• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake: American Nightmare added to Steam registry

App ID 202754
Last Updated 2012-04-23 22:56:35
Name alan wakes american nightmare thirdparty
Installation Directory alan wakes american nightmare thirdparty
Minimum Cache Size 104
Maximum Cache Size 104
Launch Options
Description Default
Command Line alan wakes american nightmare thirdparty
Icon Index 0
No Desktop Shortcut false
No Start Menu Shortcut false
Long Running Unattended false
On First Launch -1
Is Bandwidth Greedy true
Versions (show) Hidden
Current Version ID 0
Filesystems
Trickle Version ID -1
User Defined
Beta Version Password foo
Beta Version ID -1
Legacy Installation Dir
Skip MFP Overwrite false
Use Filesystem DVR false
Manifest Only App false
App of Manifest Only Cache 202750

Nice. It's coming sooner than expected.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Cool. Remedy did a kickass job with the PC port of AW so I'm happy to see this happen. Did the Xbros like this? I don't remember hearing a lot about it.

I just downloaded this on XBLA last week. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Remedy did a ton to spice up the combat in between adding new enemy types and new weapons. The soundtrack is damn good and the Mr. Scratch videos are pretty awesome too. Definitely worth the price of admission.

Guri

"Is Bandwidth Greedy true"

Great!

Also, I finished the game last week and it was great! Maybe someday I'll buy both Alan Wake titles on Steam again!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I finally finished it last week. It was aight. Not many environment imo. I had more fun with the Arcade Mode.

Phenomic

American Nightmare was stand alone correct? Alan Wake was seriously one of my favorite games that year, but I never picked up American Nightmare on XBLA for various reasons. Now that I have a nice gaming PC I would much rather pick it up on Steam.

DTKT

Excellent! I bought the original for my Xbox just before it died, so I'm not ready to pay full price for the Steam version of that, but if this is $10-15 then I'll probably bite on it first.

iACVQUn3pqQld.gif

Frankfurt

Banned
The Story Mode is pretty "meh" (the live-action cutscenes are pretty and the phonebooth story is awesome, but outside of that there isn't much to it), but the mechanics are even better and the game is more polished overall. More weapons, more types of enemies (
grenadiers, dudes that multiply if you shine a light on them, a dude that turns into a flock of crows, super-giant bullet-sponge guy with chainsaw, etc
), etc.

I also thought the hub-world greatly, greatly hurt the narrative. It isn't even on the same league as the linear version.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Port? You mean original PC version that got locked away?

Eh, it's on PC now and that's all that matters on the end. It was a great way for me to revisit the game after digging it on 360. Anyways, I'm intrigued by the mentions of a hub area...is there anything to it?

Everdred

I hope they run a special on the original game when this comes out. Will definitely pick up both if they do.

derFeef

The Story Mode is pretty "meh" (the live-action cutscenes are pretty and the phonebooth story is awesome, but outside of that there isn't much to it), but the mechanics are even better and the game is more polished overall. More weapons, more types of enemies (
grenadiers, dudes that multiply if you shine a light on them, a dude that turns into a flock of crows, super-giant bullet-sponge guy with chainsaw, etc
), etc.

I also thought the hub-world greatly, greatly hurt the narrative. It isn't even on the same league as the linear version.

I completely agree. Will buy and play a second time, though. Alan Wake on PC is gorgeous.

Top Bottom