• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Albion Online |OT| Craft. Trade. Conquer.

SRTtoZ

Do they sell everything on the marketplace? Im wondering if I get the $50 edition if I can buy that cart that lets you hold tons of materials if I sell a bit of gold? I don't want to spend $100 but I'm sort of tempted to.

Apt101

Do they sell everything on the marketplace? Im wondering if I get the $50 edition if I can buy that cart that lets you hold tons of materials if I sell a bit of gold? I don't want to spend $100 but I'm sort of tempted to.

Anything can go for sell on the AH to my understanding. A transport ox will be just fine, you just need to attain an adventurer level (the part of the destiny tree that increases no matter what you do).

Starting tomorrow, if anyone wants me to raise an ox or horse for you on my pasture I'll do it for cost. I believe they're 12.5k silver each (yep, just checked). You take it to a saddler and combine with the required other mats (lumber, last I checked) and you have a mount. It takes 24 hours to raise it. I'll feed it the veggies it needs since any bonus harvest I keep. Any given day for the foreseeable future I'll have two spaces open in my pasture.

Just PM me and we can exchange pleasantries and arrangements. My home city is Lymhurst.

Anything can go for sell on the AH to my understanding. A transport ox will be just fine, you just need to attain an adventurer level (the part of the destiny tree that increases no matter what you do).

Starting tomorrow, if anyone wants me to raise an ox or horse for you on my pasture I'll do it for cost. I believe they're 12.5k silver each (yep, just checked). You take it to a saddler and combine with the required other mats (lumber, last I checked) and you have a mount. It takes 24 hours to raise it. I'll feed it the veggies it needs since any bonus harvest I keep. Any given day for the foreseeable future I'll have two spaces open in my pasture.

Just PM me and we can exchange pleasantries and arrangements. My home city is Lymhurst.

I need to find out how to get a Stag...

This is my one true goal in this game.

Apt101

Got my T4 cleric gear. Still have a T3 cloak, but I'm working on that. Time to go farm T4 mats now I guess, maybe see if anyone needs a healer for a dungeon.

6nJJvYX.jpg

RedFox85

Hmm so I am not seeing any type of "Battle" mage or sword/sorcery combo in this game which is a shame because when its done right, I love that! Right now I am rocking a Platemail/fire staff/shield dude and he seems pretty cool. I played this game a long while ago.. and apparently I bought one of the "best Value" packs. Is there any kind of GAF guild going yet? The combat for me is the weakest link so far.

legit have no idea what i'm doing. Just been running around gathering materials trying to level my armor crafting skills. Some random guild invited me to which I accepted but if Gaf gets a guild going I'll join right away.

character name is Wonderbrah

Menome

It's been a long time since I was last playing an MMO with such an active Global chat.

Private guild-chat can't come soon enough for me.

Jolkien

Is there any trial invite ? I guess I'll wait for a free trial down the line to give it a shot, not sure how much I'd end up liking a sandbox MMO.

Super addicted to this game. Stayed up way too late last night gathering stuff to make new magic gear. Feel free to add me: my name's Ravenkin in game.

Add me too, Snakethesniper!

Can someone explain me this? In the albion guide it says:
Go into a (solo) open world dungeon

If you want to be faster instead of doing expeditions you can also go into the open world dungeons which you can find everywhere in Albion. Most of them (especially in the Tier 3 zones) are suited for solo players as well (they have a green shine on the worldmap), while the group dungeons have a blue shine.
But from my experience, the expedition give you at least 1000 silver, while the open world dungeon gives you less and they're always wiped by other players when you enter

And, second question:
Since I'll be 2 weeks away on August I still didn't activate my premium, so "project island" will have to wait. In the meantime I want to buy a T3 mount to move faster than the donkey, should I buy a Horse or a Ox? I can't find the difference other than the Ox can carry more

Menome

So, I've upgraded all my gear to Tier 3 in the starting area and I'm just doing hunting for leather to boost my bank balance up a bit before I head for the Steppes' main city.

How much would be a good amount of silver to have before I head there? About 20K?

Alastor3

My friend is sending me is Ref code before I buy the game but the link just return me to the home page of the official website.

Gin-Shiio

After initially being very lukewarm on this game mainly due to its artstyle, I must admit I have grown very fond of it solely through watching streams. The game looks like a blast to play, but I am tied up with BDO and won't commit to a second MMO.
Either way, I hope everyone able to gives this a go!

Being able to play on my phone is too good. I keep using it to check up on my sell orders in the market and crafting whenever I'm away from my PC.

Jams775

Well, the game isn't quite scratching the phantom itch SWG left me. Unless the game really opens up later on, it just feels like UO lite. Everything is too focused for me. Like, if you want to use magic then you have to use a staff. No reagents or cools spells. All the variants seem superficial to me. Is there even fishing?

It seems like the developers want people to choose an occupation of sorts but everyone I see is just doing everything themselves. I don't know...

arimanius

I'm still stuck on tier 2 since I don't know what weapon I want to focus on. My other issue is every place is so crowded. The zones are to small for 150+ people in them.

Well, the game isn't quite scratching the phantom itch SWG left me. Unless the game really opens up later on, it just feels like UO lite. Everything is too focused for me. Like, if you want to use magic then you have to use a staff. No reagents or cools spells. All the variants seem superficial to me. Is there even fishing?

