• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce comes out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExpandKong

Banned
tenor.gif

CavK6jx.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's nothing but pure narcissism.

But we live in a society of cowards who are to scared call this attitude out for what it is, so congrats to her I guess.

How is it narcissism because you are talking about your life in a public way? People have always done this? It's called an autobiography. Now it's just 1,000x shorter and more frequent.

ExpandKong

Banned
How is it narcissism because you are talking about your life in a public way? People have always done this? It's called an autobiography. Now it's just 1,000x shorter and more frequent.

That’s how it’s narcissism.

And she didn’t write an autobiography dude, she essentially picked up a megaphone and said “Hey, I’ve decided to tell all of you about my technically radical sexual preferences during this, the most marketable month to do so.”

Last edited:

Rikoi

The first time I read her post about "consulting her LGBT friends about her sexuality" it looked to me like she went to a supermarket to choose the right gender, she would have known ages ago if she was bisexual. Also saying I'm attracted to men, women, trans.... and "queer". I still don't understand what a queer is, (isn't it basically the same as a lesbian or gay?looks like a redundant term), looks to me she threw that word there just for internet points, it doesn't look genuine, same reason why she capitalized "babes of all kinds", adding "it's a huge win for me", basically saying I can make every follower happy.
Also if she got 82k likes I guess people care lol

Last edited:

Data Ghost

I feel I need to be open and honest about something. I am straight and white. I know, I know, oh and i am also privileged. Basically the most unpopular combination out there if you believe Twitter.

mckmas8808

That’s how it’s narcissism.

And she didn’t write an autobiography dude, she essentially picked up a megaphone and said “Hey, I’ve decided to tell all of you about my technically radical sexual preferences during this, the most marketable month to do so.”

So what?! What's the big deal. It's her page. It's what social media was designed for. I'm confused as why anybody here would have 1% of an issue with this.

ExpandKong

Banned
So what?! What's the big deal. It's her page. It's what social media was designed for. I'm confused as why anybody here would have 1% of an issue with this.

She’s allowed to publicly broadcast her bedroom situation, we’re allowed to publicly mock that decision. Who gives a shit? Why do you care enough to comment on my caring enough to comment?

Saruhashi

Banned

Hold up. You can't have it both ways (LOL phrasing!).

On one hand you appreciate that she has decided to make this info public.
To publicly make this announcement.

On the other hand you are whining because we, the public, are discussing said announcement.

Alanah: "I should make this announcement public."
McKmas8808: "but then the damn public will discuss the announcement! Damn them all!"
Alanah: "Well... duh."

It's a big deal enough for her to make a very public announcement but not a big deal enough for the public, she announced it to, to want to talk about it.
Bit of a contradiction there?

Plus, Pansexual as a concept is interesting.
Not bisexual.
However trans women are women and trans men are men so liking both is bisexuality.
Unless trans women aren't women and trans men aren't men in which case yes a separate category is needed.
This also seems a bit contradictory.

We, the public, must not discuss this public announcement though. No way. Not ever.
Making public announcements = good.
Talking about public announcements = bad.

On the pansexual thing again.
Could you name 5 other sexes or genders outside of the Big Four (M, F, tM, tF)?
Since you seem to know a lot about all this.

JLB

Banned
I don't believe anyone who says they are pansexual. They're almost always in straight relationships or maybe they talk about being with a same-sex partner in the past. Never anyone trans or nonbinary though.

I know many, many pansexuals. I'd say its much more common of what people believe.

Saruhashi

Banned
I know many, many pansexuals. I'd say its much more common of what people believe.

I guess my question would be how can one know for sure that one is pansexual?

Straight, Gay, Lesbian and Bi are pretty easy. You like dudes or chicks or both. Simple.

Pansexual is basically "I can be attracted to any gender" but this assumes that there will never be a gender that you will not be attracted to.
So it looks back into being bisexual actually but also wanting to cover any bases so as to not offend anyone.

Say there are 1 million genders or 1 thousand. However many.
As soon as one finds a gender where one says "actually I am not into that" then one is no longer pansexual.
Agreed?

So it's basically a made up orientation that doesn't have the same commitment or social baggage as gay, lesbian or bi but also that covers all the bases just incase someone comes after you down the line for not being PC enough.

It's the public relations department version of "coming out".
Don't want to be straight, gay or bi because that's "exclusionary" by definition.
Pretty much just "I am open to anything... kind of."

mckmas8808

Who is she, why should I care, and why should anyone else care?

She was a well-known videogame person that worked at IGN.

Hold up. You can't have it both ways (LOL phrasing!).

On one hand you appreciate that she has decided to make this info public.
To publicly make this announcement.

On the other hand you are whining because we, the public, are discussing said announcement.

Alanah: "I should make this announcement public."
McKmas8808: "but then the damn public will discuss the announcement! Damn them all!"
Alanah: "Well... duh."

It's a big deal enough for her to make a very public announcement but not a big deal enough for the public, she announced it to, to want to talk about it.
Bit of a contradiction there?

Plus, Pansexual as a concept is interesting.
Not bisexual.
However trans women are women and trans men are men so liking both is bisexuality.
Unless trans women aren't women and trans men aren't men in which case yes a separate category is needed.
This also seems a bit contradictory.

We, the public, must not discuss this public announcement though. No way. Not ever.
Making public announcements = good.
Talking about public announcements = bad.

On the pansexual thing again.
Could you name 5 other sexes or genders outside of the Big Four (M, F, tM, tF)?
Since you seem to know a lot about all this.

1. I'm not whining about what you guys are saying. Stop being so sensitive. My point was ONLY to the people that said "why should I care" or "who asked you" type post.
2. I never said you guys shouldn't talk about it. Reading comprehension. Learn it.
3. You're creating lies and boogymen in your head for reasons I don't understand.

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
Alanah Piercing probably needs the publicity now that she's flying solo without IGNorance so this is probably crying for attention tbh tbh.

JLB

Banned
I guess my question would be how can one know for sure that one is pansexual?

Straight, Gay, Lesbian and Bi are pretty easy. You like dudes or chicks or both. Simple.

Pansexual is basically "I can be attracted to any gender" but this assumes that there will never be a gender that you will not be attracted to.
So it looks back into being bisexual actually but also wanting to cover any bases so as to not offend anyone.

Say there are 1 million genders or 1 thousand. However many.
As soon as one finds a gender where one says "actually I am not into that" then one is no longer pansexual.
Agreed?

So it's basically a made up orientation that doesn't have the same commitment or social baggage as gay, lesbian or bi but also that covers all the bases just incase someone comes after you down the line for not being PC enough.

It's the public relations department version of "coming out".
Don't want to be straight, gay or bi because that's "exclusionary" by definition.
Pretty much just "I am open to anything... kind of."

I wouldnt make it so complicated.
Theres people that loves sex, any kind of sex, with whatever is the other person. You know, people that is attracted to woman, man, bi, trans, etc. Thats the pansexual cohort.

ExpandKong

Banned
I wouldnt make it so complicated.
Theres people that loves sex, any kind of sex, with whatever is the other person. You know, people that is attracted to woman, man, bi, trans, etc. Thats the pansexual cohort.

But if you just say you’re super horny you can’t get some of that sweet sweet Twitter cred

ZZZZ

Someone that tried to praise TLOU 2 so much while streaming it and got a lot of shit for it until she stopped streaming the game.
Lol, she went crying to twitter because some fools were trolling her?
Pathetic.

ExpandKong

Banned
This isn't just about sex though. It's more about attraction.

Dude I have a really hard time telling when people are fucking with me. My wife says I’m probably slightly autistic but I think I’m just retarded.

Anyway, that’s like saying going out for dinner is t about the food, it’s about the drive to the restaurant. Attraction is about sex, whether or not you actually have sex with everyone you’re attracted to. But now we’re just arguing semantics.

sobaka770

Banned
I'm all for people to come out and embrace their sexuality. I am not so certain that I'm all for an already quite successful person using Twitter to announce that she is bi-curious in the most proof-read text of all time?

I don't have the whole picture and maybe what she did was very hard for her, but the way it's worded is poor and the timing is just not right. I read it as a non-committal popular thing to do during a pride month and not a heartfelt difficult coming out. It is a shame that today it's hard to tell virtue signaling from authentic issue-addressing, and it makes me sad to write this but this tweet is a bit too perfect to appear genuine.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I highly doubt that she's genuinely pansexual; I don't think that she'd be turned on by a biological man with very masculine features who wears dresses, high-heel shoes, and makeup.

MacReady13

I actually really like Alanah. Think she speaks her mind and is in fact a refreshing change of pace online from most others in the gaming media space. It must be noted that I think she is a fairly attractive young lady. I have no issue with her coming out, but pansexual? Why not just bisexual? Is there a significant difference? Don't trans folks identify as men and women as well? What other genders would pansexuals be attracted to?

7DeadleeScenes

Neo Member
I dont know how relevant this is and why it must be announced. I dont go tell people i am straight it just feels its pushed onto you. Whatever you identify as do you.

Dolomite

I'm fine, are you ok? Assuming LGBT people can't take criticism or need to be pandered because they choose to come out at a time that's more accepting prompted a yikes. Iono about you but I like girs who like girls, and I couldn't give a damn if a guy likes guys

Lone Wolf

I'm fine, are you ok? Assuming LGBT people can't take criticism or need to be pandered because they choose to come out at a time that's more accepting prompted a yikes. Iono about you but I like girs who like girls, and I couldn't give a damn if a guy likes guys
You should report my post as problematic.

Dolomite

You should report my post as problematic.
Why? when we can just dialogue. I don't hate you, I'm not angry I'm just voicing how many people I know feel. The comment u made was kinda fucked, these are real people and coming out does as much damage as it offers support. We're cool though

Get well

Last edited:

Dolomite

Fixed

I mean

I'm sure they'd like people to THINK it's still like that
but it's not.
??? family ostrisizes LGBT relatives, I had friends afraid to come out, I've served in the Marine corps and it's not much better with the don't ask don't tell policy that was in effect during my time. your career( thankfully) may not be damaged but these people live lives outside of supportive Twitter comments and heart emojis.

You defeat your own argument by mocking people you don't agree with. Who asked you or anyone to pander? Because people celebrate Pride, because they celebrate being openly who they are you think we are pandering? Don't go to a pride parade of you're so scared of tending to a minorty. Problem solved

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom