• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Albion Online |OT| Craft. Trade. Conquer.

Quonny

Nevermind. PVP sucks.

It's just a roaming squad of 3-4 players ganking and stealing all your shit. If it was 1v1 it could be fun and enjoyable. But this isn't fun at all.

It's happened already twice this morning. Not having a chance to do anything, just one stun and ganked to death. Might be done with the game. Lost all my shit twice after farming for hours. 100k+ worth of stuff both times. And since you need to engage with the system if you ever want to farm anything above T4, meh.

Nevermind. PVP sucks.

It's just a roaming squad of 3-4 players ganking and stealing all your shit. If it was 1v1 it could be fun and enjoyable. But this isn't fun at all.

It's happened already twice this morning. Not having a chance to do anything, just one stun and ganked to death. Might be done with the game. Lost all my shit twice after farming for hours. 100k+ worth of stuff both times. And since you need to engage with the system if you ever want to farm anything above T4, meh.

Where were you at and what were you trying to accomplish? If you need to run through a red zone to get to another city ask someone to go out with you. KKRT and I make runs to other cities a lot.

Are you in the GAF guild/Discord?

Quonny

Where were you at and what were you trying to accomplish? If you need to run through a red zone to get to another city ask someone to go out with you. KKRT and I make runs to other cities a lot.

Are you in the GAF guild/Discord?

I am, but no, I was gathering. Steppe region.

I know it comes with the territory, but the number of gank squads just roaming the red zones picking off solo players is pretty nuts. At least 2-3 squads on each map at a time. And since you literally drop everything it's incredibly discouraging. It's either engage with the systems or gather T4 in the safer zones until your eyes bleed then either sell/transmute them to the higher tiers.

I was in the red zones last night. I wear T3 gear with my T3 spear out there. Not going to sacrifice my T5 and 4.1 items.

I also (sometimes) use my Ox. Definitely don't bring a mount you don't want to lose. I equip a spear (even though I use a bow) because the spear adds a 2nd sprint skill. Between that, and run, and my invisible ability all I have to do is keep an eye out for flashing red names appearing on the edge of the screen. If I see that I drop what I'm doing and smash on those skills and get the hell out of dodge.

Haven't been killed yet but it's definitely only a matter of time. Keep it up, you'll be fine. Remember, the most important thing is to wear only what you don't care about losing. My brother ran out to a black zone in full T5 and was killed instantly. Good learning lesson albeit a pricy one.

KKRT00

I was in the red zones last night. I wear T3 gear with my T3 spear out there. Not going to sacrifice my T5 and 4.1 items.

I also (sometimes) use my Ox. Definitely don't bring a mount you don't want to lose. I equip a spear (even though I use a bow) because the spear adds a 2nd sprint skill. Between that, and run, and my invisible ability all I have to do is keep an eye out for flashing red names appearing on the edge of the screen. If I see that I drop what I'm doing and smash on those skills and get the hell out of dodge.

Haven't been killed yet but it's definitely only a matter of time. Keep it up, you'll be fine. Remember, the most important thing is to wear only what you don't care about losing. My brother ran out to a black zone in full T5 and was killed instantly. Good learning lesson albeit a pricy one.

Red is a matter of getting out of it than losing to it.
So for 3-4 successful runs, one death is nothing, as long as you use items that you can lose.
Though transporting goods to Caerleon is risky business, because you carry a lot of money with you :p

If somebody from a guild wants to roam Red today just hit me up :)

Apt101

I know it comes with the territory, but the number of gank squads just roaming the red zones picking off solo players is pretty nuts. At least 2-3 squads on each map at a time. And since you literally drop everything it's incredibly discouraging. It's either engage with the systems or gather T4 in the safer zones until your eyes bleed then either sell/transmute them to the higher tiers.

This is the problem they eventually ran into with UO, and was forced to create a mirror of the world with only optional PvP (and very limited). But even before then, it wasn't a big problem losing your stuff because an outfit didn't represent hours of time (or let's face it, basically an entire day). Players could also hide, flee more easily, etc, within an uninstanced world.

I'm hoping they make some adjustments to ease solo play and give players more to do. Hopefully the problem with scarce resources will take care of itself.

Apt101

Woo! And it birthed a foal, so I am growing another if anyone wants to buy it. I'll sell it to a guildie at half what the AH rate is.

NHYH8it.png

Why did you press Die? In yellow zone you cant be finished from downed state, so you cannot lose items.

Oh right, it was in a red zone. Wouldn't want to derp my gear for nothing, that much I know.

I take only crappy gear when going in the PvP zones, and losing a Journeyman Ox doesn't hurt, it is only 2k in the mall. You make so much more profit for doing trade runs that the risk pays off.

Nevermind. PVP sucks.

Give it another shot. They just put up a patch where people won't be able to attack for 3 seconds after getting off a mount.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Can anyone explain how labourers work? I can't find an explanation anywhere that is more recent than 2015.

I've just started and been trying to figure this shit out too, so let me try to explain the basics.

• You need a house to get workers. Bigger house, more workers will fit.
  • You hire workers at a base cost of 500 silver.
  • You have to place them in the house like a piece of furniture.
  • Workers won't do shit until you buy a journal from them.
  • Buy their journals. They fill up as you earn fame, so take the journal with you and stuff.
  • Take the filled journal to the work, and you can send them on a mission.
  • Workers bring back resources and a higher level journal. Rinse and repeat?
  • Also, workers need to be happy to do anything.
  • For some reason, having furniture in your house make them happy.
  • If you have a worker but no furniture, installing furniture takes 24 hours to make them happy/increase their happiness. For reasons.
The Who/What:

• Lumberjack - Returns Raw lumber. Journals fill as you gather from tree nodes.
  • Stone Cutter - Returns Raw Stone. Journals fill as you gather from stone nodes.
  • Prospector - Returns Raw Ore. Journals fill as you gather from ore nodes.
  • Gamekeeper - Returns Raw Hides. Journals fill as you gather hides from wild beasts.
  • Cropper - Returns Raw fiber. Journals fill as you gather from fiber nodes.
  • Mercenary - Returns Silver. Journals fill by killing monsters that drop silver.
  • Blacksmith - Returns Refined Resources. Journals fill as you craft using the Warriors Forge.
  • Fletcher - Returns Refined Resources. Journals fill as you craft using the Hunters Lodge.
  • Imbuer - Returns Refined Resources. Journals fill as you craft using the Mage Tower.
  • Tinker - Returns Refined Resources. Journals fill as you craft using the Tool Maker

Cocaloch

I've just started and been trying to figure this shit out too, so let me try to explain the basics.

• You need a house to get workers. Bigger house, more workers will fit.
  • You hire workers at a base cost of 500 silver.
  • You have to place them in the house like a piece of furniture.
  • Workers won't do shit until you buy a journal from them.
  • Buy their journals. They fill up as you earn fame, so take the journal with you and stuff.
  • Take the filled journal to the work, and you can send them on a mission.
  • Workers bring back resources and a higher level journal. Rinse and repeat?
  • Also, workers need to be happy to do anything.
  • For some reason, having furniture in your house make them happy.
  • If you have a worker but no furniture, installing furniture takes 24 hours to make them happy/increase their happiness. For reasons.
The Who/What:

• Lumberjack - Returns Raw lumber. Journals fill as you gather from tree nodes.
  • Stone Cutter - Returns Raw Stone. Journals fill as you gather from stone nodes.
  • Prospector - Returns Raw Ore. Journals fill as you gather from ore nodes.
  • Gamekeeper - Returns Raw Hides. Journals fill as you gather hides from wild beasts.
  • Cropper - Returns Raw fiber. Journals fill as you gather from fiber nodes.
  • Mercenary - Returns Silver. Journals fill by killing monsters that drop silver.
  • Blacksmith - Returns Refined Resources. Journals fill as you craft using the Warriors Forge.
  • Fletcher - Returns Refined Resources. Journals fill as you craft using the Hunters Lodge.
  • Imbuer - Returns Refined Resources. Journals fill as you craft using the Mage Tower.
  • Tinker - Returns Refined Resources. Journals fill as you craft using the Tool Maker

Ah okay, this was what I found too, but the wiki said the information was from 2015. I guess it was just some weird issue with google.

Thanks for the help!

Apt101

I have an adept's tame giant stag I can sell someone - 21k. That's about half of what they're going for at the Lymhurst AH.

Also, the game seems to be breaking down. None of my expired auctions are available for pickup. When my stag grew to full size, I received the window congratulating me on a fawn for nurturing, but the window was empty. I had to log out and back in to see my bank.

I suppose I'll send an email and see if anything comes from it. I'm out like 18k just on animals alone.

Orca

Just got the game and played for a couple hours. A little confusing, since there isn't a ton of explanation early on. Even the tutorial on crafting confused me since it doesn't say you need to go to the craft location to do it, so I was going through every menu trying to figure out what I was missing....then walked five feet and OHHHHH there it is.

Crafted a new bow, then figured out some of the system and did some resource farming, eventually crafted a Journeyman Bow and set of armor before shutting it down for the night. Killed a creature at one point and a portal appeared. I was overburdened but went in it anyway. After killing a pile of demons I ended up getting KOd by a trapped one. What was I supposed to do in there?

Apt101

Just got the game and played for a couple hours. A little confusing, since there isn't a ton of explanation early on. Even the tutorial on crafting confused me since it doesn't say you need to go to the craft location to do it, so I was going through every menu trying to figure out what I was missing....then walked five feet and OHHHHH there it is.

Crafted a new bow, then figured out some of the system and did some resource farming, eventually crafted a Journeyman Bow and set of armor before shutting it down for the night. Killed a creature at one point and a portal appeared. I was overburdened but went in it anyway. After killing a pile of demons I ended up getting KOd by a trapped one. What was I supposed to do in there?

I think that was a hellgate. I am not really sure how to complete them, but I got konged in one too.

Kaname

I tend to have a sort of shitty internet connection with high latency, around 150+ ms so most action based MMOs are a big no at the moment. Would I be able to enjoy this one or would the combat be a nightmare in any case? Like does it require a lot of dodging and stuff or not? :(

HowZatOZ

Banned
I tend to have a sort of shitty internet connection with high latency, around 150+ ms so most action based MMOs are a big no at the moment. Would I be able to enjoy this one or would the combat be a nightmare in any case? Like does it require a lot of dodging and stuff or not? :(

Considering me and a few other's are based in Australia and doing pretty fine it isn't that bad of an issue compared to the more action-y based MMOs. I just find having to dodge a little bit earlier on telegraphed attacks but otherwise its all gravy.

They could/should change it to where only solo could lvl solo and 2+ vs 2+ only

Ardvent

That's a Hellgate!

It is a 'boss' dungeon with a competing team inside.
There are 5 demons of hell in each corner of the pentagram, when all 5 are dead a new 6th veteran boss spawns in the center.
Both teams compete against each other with PvP to fight for the chest the center boss drops. Players are removed from the HG on death.

I've been playing Albion and loving it, had no idea there was a GAF community but I hopped in the discord. I currently am running a guild of ~15 co-workers with a PvP replacement program and resource bounties to let some of the taxes flow back into members.

Loving the sandbox, looking forward to ganking with Glory and Fortune

The server issues are getting tiring. Couldn't log on for more than a 10 mins the last 2 days. I know they're fighting the good fight vs gold sellers but they're gonna have to figure out something.

Buckle

Game sounds pretty interesting.

Tempted to download it and see how far I can get as a humble farmer with no combat whatsoever.

Get some land, grow some crops, raise cattle, cry "oh shit" when I accidentally run into a level one enemy fifty hours later during a jaunt through the woods, etc.

Gnub

The server issues are getting tiring. Couldn't log on for more than a 10 mins the last 2 days. I know they're fighting the good fight vs gold sellers but they're gonna have to figure out something.
Servers were stable last night. They made some updates and things look promising. Compensation is lame imo. More premium time is a given but i think they could have done something that says "i survived the server issues."

Az987

all good things
I've been looking for the GAF guild on the guild list but I can't find it. Is there a way to search for a guild besides just scrolling?

I feel like I'm over looking something.

I've been looking for the GAF guild on the guild list but I can't find it. Is there a way to search for a guild besides just scrolling?

I feel like I'm over looking something.

There isn't a way to search for guild or player yet unfortunately. It's on the list of features they're working on implementing. Join the GAF Discord and try to sync up with someone there.

Gamerdude99

Neo Member
There isn't a way to search for guild or player yet unfortunately. It's on the list of features they're working on implementing. Join the GAF Discord and try to sync up with someone there.

So I know the topic is not that old but how active is the GAF guild? The guild I am in currently seems pretty active BUT they dont seem big on doing events. Everyone just seems to be doing their own thing/grinding.

Im having fun on this game, surprised its not more popular here. Its everything I have ever wanted in an MMO, minus the graphics, of course, but its still fun regardless.

Is this game worth the $30 entry fee? I'm bored as hell and haven't been playing anything recently. This looks pretty interesting, though.

Quonny

Is this game worth the $30 entry fee? I'm bored as hell and haven't been playing anything recently. This looks pretty interesting, though.

It really depends what you're looking for. I fell off it hard after I hit the gathering tier where you needed to go into PVP zones and it took literally dozens of hours of right clicking rocks to rank up.

The game seems really fun if you have a tight knit group of friends to play with. Roam the PVP zones together, chat while doing mindless things, etc. If you don't have that, or aren't actively looking for a group like that, I don't think the game is very rewarding or enjoyable. If you do have that, though, it seems like it would be a good time.

Apt101

Tier 5 cleric gear - well, the robe staff and book anyways. Robe and staff are enchanted once. Good times. Gonna see if I own the T4 Hallowed Halls dungeon now (probably going to heal like 5% more.....).

9BOtF53.png

HowZatOZ

Banned
So I know the topic is not that old but how active is the GAF guild? The guild I am in currently seems pretty active BUT they dont seem big on doing events. Everyone just seems to be doing their own thing/grinding.

Im having fun on this game, surprised its not more popular here. Its everything I have ever wanted in an MMO, minus the graphics, of course, but its still fun regardless.

We are active, but we aren't as obviously active as the bigger guilds. I myself am currenlty inactive due to personal issues (I'm the Guild Leader) however there is definitely a few on at any good time so jump into Discord and you'll find a way to getting in. I'm also struggling a bit when I do have time to actually getting on due to all these server issues as they are ill timed with the Australian prime time gaming hours sadly.

Apt101

We are active, but we aren't as obviously active as the bigger guilds. I myself am currenlty inactive due to personal issues (I'm the Guild Leader) however there is definitely a few on at any good time so jump into Discord and you'll find a way to getting in. I'm also struggling a bit when I do have time to actually getting on due to all these server issues as they are ill timed with the Australian prime time gaming hours sadly.

To add to this, I am an officer, I think I can invite. Jaymund is the name in game. Just find me. I am usually in Lymhurst or nearby.

patchday

Been avoiding MMOs for years but this one looks really great. Havent played an MMO since EVE Online which was the ultimate sandbox mmo. Loved it, but had to quit due to time constraints. I was in a huge alliance and have always loved pvp so this looks right up my alley.

Never even heard of this game til now

Apt101

I threw on a few pieces of old T3 and T4 gear, decided to try ganking. The first guy I ran into, we downed each other:

SDqUP8A.png

Had to sit there together for like 3 min. Eventually I decided to apologize. I felt bad that I made him have to sit there like that.

Apt101

Wow, I definitely doing my mining near Fort Sterling. And shopping for bricks there. Ore and rock is plentiful.

Also, I have a T5 butcher on my island now too.

Update: I built a kennel. If you want to use it we can arrange access rights in game.

Top Bottom