• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake Remaster leaked, launches on October 5, 2021 for Xbox, PS4, and PS5 (Up: Confirmed)

Droxcy

Hope its a complete remaster will play Day 1 on PC if it looks good. The game is something else!

intbal

A remaster? Buy the same game all over again?
No thanks, Remedy. My X360 copy works through backwards compatibility.
I wouldn't be opposed to some FPS Boost, though, Microsoft.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
A remaster? Buy the same game all over again?
No thanks, Remedy. My X360 copy works through backwards compatibility.
I wouldn't be opposed to some FPS Boost, though, Microsoft.
You would be boosting a 540p game to 60fps assuming they can even figure out how to boost 360 games. This game actually needs a remaster.

kiphalfton

There's something about this game that just didn't click with me. Which is unfortunate, as I really wanted to like the game as the atmosphere is great.

If there's a free PC update, I'll probably try it out, but if not I don't see the point of paying for it when it's been free or cheap for a long time now. Unless of course there's ray tracing, graphics have been overhauled, etc. (i.e. a remaster on par with the quality of Saints Row 3 remaster).

skit_data

I bought the original Alan Wake and tried it. Felt dated and I wasn’t impressed by the gameplay. I like Control a lot though, so a remaster with some QoL improvements might be worth checking out.

Hawk269

I loved it when it came out on the 360....but playing it now on Series X via BC it is just way too low resolution....so while we don't have details, I am hoping for Native 4k/60fps. I also agree with others that a full remake would be preferred, but with Covid and all the other shit, I think that is way too much that Remedy would want to invest into. Still looking forward to this...love this game.

intbal

You would be boosting a 540p game to 60fps assuming they can even figure out how to boost 360 games. This game actually needs a remaster.
Yeah, I've played it several times. I'm fine with the image produced by the temporal reconstruction in Alan Wake.

Day 1 Gamepass or meh.

it was a great game but I tried going back to it and it didn’t age so well.

Quantum Break is when this company peaked, Control was a bunch of steps back. Every game before QB were training wheels/stumbling blocks, their games we’re getting progressively better until their latest meh fest.
Ehh I disagree. I think Control was a ton of fun and I liked the protagonist.

Stuart360

Probably the best Remedy game post Max Payne, but still tedious and boring imo.
I wont be playing this again.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Nice! I own the backward compatible version in series x, but i dont feel like playing that game at 540p 30 fps. Great game though, one of my faves on the 360

Last edited:

Kydd BlaZe

Playing this in 1080p 60fps after initially playing through it on 360 was a revolution at the time (2013 was when I built my first PC). I would play it all over again with a 4K facelift and remastered textures.

Cool and creepy atmosphere, and it had a different idea for a game. But as I recall, the gameplay was kind of tedious and often frustrating to me, with some bad boss fights and some super annoying birds for example.

Would be interesting to try it again though to see if I'd enjoy the gameplay more today.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I think it came out very near to god of war 3.
I had 360 at the time and Alan wake blew me away. I replayed it few times also on pc. Love it.
Lol there is Xbox 360 in one of the levels. Wonder of they will leave it in

I kinda want to replay gos of war 3 now ;p

Last edited:

Moses85

giphy.gif

Gameplay was and still is bad.
Grapic was great. Played and finished it once.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Gameplay was and still is bad.
Grapic was great. Played and finished it once.

I agree completely.
For the time, the graphics were very good. But gameplay and combat was bad.
It also had a decent atmosphere to it.
I didn't find the story particularly engaging.
I never managed to finish it.

Luipadre

loved the original but i just played through the 360 version again a few months ago. Im not buying this unless it comes to ps+

Cant wait for the sequel tho

I’ll wishlist it and wait for a sale.

Never had a high opinion of the original game, but I appreciate its existence and would be open to a return by Remedy given how good Control turned out.

An X-Files like paranormal survival horror set in the PNW? I can only get so erect.

Top Bottom