• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake Remaster leaked, launches on October 5, 2021 for Xbox, PS4, and PS5 (Up: Confirmed)

Wizz-Art

This game is worse than finding out you have herpes.

So you are telling us you got herpes...

Excuse Me What GIF

HotPocket69

Banned
Hopefully the running stamina is tweaked a bit and the perfect dodge is a little less wonky this time around.

It’d be damn near perfect if those were updated.

Last edited:

ShadowNate

The main game was alright. I remember the early hype and tech they showcased for this. Eventually they had to severely reduce the scope for it -- maybe this worked in favor of a well told story and mood.
I thought the DLCs were boring and disappointing. I never played American Nightmare.

I do think that visually it holds up very nicely still. Anyway, I hope the remaster works out for them.

cHaOs667

Played and enjoyed it twice - will not pay or play it a third time. It was a great experienced 11 years ago, but the gameplay and controls had its issues.

This game needs a Remake, not a Remaster. Will skip it this time.

pqueue

Wish they could have included more trees on the mountains/hillsides

living in the PNW, that always bothered me in the original game

I just played this for the first time a few months ago when it was still on GamePass. It was ok, but I didn't love it. No urge to replay it.
It’s one of my all-time favs. Mostly the story and atmosphere of the game. Score was great too. Enjoyed the gameplay too, though. It has a few short films that added to the game a bit abd the collector’s edition came with a book. Was very cool.

Larxia

Wtf is wrong with his face.
And where is HDR. This is a joke
His face looks really wrong indeed, super weird.
Plenty of people defend it by saying "he looks more like the actor now", but I don't think it does at all lol It just looks different, but still not like the actor, so that's not an actual excuse.

Last edited:

sertopico

His face looks really wrong indeed, super weird.
Plenty of people defend it by saying "he looks more like the actor now", but I don't think it does at all lol It just looks different, but still not like the actor, so that's not an actual excuse.
Looks much more like the actual actor, just a litle bit older.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

That soundtrack!
Im gonna end up triple dipping on this game arent I.
Already went through the X360 version at launch
Played the PC version for the better experience.
Now looks like ill be EGS for the remaster.

pqueue

it is obvious Alan Wake 2 is in the works, and given what they did with Control, we KNOW HDR and ray tracing will be a core features of the game.

Shmunter

Assuming no crazy lameness and reviews jive, think I may pop for it if there is a proper PS5 version with duals sense. Control was a revelation in melding gameplay with physical feedback.

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

Doesn't the XSS/XSX have auto HDR for games that doesn't offer it? I think it does and it's doing a good job normally with the games I tried.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I see it's up on the PS store for pre order at £25, gotta say I'm very tempted but I'll wait to see how big an improvement it is and the reviews before purchasing

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Remedy Entertainment is one of the top names in the video game industry, and a lot of it can be attributed to the developer’s consistency in putting out quality titles for over a decade at this point. Remedy has shown a penchant for creating games that veer from stereotypes both in terms of gameplay and story, and few games carry that “Remedy charm” better than Alan Wake.

A remaster of this fan-favorite title is due to release soon, and comes just in time when rumors of Alan Wake 2 entering production have surfaced. This makes it an opportune time to revisit the classic, and here are 15 things you need to know before grabbing the game.

SkylineRKR

Clarity has insanely improved but it does reveal some low detail objects and stuff.

I think I'll bite. I didn't enjoy AW that much on GP but mostly because of the gameplay. The atmosphere etc was spot on. Its also a fair price, these days I expect full whack for about anything remastered lol

ShadowNate

I wasn't a fan of the old face, but the new face is also weird looking so I guess that's consistency.

Did they increase the overall ambient lighting? In the comparison above, the original looks a lot more dark (maybe a tad darker than it should have been), but the remastered areas (and the AW model) definitely looks brighter. The darker version helps with defining details -- but I'm unsure it the original looked like that by default.

Also somehow the scattered pages look written in the original and blank (maybe too blurred?) in the remastered.

rofif

Banned
I definitely prefer the look of the original.

Yep. Alan wake looks like a derp in remaster. Original looked better and closer to actor. And the animations are change running is a bit different and stiffer?!
I would much prefer original 4k60 with just HDR

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Yep. Alan wake looks like a derp in remaster. Original looked better and closer to actor. And the animations are change running is a bit different and stiffer?!
I would much prefer original 4k60 with just HDR
The new one looks closer to the actor. They probably scanned him again so that makes him look older. The old scan could be 15 years old.

Last edited:
Top Bottom