• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake Remaster leaked, launches on October 5, 2021 for Xbox, PS4, and PS5 (Up: Confirmed)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As spotted by Wario64 on Twitter (definitely drop a follow) Alan Wake Remastered was outed on Rakuten Taiwan, complete with an October 5 launch date. Our sources have confirmed to us that this is indeed real, and the game was slated to be revealed in the very near future regardless. Wario64 discovered store listings for Xbox, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. It's natural to assume this will also come to PC, too.

22135870244334_213.jpg

oh boy dunk GIF

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
unless they are going back and remaking the game to be like it’s originally intended open world thriller, keep it in the trash bin where it belongs. This is up there as one of the most over hyped, underdelivered, well documented train wrecks of a game ever made.

elliot5

ive been wanting to visit alan wake after almost finishing quantum break (and playing some of Control). Maybe after I finish QB and Control lol

Didn’t know people were asking for this. Guess it’s an easy way for Remedy to grab some sales, hopefully it’s an impressive use of the new consoles and not just an unlocked re-release.

Wasn’t very impressed with the game, but the flashlight tech was cool.

Zones

A little short notice isn't it?
Wouldn’t matter as it will most likely be free for PS5 owners (with active PS+ subscription).
I enjoyed it when it came out but I don't care to play it again. This better not be on the ps event lol.
True if it was just a typical reveal, but announcing the reveal alongside the fact it would be free for PS5 (PS+) owners during the Halloween month of October should make quite a few people happy.

Concern

Wouldn’t matter as it will most likely be free for PS5 owners (with active PS+ subscription).

True if it was just a typical reveal, but announcing the reveal alongside the fact it would be free for PS5 (PS+) owners during the Halloween month of October should make quite a few people happy.

Free is always great. It just doesn't excite me at all. Now if its announced with news of a sequel , Im in for that.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I've been thinking about replaying this, great game, this will seriously enhance the experience.

Withnail

Odd that there's no mention of a publisher, it would be quite a gamble for Remedy to self-publish a physical version on multiple platforms, assuming they even have the means to do that.

Holammer

I hate how the game clearly telegraphs enemies and because of that there was only one time when I actually jumped. At one point before you cross the bridge there's a big arena fight where one of the enemies got stuck in the geometry and later wriggled loose after the fight, this unbeknownst to me as I was busy collecting loot. So one of the shades walks up and swings an axe, I damn near crap myself from the scare.
But it's a competent game and Barry (Alan's agent) felt like a genuine character.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
Remaster? I hoped for a remake :(
Remasters dont do much for a PC.
Yeah remaster is more like 4k60 and bit better textures. Pc is 4k120 for years on Alan wake.

Remake would mean re making assets like demon's souls

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
They likely just going to port it to the version of Northlight they used for Control. Its all bespoke tech so the toolchain is likely quite compatible and most of the effects are already implemented in the AWE expansion, so seems like an easy choice.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
It’s a 11 year old game, literally nobody is upset about that lol. It’s actually a good thing as it makes a sequel more likely.
No way, bro. Look at what some people are saying:

Remedy just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Alan Wake for either system, nor will they purchase any of Remedy's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Remedy has alienated an entire market with this move.

Remedy, publicly apologize and cancel Alan Wake for PlayStation or you can kiss your business goodbye.

This is crazy man!

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
It's leaked a month before it actually releases? That's an interesting marketing strategy...?

Presumably they haven't done much to the game, if they had they'd have to make sure it sold?

Whatever the case, I loved AW, interested to see what this is.

SkylineRKR

Its a good game, presented as an episodic thriller. Gameplay is very bare bones though. I played it rather far on GP before dropping it. Doesn't come close to Control but I might give it another whirl once its remastered with better IQ and framerate.

Little Chicken

Gold Member
Oh my God, yes!

I just hope they've worked on the textures a little, by far the biggest issue with the game visually.

I'm excited that more people get to play AW and that it'll suddenly become a good game instead of being ignored 👏

jaysius

Banned
Day 1 Gamepass or meh.

it was a great game but I tried going back to it and it didn’t age so well.

Quantum Break is when this company peaked, Control was a bunch of steps back. Every game before QB were training wheels/stumbling blocks, their games we’re getting progressively better until their latest meh fest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom