• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake coming to Steam? [Steam registry entry appears]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
Lol if this releases at more than $40.

kagagrenade9mj.gif

Most likely, 50$ with both DLC's included.

Dabanton

Actually, they preferred to buy RDR - a big AAA game from R* released withing the same week as AW >_>

Pretty much this. I wonder when MS realised that releasing so near to RDR was going to be a serious problem

That and no demo were stupid bloody moves on MS part.

K' Dash

Awesome game, to me it looked beautiful and the second DLC is amazing, yeah ignorance is bliss, I guess you can say that.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
No demo, RDR, and besides Bright Falls no real marketing either.

At least now the game's IP is out there and is not a unknown brand, with a nice big jump awareness with American Nightmare showing on Spike TV, and the positive outlook is that Microsoft will put some marketting towards it as they are commited to the franchise. This game should do a good job of leaving a fresher memory of Alan Wake before the next full chapter comes out.

I'll probably pick it up during a Steam sale, and then never play it. :\ It has been sitting on my 360 drive since it was available on Games on Demand and I've only played the very beginning.

What's the latest on the whole XBLA for PC thing? I asked if the new game would be PC since it's an XBLA game.

Either way, this is great news. I liked Twin Peaks, but don't have a 360. Also, 540p is pretty rough...is that the lowest res for a cupposed HD console game?
Should be fine, I'd assume they'll just use GFWL marketplace for anything additional. Not ideal but it should be reasonably straightforward. Reasonably.

DieH@rd

Banned
will rebuy. at a high price if i can play it in 3D.

Oh man, that would be too much for me. Low on ammo, alone in the dark woods, wind blowing hard, shadows moving toward me from every side... in 3D.

Imagine this on Sony T1 headset :D Give it to meeeeeee.

Oh man, that would be too much for me. Low on ammo, alone in the dark woods, wind blowing hard, shadows moving toward me from every side... in 3D.

Imagine this on Sony T1 headset :D Give it to meeeeeee.

will finally get mine next week.

any idea on how far out the game likely is given that it's appeared in the steam registry? could still be a ways off right? this could just be for it's position in the store, or is the registry listing something closer to launch normally?

i get that this is a pretty good confirmation that it exists, but is it a confirmation of anything else too?

derFeef

will finally get mine next week.

any idea on how far out the game likely is given that it's appeared in the steam registry? could still be a ways off right? this could just be for it's position in the store, or is the registry listing something closer to launch normally?

i get that this is a pretty good confirmation that it exists, but is it a confirmation of anything else too?

Given it's in the "system" already, there speaks nothing against a release in a few weeks. Crazy to think about it. American Nightmare is out "Q1 2012" so maybe early next year.

Fuuuuuuu and I bought it not long ago for 360
LLShC.gif

Thankfully it was one of those $6 download codes but still. I would much rather play this on PC

Lime

I hope they completely rehaul the writing, level design and gameplay. Then it might actually be worth playing.

But good for those who desperately wants to play it and especially with proper graphics.

I would've loved to play this originally on PC.

Now, after playing it on 360 with all the DLC, I've had my fill.

No double dipping on this, I'm afraid.

thuway

Now Epic please bring Gears of War 2 and 3 to the PC. I already own the 360 versions, but I'd love to tesselate the fuck out of that sweet PC port.

Fezan

was not fan of the game.it went boring quite fast.atmosphere was there but story makes zero sense.At least dennis will have something beautiful for the PC screenshot thread

Rented it on the 360 originally. I always meant to pick it up cheap so I could play the DLC but now I guess I'll wait and see if this comes to anything.

was not fan of the game.it went boring quite fast.atmosphere was there but story makes zero sense.At least dennis will have something beautiful for the PC screenshot thread
I actually think on a game mechanic level playing this game on normal does it a disservice. I agree the game is pretty dull there, the whole flashlight weakness of the enemies only seemed to act as a buffer between seeing them and being able to shoot, it felt pointless.

On the highest difficulty though I actually found the game played much better, between the dodging, the bursts of light to temporarily stun enemies, and whittling down their shadow shields to be able to shoot the center of their Tootsie bodies.

I hope they completely rehaul the writing, level design and gameplay. Then it might actually be worth playing.

But good for those who desperately wants to play it and especially with proper graphics.

Speaking for myself, it's something I was mildly interested in but never bothered to get on 360 because I generally avoid buying things for my consoles these days. If it were on Steam I'd buy it in a second even if I wasn't going to play it right away.

Zzoram

Releasing the PC version of a game long after your marketing dollars are spent means nobody notices and it sells poorly. Getting launch hype is really important for sales. A late release like this won't make any waves until it's 50% off.

-PXG-

...Then everyone realizes it's just a buggy console port and nothing close to what was originally shown. Oh man, the rage will be delicious.

If this means that Alan Wake threads will finally be about the game not about butt-heard PC elitists then thank god.

Also good to see more people get to experience it as its a great game.

Darkkn

Don't release the game for PC when excitement is at it's high.
Wait for hype to die down.
Release the game years later on PC.
Game doesn't sell well.
Look! Games don't sell on PC's. Not releasing the game on PC when it came out justified!
Don't release next one on PC.

trollface :>

Don't release the game for PC when excitement is at it's high.
Wait for hype to die down.
Release the game years later on PC.
Game doesn't sell well.
Look! Games don't sell on PC's. Not releasing the game on PC when it came out justified!
Don't release next one on PC.

trollface :>

That's the old world order. The new world order, where Steam has nearly 5 million concurrent users and makes people shitloads of cold hard cash makes this a lot less likely.

-PXG-

It being a storydriven and linear game has nothing to do with it being on consoles.

Uh...what? Yeah, you're right. I didn't say anything close to that though.

The game itself will still be good, but graphics will be marginally better (console port) and I'd expect a few bugs, or two (console port). Oh, assuming it's gonna use GFWL...well, that's self explanatory right there.

derFeef

Uh...what? Yeah, you're right. I didn't say anything close to that though.

The game itself will still be good, but graphics will be marginally better (console port) and I'd expect a few bugs, or two (console port). Oh, assuming it's gonna use GFWL...well, that's self explanatory right there.

I assumed with "what was originally shown" you meant the open world approach. Sorry, then.

Kick ass!! Will double-dip
on sale
for "Children of the Elder God," on Nightmare, in 1080p/60fps with my 5.1 setup blasting.

comfy couch

Edit: one thing, though. Please please please fix the collectables. It needs to at least show you counts based on chapter or zone or something. Finding those last few with no shred of a clue where they were in the game was just a bridge too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom