• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake Remaster leaked, launches on October 5, 2021 for Xbox, PS4, and PS5 (Up: Confirmed)

tenebre

cKiPqke.png

Starfield

A friend told me he knows the coding department of that studio who is doing the remaster and they have no clue what they're doing. Like every remaster they do is a complete mess, unfortunately

they also have no understanding of how to use shaders

Last edited:

Killer8

I don't even think it looks that much closer to the real actor. Ilkka Villi's eyelids are not that exposed in real life. He looks high in the game.

I didn't realize how poor the contrast in the Remaster is until now. They've sucked a whole layer of dark atmosphere from the game.

Like what the fuck is this? Where is the lighting?

awakepzj2z.png

It's like if you compare the real Silent Hill 2 with the botched HD collection.

Starfield

My uncle works at Nintendo
He really does. No, just kidding of course. The friend of mine is just a freelance coder and thats what he told me but who knows if what he said is true. I also don't care much as long as the game is good. Who cares how the code underneath looks like.

The team responsible for this remake must not have ever actually played the game.
Darkness is the main character. They have nearly removed that character from the game.
what do you mean?

Last edited:

Killer8

He really does. No, just kidding of course. The friend of mine is just a freelance coder and thats what he told me but who knows if what he said is true. I also don't care much as long as the game is good. Who cares how the code underneath looks like.

what do you mean?

The evil in the game is literally called the 'darkness' and is enveloping the world and taking control of the enemies. That's why the original atmosphere is so dark and gloomy.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I’ll wait until this is free on EGS. I played the DLC for the first time this year, and the gameplay has not aged well. Good news is, this must mean Alan Wake 2 is coming at some point.

kiphalfton

I like Alan wake and they ruined it. Not my fault ok ? I can't let people like this shit lol
People just want you to be quiet, and not voice when you're disappointed. Meanwhile they're in another thread complaining about something even more stupid. You do you rofif.

Maybe if we get enough people to complain about this botch job, they actually release an update that is serviceable.

I think it's no coincidence this was announced like a month before release. Clearly if it had been announced further back, the backlash would have likely pushed the devs to implement changes and actually make the game look serviceable.

I think what is going to happen with this game is the devs probably hope enough people buy it before an influx of reports come out saying the port is a botched. Then when sales start to nosedive and/or flatline the devs will probably say they're working on updates and to expect them "soon". This seems like "that type of game".

Last edited:
I agree the new face looks weird, but I only ever borrowed the original game on 360, so I’ll probably just get this version. Playing the really low resolution 360 version with ghosting from the checkerboard rendering isn’t my first choice, I rather play in 4K/60 or whatever resolution the XSX will have. Also I’m guessing an Alan Wake 2 will have a face scan similar to this so I may as well get used to it.

Wizz-Art

Got the game pre-ordered at this site Eneba which was mentioned in this thread, first time buying something from that site. It's an Argentinian digital redeem code which will be given to me when the game releases on the 5th. Paid just €6.95 for it.

kiphalfton

Got the game pre-ordered at this site Eneba which was mentioned in this thread, first time buying something from that site. It's an Argentinian digital redeem code which will be given to me when the game releases on the 5th. Paid just €6.95 for it.
That's like $8 USD. How much does this turd coat full price? $20?

ps4 code?

kiphalfton

I don't even think it looks that much closer to the real actor. Ilkka Villi's eyelids are not that exposed in real life. He looks high in the game.

I didn't realize how poor the contrast in the Remaster is until now. They've sucked a whole layer of dark atmosphere from the game.

awakepzj2z.png

And to think I was expecting ray tracing in this game. I feel like I was expecting waaaay too much from this remaster.

bender

What time is it?

awakepzj2z.png

Tomm-Hulett.jpg

horkrux

awakepzj2z.png

oh no where are my crushed blacks

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Got this preordered on PSN. Don't care about faces and shit. Hope my purchase paves the way for a sequel.

To the ones saying the gameplay hasn't aged well... The gameplay wasn't ever good to begin with. You can clearly tell that a linar action adventure was not what Remedy had in mind when they started to make this game and that they push the supposedly Open World gameplay into a linar game very late in the development. Guess this is also the reason why the both DLCs are much more fun to play than the main game.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I don't only enjoy action games, but the first couple hours of the original game, while cool, (solid writing) couldn't hook me. Would anyone say it picks up at all, or is that the general gist of it?

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I don't only enjoy action games, but the first couple hours of the original game, while cool, (solid writing) couldn't hook me. Would anyone say it picks up at all, or is that the general gist of it?
No, if you didn't like the first couple of hours the game's just not your cup of tea I guess.

intbal

Eurogamer is playing it live on PS5 on Youtube. I don't recommend any playstation gamers watch it because of spoilers, but it's a good streaming game.

Top Bottom