE 3!

Kajiba

I really want it to be AW2 but I get the feeling it's going to be something like American Nightmare. Which was awesome by all means.

Or maybe a little tv show like they're doing with Ryse.

JJD

Make it happen MS!!!

A new Alan Wake game is one of the only chances I might be buying a Xbone this year or the next and not when it finally drop price.

I would gladly buy the Xbone on launch if Alan Wake 2 was on the launch lineup. Love that game.

I don't give a crap about Quantum shitiness, I don't really like it's TV series and episodic content angle. Hope I am wrong but I'm really skeptical.

I don't give a crap about Quantum shitiness, I don't really like it's TV series and episodic content angle. Hope I am wrong but I'm really skeptical.

No problem with people not being interested in a game but "quantum shitiness" are you 12?

It's as episodic as Alan wake was, split into chapters but released as one full package at the same time at retail.

BELIEVE

I hope its another American Nightmare-like Mini Episode based on the Quantum Break Engine.

This time i want it related to HP Lovecraft instead of Stephen King or Tarantino.

If they also make an Alan Wake 2 for the Xbox One I'm really jealous. I really liked the first one, American Nightmare was also great.

statham

preproduction, but it would be cool if they was working with another outside team and developing them together.

It'd be pretty awesome to get AW2. I'm sure I'd have at least one friend begging to borrow my Xbox One if this ends up being true. Also there better be more Old Gods of Asgard.

Isn't Remedy still a relatively small studio? I wouldn't think they've got the capability to work on two big projects at once.
Wikipedia says 100 employees.

Probably has a cameo in Quantum Break or something, like James McCaffrey in Alan Wake.

Everyone else has already said all this, but whatever, I typed it up, now I'm posting it dammit.

H3xum

So many ups and downs. High when I saw the thread title, low when I realized it was a year old bump, high when I saw Alan was on tv, low when I realized this is likely a QB plug.

Gbraga

AAAAAAAAAH OH MY GOD ALAN WAEJIEAAEAKEEOEJODPSJHJ

IT'S HAPPENING

OR NOT

MAYBE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Remedy symbolically locked the franchise away indefinitely in that video a few months back. We won't be seeing AW for a while.

Don't get your hopes up. Personally, I'm looking forward to the new IP.

For some reason, I'm convinced that Quantum Break is going to have some relationship to the Alan Wake universe. Nothing really solid other than a gut feeling from everything I've seen so far.

Majestad

Banned
For some reason, I'm convinced that Quantum Break is going to have some relationship to the Alan Wake universe. Nothing really solid other than a gut feeling from everything I've seen so far.

I've been thinking the same since they revealed the game. For all we know, QB might be a story written by Alan Wake.

Naminator

Banned
I hope it's Alan Wake 2, and I hope they really expanded on the mechanics, maybe a real day/night cycle or something?

I would really love to see where the game like this can go.

Ohhh and PC release PLEEEAAAASSEE!

Naminator

Banned
I've been thinking the same since they revealed the game. For all we know, QB might be a story written by Alan Wake.

You just blew my mind!

I never even thought about it that way.

This would be cool.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I reallly hope they dont cut down the wandering part of the first game.

One of the main reasons it blew me so away were the gigantic mountain areas, in which it took really long time to wander through. It really feelt like walking through the area with all this amazing atmosphere and light effects.

Kainazzo

I reallly hope they dont cut down the wandering part of the first game.

One of the main reasons it blew me so away were the gigantic mountain areas, in which it took really long time to wander through. It really feelt like walking through the area with all this amazing atmosphere and light effects.

One of my few issues with AW was that some areas felt a little too samey, though I think that was mostly near the beginning.

Maybe they'll ratchet the wandering back up and make it open world as the first was originally planned. Something similar to Deadly Premonition, but...

There was that story out of E3 about the games maybe having some kind of connection.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/quantum-break-may-cross-paths-with-alan-wake/

Speaking with Joystiq, Remedy creative director Sam Lake hinted that the studio's Xbox One game Quantum Break may have a connection to Alan Wake. We jokingly asked if Quantum Break was really just a story written by Alan. He said no, but added that Quantum Break deals with many timelines and universes. "The way we approach these things is definitely kind of – they're connected in weird ways. And definitely for Remedy fans, there will be a lot of familiar things from a Remedy game."

I'm sure we'll get some kind of cameo similar to the Max Payne book in Alan Wake.

Top Bottom