It seems like the developers want people to choose an occupation of sorts but everyone I see is just doing everything themselves. I don't know...

Well, there's no way this is true. Have you tried going down multiple trees? It isn't viable at all. People would be stuck on tier 3 stuff still.

Apt101

Healed in my first dungeon. Forgot to change my helmet/cowl ability to something more suitable for a healer. It's more challenging than other MMO)'s I have played the role in, but fun, and by the midpoint of our journey I was in a groove.

SRTtoZ

If I buy the epic package is there a way to upgrade to Legendary if I change my mind later?

The answer is no if anyone was wondering.

When running in the open world mob camps / dungeons, basically who gets the silver is the player that engages the enemy first? Same thing for the bosses? Talking about a "no-in-party" scenario

Menome

When running in the open world mob camps / dungeons, basically who gets the silver is the player that engages the enemy first? Same thing for the bosses? Talking about a "no-in-party" scenario

It's based on greatest amount of damage done. So whomever attacks first has an advantage as they're getting their percentage up for a second or two before anyone else joins in.

LProtag

Started a farm and a pasture. No idea if this is cost efficient or spreading myself too thin, but it's not like I'm going to just have a bunch of lumberyards on my island, haha.

If I buy the epic package is there a way to upgrade to Legendary if I change my mind later?

The answer is no if anyone was wondering.

Yeah you can. Log in on the main page, click SHOP on the top banner, and on the third row down you should see the upgrade options.

SRTtoZ

Yeah you can. Log in on the main page, click SHOP on the top banner, and on the third row down you should see the upgrade options.

Really? I thought this was only if you were a Founder? If true I'm going to buy the Epic and maybe upgrade if I want the extra shit.

Fuck it, I'm going to grab the Legendary regardless. Here I come.

arimanius

Finally decided that I should decide on what weapons I want to use lol.

So for dps/pvp I got my guy to tier 4 claymore, and tier 3 cloth helm, tier 3 leather chest and boots.
For tanking I just got tier 3 full plate, with tier 3 mace and shield.

I'm probably screwing myself for trying to do both but I'm enjoying both right now.

Now I need to start my island. Haven't even placed it yet.

RedFox85

Finally decided that I should decide on what weapons I want to use lol.

So for dps/pvp I got my guy to tier 4 claymore, and tier 3 cloth helm, tier 3 leather chest and boots.
For tanking I just got tier 3 full plate, with tier 3 mace and shield.

I'm probably screwing myself for trying to do both but I'm enjoying both right now.

Now I need to start my island. Haven't even placed it yet.

I hear you my man, I can't decide on gear at all! I am T4 Cloth and Plate. So my current build is T4 ICE Staff T4 Cloth helm T4 plate body/boots. I also have a T4 Shield. I ran a dungeon earlier with a big group, was nice being able to off tank, even while I was in T3 gear at the time with the rest of the group in T4 I didn't die.

The weapons are the area where I am struggling I don't know which I want to stick with.. I have had some fun with the sword but I have a fire staff a healing staff and the ice staff I keep playing around with. I watched a few videos earlier today of dual daggers and that also looked like great fun.. but the rogue types seem so overly squishy in dungeon play, they were dead constantly.

Apt101

Started a farm and a pasture. No idea if this is cost efficient or spreading myself too thin, but it's not like I'm going to just have a bunch of lumberyards on my island, haha.

Focus on stock piling veggies before starting too many animals (like two at a time for the first few days is fine). And save your focus for watering plants and nurturing livestock.

LProtag

Focus on stock piling veggies before starting too many animals (like two at a time for the first few days is fine). And save your focus for watering plants and nurturing livestock.

I've got 6 carrots and 3 beans going. Once I get my lumbermill up I'm going to start selling pine planks I think, and hopefully between selling those and axes I'll make some decent silver to fund this.

HowZatOZ

Banned
It seems we have enough interest in the game to warrant a guild I'd say. I'll look into setting one up today when I get a chance and send through invites to folks who've mentioned usernames. Otherwise when it is up you can just message Eorl for an invite when it's active. I'll go with the age ol' Glory and Fortune and make sure the crest is actually half decent ;)

Ok, I believe I've added every person in this thread who's given their username! I'm Ravenkin, so don't ignore my invite. Or do, if you're a monster :p

I can craft up to T3 cloth gear and magic staves. Just bought my island and am trying to figure out how to build a house and farm.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Alright official guild is now active, search Glory and Fortune in the guild tab to get an invite or send me (Eorl) a message to get an invite if I am online :)

SRTtoZ

Ill let you guys know my in game name tomorrow when I actually buy it. I told myself I was going to wait but I just can't anymore. Got the Diablo 3 out of my system and will start playing tomorrow.

KKRT00

Anyone knows what up with some frame freezes from time to time?
Is it related to server performance or current build of the game?

ExInferus

Got my T4 cleric gear. Still have a T3 cloak, but I'm working on that. Time to go farm T4 mats now I guess, maybe see if anyone needs a healer for a dungeon.

is that the staff with the shield spell on E? Seems really underwhelming on paper. 30 sec cd right?

Top Bottom