• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake coming to Steam? [Steam registry entry appears]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that Microsoft releases PC ports way after their console versions and then wonders why the sales are poor. How about you release a fucking PC version WITH the console version.

A lot of people would have bought the PC version over 360 but it's too late now.

pretty sure your last sentence explains the first two.

def sim

Maybe Alan Wake 2 might go fully multiplatform, but I doubt this will. If anything, it'll be the same situation as Mass Effect 2. Unless, of course, MS decides to hold on to this exclusive.

That's would be surprising.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I would not mind some more exploratory daytime moments, but I could not imagine AW to be an open world game. I am glad they sticked with their episodic story approach after the open world prototype did not work well for them.
Yeah, it's still a damn good game. They made the right choice to go with an episodic format.

TheBear

Does being in the registry 100% confirm it? I don't quite undertstand how it works. Hopefully it's the complete version with the latest episodes.

Goon Boon

Banned
I just youtubed the ending since they took the "comfy couch fuck pc gaming" approach. I don't want to support a company like that.

Mr_Zombie

*fap* *fap* *fap*

Yeah!

It's a seriously flawed game, but I love it anyway. Great atmosphere.
And if they fix graphics (resolution, texture resolution, tearing, shadows) then OMG! :D

Curious how MS would price this, a year and a half old port. $40? $30?

50$ or even 60$. Haven't you learned already that video game companies rarely take into account that something is an old port?

Mush

For people who want to play the game on PC it already is interesting, though something tells me that's not the flavour of intrigue you're gleefully anticipating.
There's just so much that can happen!

Will PC gamers welcome this news with open arms, or continue to give Remedy the cold shoulder for their prior failings?

Will the lukewarm reception to the original release on X360 cause master race gamers to avoid this late release?

And the most pressing question of all, with it come with a free collectible comfortable sofa chair?

End of Episode.

leng jai

Nice if true. After playing the 360 version with its sub-HD resolution and tearing it was clear that it was begging for a PC version.

Trevelyon

Fuck yes!!! Been holding out hope for a while, thought it was completely squashed by Microsoft at point. Maybe there was some contractual period that Remedy signed off on that it had to remain only on 360 for a set amount of time (we've seen a few instances of that)

Great news, I'm thrilled.

vazel

Banned
Last time I brought my 360 out of the closet was for this game and loved it. I'll be there day one on PC. I just hope it's the first game with all dlc and not the new game.

Frankfurt

Banned
So the master race that cared about the game, then started bashing it when it became 360-only, now suddenly cares again? Despite it having "shitty gameplay" and being a "mediocre" game? Despite having the same PC gamers come into every. single. AW thread to bash it? In every single page?

Typical.

They made the right choice to go with an episodic format.

Yep.

Open-World would be a completelly different game, definetly wouldn't feel the same in tone.

So the master race that cared about the game, then started bashing it when it became 360-only, now suddenly cares again? Despite it having "shitty gameplay" and being a "mediocre" game?

Typical.

Harriet the Spy would be ashamed that this was posted beside a picture of her.

So the master race that cared about the game, then started bashing it when it became 360-only, now suddenly cares again? Despite it having "shitty gameplay" and being a "mediocre" game?

Typical.

Isn't the 360 user base that supposedly "looooved" the game, the same one that made this flop and almost killed the franchise Remedy was trying to build, preferring to buy the annual Call of Duty title and its DLCs instead of this? Yup.

Mr_Zombie

So the master race that cared about the game, then started bashing it when it became 360-only, now suddenly cares again? Despite it having "shitty gameplay" and being a "mediocre" game? Despite having the same PC gamers come into every. single. AW thread to bash it? In every single page?

It does have a "shitty gameplay" (but that's rather due to a repetitiveness, the shooting mechanics are really solid), but I treat the game like Mass Effect - a so-so game with great atmosphere and great potential.

NBtoaster

Age of Empires 3 also was added to the Registry.

:eek:

I got it when it was 10 cents on GFWL last year, but this could do a lot for the community.

I hope for Age of Mythology as well, but MS doesn't even have that on GFWL.

50$ or even 60$. Haven't you learned already that video game companies rarely take into account that something is an old port?

Fable 3 was reasonable at $50 so I'm hopeful. It really shouldn't be higher than 40.

Jtrizzy

What's the latest on the whole XBLA for PC thing? I asked if the new game would be PC since it's an XBLA game.

Either way, this is great news. I liked Twin Peaks, but don't have a 360. Also, 540p is pretty rough...is that the lowest res for a cupposed HD console game?

My response is "meh" just like Rockstars LA Noire, it is too little too late. They will no doubt expect PC gamers to pay through the nose for a dog eared old game which can be bought on the xbox 360 for the price of a hamburger.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Lol if this releases at more than $40.
Isn't the 360 user base that supposedly "looooved" the game, the same one that made this flop and almost killed the franchise Remedy was trying to build, preferring to buy the annual Call of Duty title and its DLCs instead of this? Yup.
kagagrenade9mj.gif

It was pirated over 1 million times. There was interest :p

teraMEL0S

This is great news if true. Even though I do my gaming on the loser-tier Xbox, Microsoft should release all titles on PC and Xbox. Hopefully, their titles can just go simultaneous with releases come Nextbox/Window 8. The world will be a happier place.

Mr_Zombie

Actually, they preferred to buy RDR - a big AAA game from R* released withing the same week as AW >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom