• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake Trailer is Almost here!!! Let's Get in Here and all wait together!!!

Jswanko

~Kinggi~ said:
Lmao, everything about this game is complete failure.
believe.jpg

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
~Kinggi~ said:
Lmao, everything about this game is complete failure.

Actually...no.

I'm sure it's just Microsoft holding back on releasing the trailer to a game that may release midway through 2009--especially after you consider their new circa. E3 2006 policy of not showing media of any games releasing beyond the holidays.

I'm sure after Fable II and Gears of War 2 are out the door Microsoft will officially release the trailer.

~Kinggi~

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:
Actually...no.

I'm sure it's just Microsoft holding back on releasing the trailer to a game that may release midway through 2009--especially after you consider their new circa. E3 2006 policy of not showing media of any games releasing beyond the holidays.

I'm sure after Fable II and Gears of War 2 are out the door Microsoft will officially release the trailer.
Yeah i certainly hope so, but everything has been disappointment thus far.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
~Kinggi~ said:
Yeah i certainly hope so, but everything has been disappointment thus far.
You mean everything about this trailer we still haven't seen?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
~Kinggi~ said:
No, everything surrounding Alan Wake in general. No news, no nothing.
Oh, you mean the lack of information. I agree, I wonder who's holding back now... MS or Remedy.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
jj984jj said:
Oh, you mean the lack of information. I agree, I wonder who's holding back now... MS or Remedy.

Like I mentioned earlier, it's very likely Microsoft. Judging by their tendency to not release information on games coming out in the following year for the past two years, Microsoft is the culprit. But they're doing this with good reason: they don't want to detract attention from their premiere titles, and rightfully so. Fable II, Gears of War 2, and Banjo should get the attention they deserve without being overshadowed by a title gamers likely won't see for another half-a-year. And that goes for third-party games this year too--Mirror's Edge and Dead Space deserve a chance to shine as well.

Yet, for selfish reasons of course, I want to see the trailer NOW.

dirtmonkey37 said:
Like I mentioned earlier, it's very likely Microsoft. Judging by their tendency to not release information on games coming out in the following year for the past two years, Microsoft is the culprit. But they're doing this with good reason: they don't want to detract attention from their premiere titles, and rightfully so. Fable II, Gears of War 2, and Banjo should get the attention they deserve without being overshadowed by a title gamers likely won't see for another half-a-year. And that goes for third-party games this year too--Mirror's Edge and Dead Space deserve a chance to shine as well.

Yet, for selfish reasons of course, I want to see the trailer NOW.

not really selfish reasons.....

GrayFoxPL

Max Payne 1&2 were pretty revolutionary games. Also best movie like experience and script on the market. I expect Alan Wake to be stellar, nothing less.

Still I almost forgot what's the game all about. I remember Twin Peaks setting and mood, and a tornado.

I must ask this:

Does the game have shooting gameplay? Did devs said anything about gameplay mechanics? Anyone know?

AmMortal

Banned
Ohly crap. this game :lol

Where is it?

Wheeeerrrrreee iiiiiiiiisss Alan Wake, Aaaalaaaannn Waaaakkkeee, Where on earth could he beeeee..

I get the feeling Alan Wake wants to educate us in Geography...

DMeisterJ

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:
Actually...no.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with the game, but if that was the case, not releasing media of games coming out after the holidays, why did we see Halo 3: Recon at TGS 08? That's not coming out until next fall. And we have info on the game.

Does this new policy only refer to E3 or to releasing media about games releasing after Holidays in general, cause if it is applied to all games, then we should have gotten something on A.W. by now.

MidiSurf

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
No, everything surrounding Alan Wake in general. No news, no nothing.

Game isn't ready yet and it won't be any time soon so what news do you need ? There is plenty of time for news when it's done. And the media blockade is most likely Remedy's decision, they are small team (around 25 people) and this is big project so it's more then reasonable to focus on actual game production.

Wizman23

Banned
I have a feeling this game never see's the light of day. Wasn't this supposed to be a launch game with the 360 back in 2005? My guess is that before Christmas we get the offcial word that this game has been cancelled.

MidiSurf

Banned
Wizman23 said:
I have a feeling this game never see's the light of day. Wasn't this supposed to be a launch game with the 360 back in 2005? My guess is that before Christmas we get the offcial word that this game has been cancelled.

This has to be a troll post :lol

or are you really that dumb ?

buffi

Banned
sebmarine said:
Just saw the trailer. Day one.
Yeah, that was the coolest shit I've seen in a long time.
The explosions were amazing.

The best part was
... I'm just kidding of course. I haven't seen this trailer any more than anyone in here :(

Dever

Banned
Wizman23 said:

A new trailer was shown for the first time in years like three days ago.

Yeah I sure bet it's canceled

I could go see the thing but the movie apparently sucks so I don't know

pswii60

Wizman23 said:
It was never supposed to be a launch game. MS didn't even pick up publishing rights until 2006. And Remedy just released a trailer for it at the Finnish cinemas, so why the fuck would it have been cancelled?

MidiSurf

Banned
By Jarno Kokko @ yougamers.com
The Finnish pre-screening of the new Max Payne movie was held in Helsinki last week. As we reported earlier, a rumor indicated that it was supposed to have a new trailer of Remedy's upcoming Alan Wake attached to it - and the rumors turned out to be true!

Unsurprisingly the trailer was quite impressive. There were some bits that betrayed the fact that this is all in-engine and not pre-rendered, but it was very much a cinematic trailer about the storyline and in that regard the new trailer is as mysterious as ever, teasing but not really revealing... Visually the trailer included some technological improvements over the screenshots that have been available on the official site for a while. The trailer flashed by quickly - maybe a bit over a minute - but I noticed

* Film grain effects
* Bloom effects
* Realistic fog
* Best flashlight effect I've ever seen
* Some character bits, including what I assume was Alan's wife
* Ton of fast cuts between various action sequences
* Rapid camera zooms through the hills and forests
* ...and in the end, some shadowy figures with blunt weapons
* "Alan. Wake up."

Photorealistic textures and constant play with light and shadows are still a big part as well. The town of Bright Falls seems to have also gained a ton of extra detail since the previous videos were published - it looks like a real town instead of a video game level! The trailer definitely looked like it was specifically made for movie theaters - 2.35:1 CinemaScope aspect ratio and everything - from in-game cut scenes and/or specific sequences created in-engine, so no actual gameplay was shown. If the whole game is even half as pretty as the trailer, it looks like Alan Wake will be worth the wait.

No word yet if or when the trailer will be posted elsewhere, but I got the understanding that it would be published online sooner or later.

I am looking forward to seeing more from Alan Wake but this has to be one of the most over hyped games going right now. I mean we have NOTHING to base our excitement on. We don't even know what type of game it is, when it's coming out, nothing.

border

dirtmonkey37 said:
So that means Halo Wars and Halo 3 Recon must be coming out this Christmas?

This idea that showing a "trailer" for a 2009 game is going to take away from their holiday lineup strikes me as somewhat dumb.

NeXuSDK

Manager said:
New official website, slow loading, don't know what's up on it:
http://www.alanwake.com/

edit
Seems like the new trailer is up there:
http://www.alanwake.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1805

Fantastic... while I'm not completely sold on the character models, the whole composition and presentation in that trailer bodes well for the game, I think. I'm very intrigued to learn more about how the gameplay and story is tied together...

harSon

Banned
I came in here to tell people to stop bumping this topic and giving me false hope but it seems the trailer was actually released :lol

Top Bottom