• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare |OT| Not a lake, a primordial ocean.

Alan Wake was my favorite game of that year. Remedy does storytelling like no one else. So, I like that they've improved on the enemy variety. Plus, spiders! I'm still waiting for Taken Bears :O

Can anyone explain the random red armchair near a hill in the forest? Twin Peaks reference? I remember taking a screenshot, but can't find it anymore.

So, selectable V Sync option? Does that mean it will be like Bioshock where you can maximise the framerate to above 30fps with tearing?

Either way sounds like they've been doing loads of work on the engine!

Great OT, hyped.

EagleEyes

Oh man, time to get the 360 out of the cupboard. Its Alan Wake time.
Might want to keep it out this time cause there is plenty more where Alan Wake came from on XBLA this year. Fez, Deadlight, Trials Evolution, Minecraft and Spelunky will be calling your name soon.

V_Ben

Banned
Might want to keep it out this time cause there is plenty more where Alan Wake came from on XBLA this year. Fez, Deadlight, Trials Evolution, Minecraft and Spelunky will be calling your name soon.

Last time I got it out was Bastion :) Fez is also on my list, Deadlight doesn't interest me in the slightest, but Trials might just grab me. I'm silver only though, so I'm only really interested in single player stuff on XBLA :) Breaks my heart that Iron Brigade doesn't have split screen, otherwise I'd totally have bought that.

V_Ben

Banned
you have a 360? wow
:p

Oh come on, I don't look like that much of a fanboy do I? I should really stop posting in those XBLA promotion threads, I tend to get a bit spirited in those :p

I'm Viewtiful Ben on XBL :)

Edit: Whoops, I suppose that shows how long its been since I used my 360's online mode. I don't think I've even updated it to the new UI.

Hey, I grabbed one of the avatars if it's okay - thank you.

I hope that the reported 5/6 hour length is actually that, I've been craving some more Alan Wake for ages.

Grisby

is the original available as a cheap download on 360 anywhere still?

i should probably play that one first...
Well, I looked and it's 30 bucks onlone in MS's Games on Demand deal. You could probably get a disc version at GameStop or something for a lot cheaper.

Daigoro

Well, I looked and it's 30 bucks onlone in MS's Games on Demand deal. You could probably get a disc version at GameStop or something for a lot cheaper.

thanks. looks like there are a bunch of codes up for sale on Ebay alot cheaper.

ill probably go that route at some point.

aFIGurANT

Alan Wake was my favorite game of that year. Remedy does storytelling like no one else. So, I like that they've improved on the enemy variety. Plus, spiders! I'm still waiting for Taken Bears :O

Can anyone explain the random red armchair near a hill in the forest? Twin Peaks reference? I remember taking a screenshot, but can't find it anymore.

Good catch on the twin peaks, you are probably correct in some aspect...although the only red chair I remember for sure was by the power plant on that one barge-cargo-thing. It had a story excerpt (the manuscript pages) that was somehow related in a vague way to more than just AW if I remember right. Definitely like the idea that this is a mood piece and the exposition is going to be scaled back in favor of the 'cult-horror' vein.

Dresden

Wasn't a big fan of Alan Wake, but I'll probably get this. Hope the combat really is more varied and interesting than the last outing.

overcast

This comes out next week? Wow, I didn't even know it would be this soon.

I haven't played the 1st game's DLC, so I'll have to wait. I really enjoyed Alan Wake, though it was definitely flawed.

aDDiKt24

Banned
DAY 1!

Though not a big fan of the Rock music from the asguards. Much prefer Bowie/Orbison. Please please please give me something in a similar vein.

This comes out next week? Wow, I didn't even know it would be this soon.

I haven't played the 1st game's DLC, so I'll have to wait. I really enjoyed Alan Wake, though it was definitely flawed.

I haven't played the DLC either, but it doesn't seem essential to play.

Teh Sex! Adding to OP, thanks!

Alan Wake week is about to begin, and this thrilling climax better sell damn well. games like this SHOULD exist on XBLA, and more Alan Wake needs to happen after this.

that trailer has me so pumped right now... and it doesn't even have Mr Scratch in it.

derFeef

Alan Wake week is about to begin, and this thrilling climax better sell damn well. games like this SHOULD exist on XBLA, and more Alan Wake needs to happen after this.

that trailer has me so pumped right now... and it doesn't even have Mr Scratch in it.

But the Night Springs narrator :) He sounds a bit different not coming out of a rubbish TV, though.

But the Night Springs narrator :) He sounds a bit different not coming out of a rubbish TV, though.

oh, i love the trailer. just didn't think a trailer without Mr Scratch would get me so excited. he's been the high point of everything released so far imho.

FGMPR

Banned
"Available: 17 February 2012
This game will unlock in approximately 1 hour"

Then let me buy it already, Steam!

The Rod Serling narrator is awesome.

I'm still trying to determine if this is still in Alan's head or if it's in real-world Arizona that's been twisted by the Darkness.

Top Bottom