• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Albion Online Goes Free-to-Play tomorrow

Helios

https://albiononline.com/en/home
Albion Online is entering a new era: on April 10, the gates will open for a plethora of new players when the game goes free-to-play. For those who've been waiting to dive in, the world of Albion is now even more accessible – and for veteran players, the options for group exploration, PvP, new refining and crafting opportunities, and economic expansion will be nearly endless.

This change will bring incredible new dimensions to the world of Albion, as a new generation of players ready to make their mark on the world enters the fray. This new blood, along with the numerous content updates planned for the coming months, will make 2019 a thrilling year for Albion, and we look forward to seeing all the creative ways players find to push the limits of the sandbox experience.

Free-2-Play FAQ

Roni

Gold Member
I heard this was trying to tap into that brutal Tibia niche at launch, with player-driven politics and etc. Is that at all where the game is at now?

angelic

Banned
I wonder if there will be some sort of small monetary transaction you may asked to partake in, a "micro" one perhaps.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Bought the game on sale one year ago on Steam, asked for a refund. Game is pretty basic with not much to do IMO

They still haven't released it on iOS. I honestly think it's close to dead and this is their last ditch effort to make some money before going under. I hope them the best, but unless that make things better in every way and release the iOS client then I might return.

Helios

It's up. Played about 2 hours of it and quite enjoyed it even if it's repetitive. The tutorial holds your hand too much. The core gameplay loop is pretty much grinding and crafting (at least until you get to the PVP part). The servers are currently overloaded and there's a really long queue. If you're looking to play it I recommend you get it on Steam since that will use Valve's servers to download the game. If you use their launcher you'll download it in about three years at the current rate.

Last edited:

Dargor

They were buy to play but had a premium account system, so I always gave it a pass, but now I might try it out. It just doesn't work for me having to buy the game, but having a system that gives advantages for someone that pays a subscription.

Top Bottom